Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Naptha evaporation below 0?
    #9407575 - 12/10/08 04:29 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

How do you think i could this most cheaply? My mini heat pad is not enough and i don't wanna stink out the house as it is slow evaporating naptha so it is in the shed. Any ideas?

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegrymmtymm
lostinthought
 User Gallery

Loc: inside your head
Re: Naptha evaporation below 0? [Re: Grapefruit]
    #9407605 - 12/10/08 04:34 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

a fan blowing over it will decrease evap time greatly

--------------------
If you always do what you always did you always get what you always got.

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: Naptha evaporation below 0? [Re: grymmtymm]
    #9407611 - 12/10/08 04:35 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

You think it will be hot enough to evap at all at near freezing in the winter?

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Invisiblemeatman
Goner
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Underwater Lake
    #9407633 - 12/10/08 04:37 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i've got a spare room with a window in it. just put your bowl or whatever in front of an open window with a fan blowing the fumes outside, and close the door to the room... unless that isn't an option.

--------------------
"I don't do drugs. I am drugs." -Dali
Everything I post is a complete fabrication made for your entertainment.

OfflineMcMoney
see through the mind.
Male

Loc: Florida.
    #9407638 - 12/10/08 04:38 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

it does not need to be any specific temp.
it will evaporate at room temp.
my suggestion is that if your gonna use a fan tape tolet paper over the tray because you do not want dust in your product

--------------------
open your heart to the Love.
                                          open your mind to the Dream.

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holographic Omniverse
    #9407648 - 12/10/08 04:40 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Some people use a slow-cooker to evap the naphtha quickly. It's below freezing where I live so I also have this problem. I take the naphtha and place it in a large pyrex baking dish. I then place this in front of my bedroom window, which is only open about one inch. Then I put a mini fan in front of the dish. I use paper (wrapping paper) and tape to make an enclosed wind tunnel that surrounds the fan and the dish so that the air is blowing over the surface of the naphtha and out the window. I stuffed plastic bags in the window crack on the outside of the wind tunnel to prevent heat from escaping. This method actually works surprisingly well, and very little heat from my room is lost. I cannot smell any naphtha fumes either.

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

Edited by NlightNd1 (12/10/08 04:46 PM)

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: Naptha evaporation below 0? [Re: NlightNd1]
    #9407680 - 12/10/08 04:44 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

excellent advice thankyou :thumbup:

--------------------

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Offlineutk
Ellis, Dee M.D
    #9407755 - 12/10/08 04:55 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Fill the bathtub with a little bit of hot water. Put a pyrex baking dish into the tub with the naphtha in it. Put a fan on high blowing down directly on top of the pyrex surface. Turn on your bathroom vent/towel up the door.

or

Put the naphtha inside of an old jelly jar and store it in the freezer overnight. The next day take it out and pour the liquid through a coffee filter. Dump the old naphtha or save it for reuse and dry off the filter. The goodies are not soluble in naphtha at freezing temperatures and it will crystalize on the bottom of the jar.

Note:Since it is so cold make sure to mix the naphtha in preaty soon after you mix in the NAOH. The exothermic reaction generates heat and creates an ideal temperature to extract the goodies with. You can also use the bathtub idea to heat the mixture. Ideal temperatures are about 100 degrees(Vaporization occurs at 140 degrees), Any more and the naphtha absorbs more plant fat, any less and you wont have alot of the shit.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Naptha evaporation below 0? [Re: utk]
    #9407784 - 12/10/08 05:01 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

utk said:
Put the naphtha inside of an old jelly jar and store it in the freezer overnight. The next day take it out and pour the liquid through a coffee filter. Dump the old naphtha or save it for reuse and dry off the filter. The goodies are not soluble in naphtha at freezing temperatures and it will crystalize on the bottom of the jar.

They're poorly soluble at freezing temperatures, but that's not the same as insoluble. The solution needs to be concentrated enough for that to work. If grapefruit has it out in the shed at 0 degrees (celcius, I assume) and hasn't seen precipitation, then evaporation is necessary.

A fan will help it evaporate, even at such a low temperature, it'll just take a bit longer. I do not recommend using a hotplate or slowcooker to evaporate the naphtha, as both are generally warn enough to vaporize the DMT (DMT vaporizes at 60C)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates