Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleCheeba
the shroomyqueen

Loc: atop my secret mountain
Re: At Last Some Proof for Swami / Yogic Flying [Re: Phred]
    #939508 - 10/07/02 10:35 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Careful pink. Posting factual information with a pedantic explanation could lose you a mushroom

I do not understand this whole mushroom thing. Is it sort of like a popularity contest? Those wishing to keep their mushrooms keep their mouths shut and comply with others so as to gain MORE little mushroom symbols?

*looking with fear* oh no...shall I loose a few for asking that question? lol

--------------------
Carpe Diem <*))))><
Theres one sweet whirld out there!!
Now remember, you are unique! Just like everybody else!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: At Last Some Proof for Swami / Yogic Flying [Re: Swami]
    #939512 - 10/07/02 10:37 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks Swam.

I do have some rather intense committment to skepticism born from the errors most institutions fall err to.

I think that as moderators will should do our level best to allow everyone to post anything and utter any comment about anything at any time that anyone wishes. Whatever the consequences may be they are better than forcing anyone to keep silent on an issue where they have different opinions.

That said, I do make a few exceptions.  I am not much of a fan of flaming and/or coarse language.  I accept it but I am no fan of either.  I also try to be as strict as I can be about which material is allowed in here and which isn't.  I have been reading different threads long before I was a moderator and gauging whether they were topics that fit within this forum.  I see a lot of nonsense passed off as thinking here but I am used to that.  Most people are not trained to think critically.  I do not fault them for that.  As a rule I eschew rules but if it becomes necessary to establish some for the health of the forum I will, though unhappy about it, help to institute them and enforce them.

Generally I like to see the forum run with a little intervention from the moderators as possible.  As long as the forum doesn't turn into a flamefest I am more than content to watch nonsense pass for thinking.  I have been there too many times myself to judge.

Cheers Bro,

Oh, and I wish you wouldn't  'stand' corrected.  It makes me nervous in my chair. :wink: 

OfflineCalen
journeyman
    #939976 - 10/07/02 12:52 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

[bSaw nothing mystical at the Ashrams that I visited, not even a mention of weird tales. The only unusual thing I knew of was a highly energetic and skinny monk who lived on only one glass of fresh orange juice and one glass of fresh vegetable juice year-round.

A breatharian?? ~.^

Speaking of *ahem* parlor tricks, ever seen the Shaolin shows? I might go to one in November for the second time.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: At Last Some Proof for Swami / Yogic Flying [Re: Cheeba]
    #940033 - 10/07/02 01:11 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I do not understand this whole mushroom thing. Is it sort of like a popularity contest?

Pretty much.

Those wishing to keep their mushrooms keep their mouths shut and comply with others so as to gain MORE little mushroom symbols?

I would change this sentence to read less like a question... try swapping the '?' for a '.' yeah...

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinevaporbrains
Cub Scout

Loc: ghetto# 03479
    #940075 - 10/07/02 01:25 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

woow..they've correlated odd eeg patterns with people who think they can float...that's amazing....one would never expect such people to have "odd" brain patterns...

--------------------
All refrences to and statements concerning mushrooms, mushroom cultivation, and mushroom related paraphrenalia refer specifically to the cultivation of legal species.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: At Last Some Proof for Swami / Yogic Flying [Re: vaporbrains]
    #940389 - 10/07/02 03:24 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

LOL

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Re: At Last Some Proof for Swami / Yogic Flying [Re: Major_Buzz]
    #940413 - 10/07/02 03:33 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

there is a show on the discovery channel all about how this is phony.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: At Last Some Proof for Swami / Yogic Flying [Re: Cheeba]
    #940537 - 10/07/02 04:16 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry Cheeba. I downgraded your mushroom rating for EVEN asking that question.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: At Last Some Proof for Swami / Yogic Flying [Re: Major_Buzz]
    #942480 - 10/08/02 10:11 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry Dude, the gang is correct. I was in teacher-training for TM back in the mid 70's, and just a few weeks from going to Switzerland to get initiated by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, before I dropped out. Yogic flying IS a matter of muscular movements, which in itself is something of a siddhi (power), but who wants to cause the kind of skeletal-muscular damage from springing up and down using one's hip joints? I once did a crash-course with the 3HO Kundalini Yogis at about the same time. One guy told me to "sleep here," pointing to an antelope-skin covered bed. I asked him with a smile if I'd levitate and he looked at me real seriously and said, "that will take you 11 years of practice." Right.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
Re: At Last Some Proof for Swami / Yogic Flying [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #943532 - 10/08/02 04:53 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I think the yogic flying thing is bullshit. I saw a documentary that showed these guys with their legs crossed hopping around the room. Not too convincing. However, in a History of Tibet class we read about some interesting shit. It talked about these shamans in Tibet that would meditate all the time about opening a whole in the top of their head so their soul could escape when they die. After years of this shit they found that their skull actually had begun to split on the top of their head, making alittle soft spot like babies have before their skull is fully formed. I wish I stilll had the textbook and I would prove it. And yes, I go to a fully accredited university. the wonders of the human mind...

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: At Last Some Proof for Swami / Yogic Flying [Re: Buddha5254]
    #943859 - 10/08/02 06:57 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmm...

I would have checked their dwellings for chisels and the like.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale