Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, HEPA Filter, Pressure Cooker, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblekeyeghost
?

seeds, moist filters, cookers ..........
    #939436 - 10/07/02 12:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I was reading a story about someone who was attempting to grow B+ & AC strains. In the story the character steeped the birdseed in simmering water for 30 minutes, dried it out completely (not knowing about moisture content, etc) over day and night. The character then thought that he had steeped the seed in vain since it was back to 0 water content. To make up for it's folly, the character then added about 1 part water (in varying decrements of 5ml, e.g, first jar 250 ml birdseed 125 H20 second 250ml seed 120 ml H20, etc) to 2 parts birdseed in each of it's four jars before pressure cooking. The charcter then wrapped & completely sealed only the lids (!!!) with aluminum foil before cooking. Our character then rocked the jars @15.5-6 psi for 50 minutes. The environments were left to cool overnight, then carried to the labratory for innoc over the HEPA filter which had been running 72 hours previous to innoc. The area of course is completely streile, washed over with bleach water several times, sprayed with disenfectant, and lined in bleched plasic before being sprayed again. When the jars are removed from the pc, there is noticibly a mixture of burst millet as well as some that had not burst. Upon removal of the first aluminum lining our character noticed that it's cardboard filter patch was slightly moist, not soaked but visibly moist. In the book, there was no standing water in the jar and the moisture content was *VISIBLY* about the same as the other jars. The fact that the patch was moist makes our character very nervous. It does not know wether this is a good thing or not. Also, this was the only jar which had fallen over in the cooker either during cooking or during transportation of the pc. The other patches may have been slightly moist, but they had no visible saturation. Our character wonders if it has overlooked anything important, and also wonders what those with experience think of the "visibly moist" cardboard filter. The character also wondered if it's jars were too low on water content if he cooked pressure cook a syringe, add sterilized water to the syringe and then add a little water through the innoc. holes. The character would hope to not have to do this, but it IS rather handy knowledge for it.

Intended for fictional use.

--------------------
"time couldn't end me, even the great devil Satan who tried to befriend me, understand the equality, God in the bodily form, lettin my knowledge be born" RZA as Prince Rakeem

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: seeds, moist filters, cookers .......... [Re: keyeghost]
    #940098 - 10/07/02 03:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

cardboard filter?

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisiblekeyeghost
?

Re: seeds, moist filters, cookers .......... [Re: Roadkill]
    #940621 - 10/07/02 06:50 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Aye, no filter patches. character had read that cardboard will work (just need it to help the fun guys breathe) ... not too worried about contams... of 100+ half pint brf's it's never lost one to contaminates BUT it also never used a cardboard filter The reasons it thought it would be ok are that it is a dry environment, 1 hepa filter in spawn part of lab and one ionic breeze in lab, new house fresh tile in lab, washed with bleach water between each grow several times, well sealed windows, disinfected regularly. So is the cardboard a bad idea for our character??

Fiction all fiction.

--------------------
"time couldn't end me, even the great devil Satan who tried to befriend me, understand the equality, God in the bodily form, lettin my knowledge be born" RZA as Prince Rakeem

Edited by keyeghost (10/07/02 06:52 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, HEPA Filter, Pressure Cooker, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation