Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepianoblack
paran0id andr0id
Female

amanita muscaria/psyclobin. difference??
    #9392308 - 12/08/08 01:54 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

ok i know this is a total noob question, but whatever i thought id ask anyway because i really have no idea.

whats the difference between psyclobin and amanita muscaria?

i guess both are obviously different chemicals, and i think amanita muscaria is legal... only bc ive seen it for sale online on a salvia supply website... but whats the difference in terms of effect and what it does to your brain?

thanks

--------------------
Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMyCoFiend420
ShRoOmEr
Male User Gallery

Loc: the mitt
Re: amanita muscaria/psyclobin. difference?? [Re: pianoblack]
    #9392646 - 12/08/08 02:40 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

the chemicals in A.muscaria make it more of a delerius trip than psilocybin

--------------------
There are thing known,and things unknown
and in between them
are the doors of perception

InvisibleSet
candy colored clown
 User Gallery

Loc: right near da beach Flag
    #9393056 - 12/08/08 03:38 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Psilocybin is a tryptamine which mimics seratonin (bonds to seratonin receptors) and makes you "trip". 

Muscimol (A. muscaria active alkaloid) is affects GABA receptors (GABA is the inhibitory NT), which results in a delirious state.  Muscarine (also in A. muscaria) does the same except with acetylcholine receptors.  The resulting effects are a delirious state, very different from the effects of psilocybin.

Welcome to the Shroomery and try doing a search if you want more info, there's tons of it on this site.

:cheers:

--------------------
    classic LOVELINE

Offlinepianoblack
paran0id andr0id
Female

Re: amanita muscaria/psyclobin. difference?? [Re: Set]
    #9393078 - 12/08/08 03:42 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

alright, i think i have a better idea of the difference in effects. thanks :laugh:

--------------------
Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one.

Offlinekrosmo67
rider
Male User Gallery

Loc: Norcal
    #9393300 - 12/08/08 04:15 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
“If you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out” - Timothy Leary

"The being of understanding is to not understand" - T.C.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: amanita muscaria/psyclobin. difference?? [Re: krosmo67]
    #9393305 - 12/08/08 04:16 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I have taken them both at the same time, its a real good mind ravager:thumbup:

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineEl Zorro
in heaven
    #9393322 - 12/08/08 04:19 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

pianoblack said:
alright, i think i have a better idea of the difference in effects. thanks :laugh:

No you don't.

OfflineMyCoFiend420
ShRoOmEr
Male User Gallery

Re: amanita muscaria/psyclobin. difference?? [Re: El Zorro]
    #9395149 - 12/08/08 08:53 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i seen them all around my place in the fall but i dont wanna pick the wrong one!

--------------------
and in between them

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: amanita muscaria/psyclobin. difference?? [Re: MyCoFiend420]
    #9395165 - 12/08/08 08:55 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Yes there are DEADLY look alikes, only a trusted mycologist should ID them for consumption.

--------------------

OfflineMyCoFiend420
ShRoOmEr
Male User Gallery

Re: amanita muscaria/psyclobin. difference?? [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9395195 - 12/08/08 08:59 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

ya arent they supposed to have rings or circles around the base of the stem

--------------------
and in between them

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: amanita muscaria/psyclobin. difference?? [Re: MyCoFiend420]
    #9395225 - 12/08/08 09:02 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I couldn't tell you the user 'entropymancer' know a lot about amanita.  I would ask him for specific traits of Amanita Muscaria.

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #9395787 - 12/08/08 10:12 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

You definitely do not want to pick the wrong mushroom. I wrote a Guide to Hunting Fly Agarics. You should definitely read that before picking any. It's written as a guide to picking them in North America, and talks specifically about the look-alikes that occur on this continent. If you live on a different continent, there may be other look-alikes.

Even after reading the guide, I recommend posting pics in the Mushroom Hunting forum to get your ID confirmed (be sure to take pics of the base of the stipe, being careful not to overhandle the base when you pick it).

We don't want anyone eating the wrong mushroom and losing their kidneys.

As to your original question... I know you admitted it was a n00b question, but I feel it's necessary to say that, based on your question, you probably shouldn't even consider eating fly agarics until you've done some serious research. I often respond to questions about Amanita muscaria, but I skipped over this one just because the question was so fundamentally flawed.

Quote:

whats the difference between psyclobin and amanita muscaria?

First off, what in god's name is psyclobin? I'm guessing you meant psilocybin?

Second, asking what the difference is between psilocybin mushrooms and fly agarics is not a useful question. It's like asking what the difference is between prozac and klonopins. Or the difference between amphetamine and GHB.  The drugs are not related. The experiences are not similar. Sure, they both come from mushrooms, but why should that mean there are any substantial similarities to be drawn between the experiences?

About the only thing they have in common is that they are both entheogenic at the proper dosage. But psilocybes are clearly psychedelic, while fly agarics really aren't. Psilocybin is a 5HT2 agonist drug, while muscimol is an agonist at the GABA-A receptor (this is a receptor where alcohol, benzodiazepines, and ambien all exert their primary action).

Offlinemojogoat
Stranger
Male

#9397635 - 12/09/08 04:55 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Theres an ebook "Herb of immortality" all about the history of amanitas and different methods of preparation available on this site: http://ambrosiasociety.org/
Amongst other fascinating methods, it lists in detail one method of preparation whereby you get effects as powerful as lsd or psilocybin, worth looking into!

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: amanita muscaria/psyclobin. difference?? [Re: mojogoat]
    #9403981 - 12/10/08 01:12 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I've been reading through that pdf... So far I've come across a shitload of terrible speculation to support unfounded hypotheses (the author talks about the "ancestors ate manna in the desert" bits of the bible as supporting A muscaria in judao-christian history, while everyone know A muscaria doesn't grow in the fucking desert), and a lot of misconstrued biblical passages.  I've come accross boatloads of misinformation about the chemistry of the mushroom... there's plenty of evidence that the author has aboslutely no fucking clue what he's talking about when addressing matters of chemistry.... and seems to have a profound ability to misinterpret the established chemical literature.

I haven't yet gotten to the part where he talks about a preparation method that is as powerful as psilocybe mushrooms or LSD, but that's a completely ambiguous and disingenous claim.  It's like talking about a method of preparing cannabis so that it's as strong as alcohol.... Just what does "strong" mean here? How can the relative strenght of completely different experiences be measured on a single continuum.

Unless the remainder of the document redeems the gross abundance of misinformation in the parts that I've read, I strongly recommend that no one take any advice given in the document... So far, it seems like complete and utter rubbish.

OfflineMyCoFiend420
ShRoOmEr
Male User Gallery

Re: amanita muscaria/psyclobin. difference?? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #9405748 - 12/10/08 11:48 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
and in between them

Offlinemojogoat
Stranger
Male

#9411148 - 12/11/08 05:46 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Far from being rubbish, the pdf gives some accurate techniques for amanita preparation , as well as repeatedly warning the user about the dangers of drinking carbonated beverages along with amanita. Seems pretty responsible to me. Other users on this forum have a high regard for the guy who wrote this document, Donald Teeter, and having actually read what he has to say about the various methods of ingestion, I think that his ideas bear dissemination. His actual recipes have been posted on here before without any cries of dismay. But, opinions differ.
As for his claim regarding a powerful method of preparing the fly agaric in order to make it more psychoactive, well it could be disingenuous if he's lying. I suppose the only way to find out would be to try it! I have some fly agaric curing at the moment and am prepared to put my money where my mouth is, and try it. Will post a report when i do!

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

Re: amanita muscaria/psyclobin. difference?? [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9411491 - 12/11/08 08:38 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
Yes there are DEADLY look alikes, only a trusted mycologist should ID them for consumption.

Not of the red variety, if you can name one poisonous mushrooms (or any mushroom at all.) that is red with white spots, even if it has no other resemblance to it, I would cut off all my hair I have been growing for the past 5 years.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: amanita muscaria/psyclobin. difference?? [Re: The Centre]
    #9411895 - 12/11/08 10:17 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The Centre said:
Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:

Not of the red variety, if you can name one poisonous mushrooms (or any mushroom at all.) that is red with white spots, even if it has no other resemblance to it, I would cut off all my hair I have been growing for the past 5 years.

Amanita parcivolvata.  Time fer a haircut son.

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

#9412191 - 12/11/08 11:24 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Entropymancer said:
Quote:

The Centre said:
Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:

Amanita parcivolvata.  Time fer a haircut son.

Is it poisonous?

And that bulb is a total give-away.

OfflineEl Zorro
in heaven
Re: amanita muscaria/psyclobin. difference?? [Re: The Centre]
    #9412372 - 12/11/08 12:02 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Doesn't matter. You said "(or any mushroom at all)
that is red with white spots"

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

I want pics of the bald head.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder