Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Autoclave

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSan Tropez
Stranger
Time between Sterilization and Innoculation?
    #939139 - 10/07/02 10:22 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I wanted to get started mixing the substates and sterilizing them before my spores show up. They should be here today. I was wondering if I sterilized em now would they be ok for a few days or would I risk contam. If they do show today how long will the jars take to cool completely? Oh yeah, one more ? Do I put tape over the holes in the lid after innoc. Sorry for the newbie ?'s but they aren't mentioned in the guide, left for me to figure out! Thanks of much

Happy Trails,
sAn trOpEz

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleblazenaz
Extremist

Loc: Surrounded by an electrom...
Re: Time between Sterilization and Innoculation? [Re: San Tropez]
    #939150 - 10/07/02 10:26 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

not a prob to let them sit for a while. Dude had some jars sit for 5 weeks before inoculating them and none had any problems.

Blaze

--------------------
Blaze

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #939164 - 10/07/02 10:29 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Wait until room temp .........could take up to six hours cooling for this .Ego personally would use then with in 24 hours of making , leaving them lying around is trouble waiting , IMHO .
Wait for the spores ..........mail service is not pure science , if you know what I mmean ?
Ego used autoclave , so used breathable tape , put on before sterilizing , left on till ready to innoc .
Good Luck :cool: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: Time between Sterilization and Innoculation? [Re: tripndicular]
    #939191 - 10/07/02 10:38 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with Trip. The sooner they are used, the better. The longer they sit, the better odds for a nasty to develope. Even though, once I waited a week to innoc, because I had to leave town. They turned out Okay.

Look at it like this. You build a building . You don't put on any waterproof siding. Thinking, it is sunny & no rain in sight. I can wait.

Odds are you will be okay for a short time & it will not rain. The longer the time, the higher the odds, it will rain.

Shit happens.

A quick innoc after the jars are cooled to room temp has a profilacitic (SP) effect. At least INHO.

6T

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Invisibleblazenaz
Extremist

Re: Time between Sterilization and Innoculation? [Re: SixTango]
    #939253 - 10/07/02 11:03 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Good over-all advice. Mickey and I both responded to a post asking something similar and my thought was to use them right way as well. Mickey made a good point when he said that it might not be a bad idea to wait a couple of days before you inoculate to see if any contams develop, especially if this is a person's first time making PC'in substrate. No point in wasting good spore solution on a batch of water logged, or contaminated jars.  :smile:

Blaze

--------------------
Blaze

OfflineSan Tropez
Stranger
Re: Time between Sterilization and Innoculation? [Re: blazenaz]
    #939483 - 10/07/02 12:25 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

can someone elaborate on the tape? Masking, scotch, duct. I put it over the holes before sterilization? Then I remove it for innoc? Then after the innoc? Is the tape necessary or will it be too airtight, as I've heard this debated as when discussing the lids and stuff. I got my spores! I'm gonna start now!!!!!!!!

Peace and Happy Trails,
san

Invisibleblazenaz
Extremist

#939516 - 10/07/02 12:39 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Cover jars with tin foil when sterilizing in PC, no need for tape. You want your jars to be able to release pressure in case you didn't already know that. After inoculation you can use the tape to cover the holes in the lid.

--------------------
Blaze

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Autoclave

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation