Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Drug dealing game launched on iPhone [UK]
    #9390238 - 12/08/08 05:06 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Drug dealing game launched on iPhone
December 8, 2008 - newslite.tv

A controversial game has been launched for the Apple iPhone where players deal drugs from real-world locations.

Using the GPS in their mobile phones to track their movements, gamers connect with each other trying to buy drugs including cannabis, cocaine and ecstasy at low prices.

They then move around cities such as London, Manchester and Birmingham trying to sell them on for a profit, making trades with real people online.

Makers say of the game Underworld (initially called DrugLords) : "You become a drug dealer in the criminal underworld, which exists parallel to your everyday life."

The game is expected to be available from the Apple iTunes store just in time to outrage anti-drugs charities for Christmas.
A spokesperson for game developers a-steroids said: "The idea is simple. Moving between real-world locations, you trade various drugs: buy low and sell high.

"You start as a small-time drug pusher with a goal to be a famous drug baron, make a fortune and dominate the world."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Drug dealing game launched on iPhone [UK] [Re: veggie]
    #9390466 - 12/08/08 07:03 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Whats wrong with that?

Is it gonna increase the drugs on our streets?  Nope because of supply and demand we already have almost every drug available for sale everywhere in the UK.
Is it gonna glamorize dealing?  Nope - How can it be glamorized any more than what TV, movies and celebrities have already done?

Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

Re: Drug dealing game launched on iPhone [UK] [Re: Ego Death]
    #9390729 - 12/08/08 08:08 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

The only problem I have with this is that it makes drug dealing seem like some kind of joke, which it def isnt. However, grand theft auto makes killing people like a joke, so what is the difference? O wait, thats right, this country prefers mindless violence over vicimless crimes. That aside, did you notice that the drug map is using google maps? Fucking hilarious, I would love to play this game

--------------------

A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Drug dealing game launched on iPhone [UK] [Re: bloodsheen]
    #9391036 - 12/08/08 09:29 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I had a game like this for my calculator (in high school!) where you went around buying and selling drugs according to prices. Prices would go up with police seizures, and down with over supply, making you a millionaire or in debt. That meant if you had your max carrying amount filled with weed and the cops made a weed seizure, you'd make a lot! It's kind of ironic how that is paralleled with prohibition today...

The only thing I can see wrong with this kind of game is that it could show people how much money (unrealistically) they can make as a drug dealer moving up the chain. Even that is a stretch though. And that... is also due to prohibition!

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

OfflineFunkyPolak
Stranger

Re: Drug dealing game launched on iPhone [UK] [Re: Green_T]
    #9391175 - 12/08/08 10:05 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Does the UK have a different itunes site the the US, cuz that sounds fun.

OfflineTripp420
What?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern Nevada
Re: Drug dealing game launched on iPhone [UK] [Re: FunkyPolak]
    #9391873 - 12/08/08 12:26 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

ah....
good ol dopewars.....
been playin this since i was 8....
ive ported it to several different systems....
i was in the middle of working on a dashboard/ipod app when i read this...

--------------------

Offlinebongoboy2000
Bongoboy2000
Male
Loc: Seattle
Re: Drug dealing game launched on iPhone [UK] [Re: Tripp420]
    #9391938 - 12/08/08 12:38 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

...if you're actually connecting with real people looking for drugs....it seems more like a real-life drug dealing tool than a game no? hah quite funny though.

I totally played that drug game on my calculator in high school too! That was back before I even started smoking weed. good times..

--------------------
...I got nothin..

OfflinePreyToGod
peace.pot.microdot.
Male

Loc: truckin,,,
Re: Drug dealing game launched on iPhone [UK] [Re: bongoboy2000]
    #9392106 - 12/08/08 01:14 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Do you as a person have to physically move to another location to progress in the game?  Do you really have to go meet other real people to play the game?  This willjust straight up make it to where you can always find anything and the cops can always find the source.  Drug wars rocked,but if you are actually "hooking up with other gamers" , then won't you just make real deals sometimes?

--------------------
"We live together, we act on, and react to, one another but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves... By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude." Huxuly
the man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed

just because we all see the:greenshroom:
doesn't mean we all see the same
:mushroom2:

I pushed my fingers through the earth, returned this flower to the dirt. so it could live, I walked away now. But I know... Not a day goes by when I don't feel this burn. There's a point we pass from which we can't return. I've felt the cold rain of the coming storm
None but ourselves can free our minds.”

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds