Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Using pure oxygen
    #939013 - 10/07/02 09:41 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Has anyone experimented with using pure oxygen ? I was considering hooking up a tank to my humidification system , and using evey other day .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: Using pure oxygen [Re: tripndicular]
    #939052 - 10/07/02 09:54 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Never even thought about it. Besides the increased cost factor, pure oxegen can cause flash fire hazards. Mix that with some lysol or alcohol fumes in the air & with a spark or exposed electrical socket contact......you could lose your eye lash's, eye brow's & hair rather suddenly, in a painfull manner. :crazy:

6T  :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: SixTango]
    #939064 - 10/07/02 09:57 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Using pure oxygen [Re: SixTango]
    #939728 - 10/07/02 01:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well aware of the risks , and what precautions are required for minimizing "flash fires" . :crazy:
Was just curious if anyone had considered if it would be benificial . As far as cost goes , I have access to it free of charge . Donations of the werry keep coming in . :grin:
Thanx for the input  :cool: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: tripndicular]
    #939963 - 10/07/02 02:49 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Using pure oxygen [Re: tripndicular]
    #940055 - 10/07/02 03:19 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Good question, but I doubt it would be very helpful.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: Using pure oxygen [Re: Ripple]
    #940061 - 10/07/02 03:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i remember an article on PF about a year ago that i havnt been able to find. I was an experiment where they used o2 with the humidification system and the results were pretty amazing. Massive thick stems protruded from a single cake, easily 4 times normal fruiting. Check around for the article it was interesting indeed...

~cow shit collector

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: Using pure oxygen [Re: MsPacMan]
    #940189 - 10/07/02 04:02 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I think it's a good idea if what ripple said was right. I think the only problem would be when the fruit matures, when something is in a concentrated O2 environment like that, they will oxidize really quickly, maybe killing the potency.

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: daussaulit]
    #940217 - 10/07/02 04:11 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Offlinebowling-name
sleuth

Loc: Mirror in the Sky
Re: Using pure oxygen [Re: daussaulit]
    #940275 - 10/07/02 04:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Psilocybin is the phosphoric acid ester of psilocin and, as such, is the first and hitherto only phosphoric-acid-containing indole compound discovered in nature. The phosphoric acid residue does not contribute to the activity, for the phosphoric-acid-free psilocin is just as active as psilocybin, but it makes the molecule more stable. While psilocin is readily decomposed by the oxygen in air, psilocybin is a stable substance.

Taken from LSD, my problem child, by Albert Hofmann. Granted this was published almost 45 years ago, but if it is correct, you would be advised to add tryptamine to your substrate to counteract this degradation (ie increase the psilocybin since you are losing psilocin content).

It seems like pure oxygen wouldn't work if used all the time, since during certain stages of cultivation some C02 is needed for proper growth (according to The Mushroom Cultivator), less so for cubes, but more so for species like mexicana and other exotics. While the mushrooms put off this gas on their own, continually pumping in oxygen would probably displace it.

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Using pure oxygen [Re: matts]
    #940402 - 10/07/02 05:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

This was sort of the goal , to not have to fan or worry about co2 . I figured if Ego pumped in o2 at bottom of tank , this would not only enrich the air with o2 but keep the co2 stirred up droping out thru vents in chamber .Ego was curious to know if would be benificial to shroomies at same time . I may may play with the idea .
Thanx all for the input , hope it stirred some curiosity in all . :cool: 

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation