Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: An Omen [Re: In(di)go]
    #938593 - 10/07/02 04:46 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Still don't know why you singled this relatively innocent post out except for personal bias which is counter to the duty of being a moderator.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: An Omen [Re: Swami]
    #938633 - 10/07/02 05:14 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i singled it out because i sensed the sarcasm in it... you don't believe in correlations, and you don't believe in omens be it for good or bad fortune... i know you posted this to make fun of other users, and i know you are going to state the contrary... and i think you know exactly what i am talking about... anyways, this discussion will get us nowhere... you get to keep your post, and the forum gets peace...

--------------------

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
    #938637 - 10/07/02 05:16 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

this forum gets funnier every day.

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Re: An Omen [Re: Albino_Jesus]
    #938648 - 10/07/02 05:20 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i'm glad you enjoy it!  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#938711 - 10/07/02 05:54 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

So if I believe in the things that you do, then will I get a Gold Star and be on your list of acceptable posters and you see no bias in that?

I consider many posts here that continue repeating falsehoods and erroneous information to be much more of an affront and dangerous than attitude or presentation.

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#938716 - 10/07/02 05:57 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

No one said you have to believe the same things as them, but not mocking us would be nice. You are free to believe whatever you like, but it isn't acceptable to blatantly put down and scoff at others because you can't and won't take a second to try and understand where they are coming from.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: An Omen [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #938733 - 10/07/02 06:08 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

*Sigh* I should post a biography here so I wouldn't have to constantly repeat myself. I have done more real-world research than any 10 random shroomerites - from visiting India to Area 51 to Gulf Breeze to Sedona to haunted houses to mediums and psychics to peyote ceremonies to exorcisms to ashrams to studying yoga, fasting, mediation, vegetariansim, martial arts to...

Not merely as a dabbler, but as a participant.

My observations are flawed, but your assumptions are dead accurate, eh?

--------------------

Edited by Swami (10/07/02 06:17 AM)

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

#938752 - 10/07/02 06:14 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

what niamhnyx said...

it's not about "falsehoods" ... every one has the right to believe something false, or true... right or wrong... the difference of these beliefs is what makes this forum so beautiful... and users that make a mock and behave like they know everything "oh so better" than the rest instead of giving constructive thoughts about the subject at hand are what destroy beautiful conversations... you figure out to which of these groups you belong

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

#938764 - 10/07/02 06:17 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

your observations are YOUR observations and don't give you the right to judge over us and put our beliefs down... they don't give you the right to behave like you do...

and if you observe that your past gives you the right to present this behaviour, then your observations are flawed indeed...

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#938779 - 10/07/02 06:23 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I agree with Lozt Soul.

Swami, you may have a lot of experience participating in certain things but that doesn't mean that your perceptions and interpretations are more right than any one else's. You bring your own preconcieved notions into anything you experience and that will effect the outcome. Thats a fact.

I really think this is the biggest lesson you need to learn, or maybe not, I dont' know you.... but realizing that perceptions are just individual interpretations of information no one can really understand will make you see how stupid it is to mock and judge others for what they believe.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#938791 - 10/07/02 06:27 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

won't take a second to try and understand where they are coming from.

This statement is a false assumption. Period. I have made many attempts to understand. When I respond DIRECTLY to this point, you go off on a tangent.

I notice that you overlook my point that lovingly presented erroneous information is more damaging than satirically presented facts.

This IS a discussion forum. As I have previously suggested, create a separate "loving support and agreement and encouragement" or "Koombayah" forum for those fragile (yet enlightened!) egos that cannot stand scrutiny.

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#938824 - 10/07/02 06:37 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

OK, so I was wrong when i thought you'd never bothered to experience the things you were mocking. I apologize... but there is still no need to mock and put down the rest of us.

I can take just about as much scutiny as you can pull out of your ass, it's simply irritating. There's a difference between simply offering a different explanation for things and putting people down for believing what they percieve. I would have absolutely no problem if you were to come in here and say "hey guys, maybe there really is no such thing as synchronicity- studies show that the brain looks for patterns in the things around it, do you think its possible that maybe nothing is connected like you think it is? Maybe all our beliefs are based upon misperceptions our brains are coming up with to make life make sense." or however else you'd wanna word that.

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing or pointing out the weakness in someone's argument, but to blantantly demean someone who's perceptions are easily as valid as your own isn't ok.

Edited by NiamhNyx (10/07/02 06:38 AM)

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #938836 - 10/07/02 06:42 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

this is how i see it, anyone is allowed to post what they want if it is relavent to s&p.  if someone wants to add enuendos to the post , they should have every right to do it.  mocking someone for their belief isnt cool, but telling them that you think their beliefs are false is ok.  remember, we all have something to learn from everything :wink: 

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: An Omen [Re: CleverName]
    #938872 - 10/07/02 06:54 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I post a beautiful picture and am attacked, but that is OK because I am a much-maligned skeptic and ASSUMPTIONS were made as to why I posted. Yes it is OK to prejudge the Swami because of who I am (erroneously) perceived to be.

--------------------

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #938884 - 10/07/02 06:57 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

yes, you were attacked, i do not know if your post was meant in mocking or not, but if it was it didnt come out and say it directly. so, your post is cool, and just as important as anyone elses. it is a nice pic.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: An Omen [Re: CleverName]
    #938893 - 10/07/02 07:02 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you. I am done with this thread. Just wanted to share some beauty.

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#938895 - 10/07/02 07:05 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Come off it, if you were posting that to show us something pretty you wouldn't have made the pot'o'gold comment. That was obviously intended to incite something. It *is* a beautiful picture but the comment was very much full of sarcasm.

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

#938898 - 10/07/02 07:05 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

if you would have just wanted to share some beauty you would have posted "look at this! it's beautiful"... instead you said "it MUST be an omen of good fortune", although you don't believe in it...

--------------------

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
    #938904 - 10/07/02 07:07 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

and users that make a mock and behave like they know everything "oh so better" than the rest instead of giving constructive thoughts about the subject at hand

how many times have individuals given "constructive thoughts about the topic at hand" only to be answered by narrowmindedness and criticism not of the ideas, but for merely posting criticism? or to be told that they're coldhearted, inhuman bastards because they share their skeptical POV or don't blindly accept things that there is no evidence in favor of, and much evidence against?
the intolerance and closed-mindedness on the other side of things is just astounding.

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

Anonymous

#938927 - 10/07/02 07:16 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I think that you, Shroomism, and myself need a meeting of the minds in the Moderator forum so we can best moderate this forum. Why don't you start a thread and lay out what's on your mind. Issues such as these can lower the quality of the forum in general when they are discussed in here.

Thanks,

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder