Home | Community | Message Board

DoubleBlind - Learn to Grow Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
preflight anxiety
    #9382001 - 12/07/08 12:03 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i think it was leary who said, essentially, that as you come down from a trip your personality resets itself somewhere on a scale of blessedness or grace that persists until your next trip or similarly transformative experience. like water ice melting and re-freezing in another form. if you have a particularly great trip, you come back generous and strong. less good, less so. bad trip, and you're actually somewhat damaged, fearful, selfish, smaller. this rings true for me. you?

i trip infrequently, 4-5 times a year for (only) 2.5 years. so i've had leisure to observe persistent effects. my last trip was mostly scary. ended euphoric but 80% scary. i've felt not myself since. i've taken up bad habits that previous trips seemed to break for extended periods. i feel like i need to trip again to try for a better outcome, but am afraid to submit. obviously it's powerful medicine. i fear it like surgery. what if i come back worse, even less able to bear further liquefactions and crystallizations? am i just playing with fire and random outcomes?

it's been 25 years since i skied, alpine. one of the things i remember most vividly is the anxiety of advancing into the path of the chair lift. it's a moment of commitment to lose control, be carried away and high, and deposited at the head of a black diamond path. or possibly (albeit improbably) be knocked on your ass if it hits you wrong in front of all those people. that anxiety is what holds me back now from tripping again.

wish me well, peepls. i gotta go back in.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWingnutt
Stranger

Re: preflight anxiety [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #9382047 - 12/07/08 12:11 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Go for it man, just make sure your head is in a good place.  Think good thoughts and smoke lots of pot.

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Re: preflight anxiety [Re: Wingnutt]
    #9382315 - 12/07/08 01:01 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

pot no good for me, but thanks.

part of the anxiety is logistical. i'm not at a place in my life where i can just shut off all responsibilities for 6 hours or so, not without lots of planning, which only makes it that much harder to enter in the right set.

InvisibleHumbolt
Grasshopper

Loc: New Zealand
Re: preflight anxiety [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #9382804 - 12/07/08 02:22 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Do you meditate?  If not, now would be a good time to start.  Then when you have your next trip, you'll be a lot more prepared for it. 

You say that you haven't felt yourself since the last trip; how could you feel anything but yourself?  The mind is a powerful tool, but you're working against yourself by saying that you've lost control of your mind.

Go into your next trip with the intention to face head-on the issues that came up for you last time.  Confront them and accept them for what they are.  Accept all the facets of your personality and continue to work on the things you want to change.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience