Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Autoclave, Potato Dextrose, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineProdijal_Son
slowmaster

Loc: derby city
Horribly Needed Information ...
    #938155 - 10/07/02 01:29 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

What is the most potent and can produce a good return? potent and grows well? what does it grow best in. i'd like to try rye berries, or grain, in myco bags and transfer to a straw substrate.

--------------------
The times are good. The living is easy. The vibes are zingy.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Horribly Needed Information ... [Re: Prodijal_Son]
    #938172 - 10/07/02 01:34 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It all depends upon how experienced you are. But among the different cubes, I've heard that equadors are favorites. Shit just pick a strain and find out for yourself, why are you in such a rush? Aren't you rasta guys supposed to be chill? Good Luck.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#938378 - 10/07/02 02:28 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Pan Cyans are considerable more potent than cubensis and aren't much harder to grow.

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #938414 - 10/07/02 02:43 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

For ease & bulk, I would suggest EQ, isolated on PDA, then wedge transfers to sterilized grain or bird seed in quart or half gallon jars (or autoclave bags), then G2G transfers (under sterile conditions) to increase the amount of spawn. Then, when those colonize, spawn that into large amounts of pasturized horse or cow dung, with a 20% spawn to substrate ratio & later (after fully colonized) cased with 50/50+, grown under optimal temp & humidty conditions.

If you can handle that?

6T :tongue: 

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

OfflineNeonBlack
enthusiast
    #938476 - 10/07/02 10:30 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I agree with Tango on this one.. Isolations will help but are not necessary if you do not feel confident in your agar skills yet.  Eq's are pretty easy to work with.  I would say go with spawn bags innoculated with spore syringes for the time being unless you really need some serious bulk.  In that case I would suggest going with the agar, jars, and grain to grain transfers as Tango suggested. Alternatively, you could just use some liquid culture media to expand the volume of innoculate and just do a lot of bags.  When I used bags I sealed them with an iron before sterilization because I felt that keeping them open was just asking for trouble once you took them out.  That rules out grain to grain transfers though.  But like I said, you could use some liquid culture like honey water to get over that obstacle.  I found bags the easiest things to work with because they allowed me to fit a lot of grain in and mix the substrate up a whole lot easier than jars ever did.  As for the bulk substrate, I used the scotts 3n1 which worked well.  I never tried straw.  Using that method you should be able to squeeze several dry ounces out of a turkey roasting pan sized casing.  Good luck in whatever you decide.  :smile: 

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
    #938685 - 10/07/02 07:42 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

There's a chart at:http://ralphstersspores.com/
It's at the very bottom.
If your wondering about potency, look at this thread:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/favlinker.php?Cat=&Entry=8982&F_Board=Forum1&Thread=900202&partnumber=&postmarker=

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: Horribly Needed Information ... [Re: NeonBlack]
    #938735 - 10/07/02 08:09 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yo NeonBlack,

The tough thing about any liquid culture of myc to use as an innoc, is that if it is not done & made in an almost perfectly sterile enviro?  Any form of nutrient broth seems to be a contam magnet :frown:.

One tiny unseen contam in any liquid culture of myc usualy transfers that same contam to everything you innoc it into. Resulting in all ones "eggs" being in one basket. If the innoc was tainted, every egg in the basket will be, also.

So, if the liquid culture is not perfect :grin:. The result is considerable consternation, time & effort wasted & back to square one. At least that has been the raccoons experiance. Yours may differ.

The raccoon grew out several one quart liquid myc cultures. A few were perfect. A few were absolute diasters :crazy:, all though they looked perfect, they were not, or some contam weasled in -- somewhere along the line -- undetected. Because everything they were innoc'ed into went bad.

So, they are an all or nothing venture. The raccoon prefers better odds :smirk:.

6T :tongue: 

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Autoclave, Potato Dextrose, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation