Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinereite
journeyman
Re: Dennis McKenna live chat ***DATE*** [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #897562 - 09/21/02 02:04 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hi,

My question is:

Where do you see the legal status of Marijuana, Mescaline, Psilocybin, and Salvia in: 5, 10, and 20 years in the United States?

Thank you,

reite

--------------------
Imagine, your having a great day...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineREPLICON_TRON
there is nospoon
    #899417 - 09/22/02 02:11 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hearing your brother on the Art Bell show for the first time really impacted my life. It even impacted Art Bell's life.. but I just want to say that I have turned my attention towards Terence whenever I have had difficult moments in life...in fact one time I thought I wasnt going to make it while sampling a strong dose ..( the types of dosages Terence recommended) ...and I centered all my consciousness around Terence and the thought of him made me so happy that I was able to ride out the apocalyptic cognitive hallucinations I was experiencing.....

I know that a lot of us listen to Terence's voice by downloading from filesharing programs like Kaza....ect....I think this is important because Terence sort of talked about the internet in an abstract sense ...and I think it is appropriate to preserve his presence on it ...I leave as many files as I can find on my computer so others can experience the penetrating power of Terence....My question is ...is there anything you can do to put more recorded material out there.....that is files that would be available under a filesharing search, " Terence McKenna....."some of us are able to face tremendous obstacles by the light and encouragement preserved within the tonality of his voice.......lastly I just want you to know that the shroomery has a spirit that is unllike any other mycological forum on the internet
and I would like to emphasize that I think that spirit rests with this site because we need it the most ...we are the ones taking the risks.....a lot of us can not afford the time and money required to go to college and have the opportunity to study mycology under the shield of legality.....and mycological technique is evolving at and ever-increasing pace because of the novel appearance of virtual and interactive depositories of information that reveal themselves in the form of The Shroomery.

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
Re: Dennis McKenna live chat ***DATE*** [Re: REPLICON_TRON]
    #899430 - 09/22/02 02:16 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

and mycological technique is evolving at and ever-increasing pace because of the novel appearance of virtual and interactive depositories of information that reveal themselves in the form of The Shroomery.

WOW, that is the coolest thing I have read for a while!
Thanx for posting a question.

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

OfflineMeneerCactus
Ex Operator FSRE
 User Gallery
Loc: The Low Lands
    #916489 - 09/29/02 07:02 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

High DreaMatrix,

A few questions from my side (for the chat):
1. How do you see love and do you think humans are suited for 1 to 1 relations?
2. How do you see Peace? Does it only excist because of the opposits excist?
3. If you are in Holland would you come around and drink, eat and chat some with my wife and me?
4. I have big troubles to bring the synch under words. I know it is around all the time, and sometimes I can make use of it. But I can not seem to get a real grip on it. Do you encounter the synch? And how do you interact with it???
5. Did you know about the FSRE  :wink:

Are we allowed to enter the chat anyway or is it allready filled with the happy few?????

--------------------
"Millions of years of evolution just to .... light up a joint"

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dennis McKenna live chat ***DATE*** [Re: MeneerCactus]
    #922929 - 10/01/02 02:25 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Everybody is allowed to the chat Eric.

Only 3 weeks to go until we make this happen.

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: Dennis McKenna live chat ***DATE*** [Re: Learyfan]
    #930888 - 10/04/02 02:24 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i dont think ill be around that day.
but was denis also into drugs and talking to elves?
and for that matter. whats the point of his visit?
to chat with internet sluts about drugs? or about his brother?
i mean, i cant think of an intelligent question for a man ive never heard of, he may be terrance mckennas bro,
but for all we know his thing might be kites, or furrys, or chicks n' horses. wait, thats my thing, what am i saying?

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dennis McKenna live chat ***DATE*** [Re: Mitchnast]
    #931029 - 10/04/02 03:12 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

and for that matter. whats the point of his visit?
to chat with internet sluts about drugs?

Perhaps your right, maybe I was naive to think that a site with over 16,000 members, some maybe interested in chatting with a man who has spent most of his academic career researching tryptamines.
I thought this core member of M.A.P.S. could share his knowledge and guidance with us, I was wrong in assuming you might be interested.

So, lets get back to what you think we are about, posting pics of innane subject, the PF tek and the ultimate question in the psilocybin ingesters agenda, 'where is the best place to store a spore syringe'

Excuse me for trying, thanks for pointing out my misdirection.
I can email Dennis any question I may have.

Good luck on your quest, whatever it may be.

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
    #933837 - 10/05/02 02:46 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

sorry, i speant the night grinding up tryptamines and i think it adled my mind.
i thought i was being cute, i know i know, hes cool.

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#936042 - 10/06/02 04:32 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i have 3 Qs...

Q: Are there new Entheogens yet to be discovered?
...Have any already been discovered but not made known to the general public?

Q: Have new organic sources of DMT been discovered recently?

Q: What adivice could you give an artist who is working to manifest the Psychedelic Vision?

somtin like dat...

Offlinemachineelf368
self-transforming

Loc: in the mountains, awaitin...
    #937608 - 10/06/02 08:07 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i am very excited about this upcoming chat. i have tons of questions, but the most important ones go something like this, in order of most importance:

With 2012 coming ever closer, what are your thoughts on human future in general and the collapse of the 'timewave one' function in particular? Are we all doomed?

Also, I seem to be the only one who is bothered by the fact that DMT is illegal to possess and produce in this and most countries, yet we are all doing these very things right now in our own brains. Why hasn't the blatent silliness of this law been challenged in some court somewhere? I'm not going to have to it all by myself am I?

Finally, do you have any experience with Dr. John C. Lilly and/or his flotation tanks? Have you personally experienced the Restricted Environmental Stimulation his tanks provide? If not, then I highly recommend a few hours of sensory deprivation. The state is extremely conducive to inner exploration, more so than all the LSD and ketamine Lilly ever did all put together. It's really something unique.

-m

--------------------
(the above was deciphered from phi (~1.62) using an advanced alphanumeric conversion algorhythm and should not be perceived as meaningful.)

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Dennis McKenna live chat ***DATE*** [Re: paddo]
    #937727 - 10/06/02 08:37 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Where could i just sit and watch the typing and questions and answers. Can you also post the copyed chat with him, on shroomery?

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineJust a Punk
Shithawk

Loc: Canada
    #942805 - 10/08/02 12:15 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

My question:

Do you think tryptamine based psychedelic drugs like psilocybin, LSD and DMT have any use in the field of psychiatry? Why or why not? Do you feel that the failure of psychedelics in the 50's and 60's treatment centres was a result of the drugs, or because of the environment and manner in which they were administered?

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
:B

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #943631 - 10/08/02 05:24 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I have a similar question.

Q: Speaking from a biochemical stance, do you feel that ergoline psychedelics like LSD carry a greater risk to psychiatric patients with psychotic disorders than "truer" tryptamines like AMT, DPT, DMT? Or is the opposite possible, that LSD's basis in ergoline could provide a potential homeopathic treatment that can slow or even cure psychosis?

Q: Fractal imagery is mathmatical, and fractal patterns are often used to predict events within closed systems. Fractal imagery is a common theme with LSD. Some say, though, that LSD's fractal edge doesn't stop at visual hallucinations, rather it can govern all perception. Perception of sound, touch, taste, smell, even thought. Assuming the universe is the only truly closed system we are aware of, could LSD's perceptual state be a numerological link to a greater understanding of our place in reality?

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
    #951431 - 10/10/02 10:00 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Dreamatrix... its 2 weeks till the chat. Do we have the names of who is gonna be there with voice?

Kykeon
athens, greece

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #954458 - 10/12/02 03:03 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleHappyLeftist
EX-Druggie
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: ]
    #960206 - 10/14/02 04:16 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineShaftula

Re: Dennis McKenna live chat ***DATE*** [Re: HappyLeftist]
    #967298 - 10/16/02 08:48 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

All of the information this guy is going to give you, you could find 10x over by just browsing sites/forums. And if you want to know his opinion just because HE is HIM, then that is sad, because he is no better than any of us, so you shouldnt feel 'privilaged' cause you get a response from him. I'm not trying to be negative here, and I am aware of his vast knoweldge of ethneogens, but unless you actually get to converse with him and ask him more than one question, I doubt you will take much from the experience, except maybe the novelty of having Dennis McKenna 'talk' to you. I personally would'nt put this on my 'to do' list. If you have any questions about plants, why dont you just talk to CptMaxMushroom? He knows more than most ever will, and will answer more than one question for you. I am simply stating my opinion, not trying to change others'. But for all of you participating in the chat, I hope you get your questions answers and have fun. Happy shroomin, Shaft

--------------------
Free Raymond

OfflineoDin
Re: Dennis McKenna live chat ***DATE*** [Re: Middleman]
    #967968 - 10/17/02 01:20 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

maybe just say thank you from many of us....for everything

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #974984 - 10/19/02 02:57 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Ok here's my question I thought of. Not sure if any of this has already been asked. If they are just let me know and they'll be crossed off my list  :smirk:

Q: Do you think it coincidence that very complex chemicals, which can affect human conciousness to such a profound degree, exist in nature? Or do you think there is some "reason" for these chemicals existing in nature?

Q: If I may as a personal question...what has been your greatest, most profound I guess, experience with psychedelics?

Q: Do you think that psychedelics will ever become an accepted part of our (Western) society? 

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Re: Dennis McKenna live chat ***DATE*** [Re: trendal]
    #976446 - 10/20/02 06:54 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

What type of format is the chat going to be in? I'm wondering if it's just going to be a forum where everyone asks ?s...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom