Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblearp180
student of life
 User Gallery

Loc: Macondo
Organic Brown Rice Syrup for lc?
    #9375917 - 12/05/08 09:35 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Has anyone tried this before for an lc?  It's like karo, but made with brown rice instead of corn.  There are no other ingredients in it, except for the BR.

When I made the lc i was disappointed, because of the cloudy appearance of the water, due to the syrup color, or starch, or whatever.  I almost decided not to inoculate it with spores because it would be hard to tell if it had contamed due to the fact it was already cloudy.  However I did.  It has been about 7 days, and it's hard to see what is going in there. But when I agitate, there are 3 or 4 cotton ball size of something that move around(hoping mycelium).  No matter how hard i swirl, these stay intact.  I doubt if the syrup is a good substitute for a first time lc maker because you can't see what is going on.  I have yet to try a test jar, but i was curious if anyone had tried this before.    The White balls in there are kinda like this ( a previous lc, that worked fine)

But dense, dense.  I really don't think it's mycelium.  Any suggestions?

--------------------
"Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain."  William Faulkner

"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
-A quote from the Judge in the novel Blood Meridian; or the Evening Redness in the West by Cormac McCarthy

"Let there be light" My Quick Reference Guide to Lighting
My AutoMono (11oz First Flush)
My Monster Mushroom Mono (9.3oz First Flush)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

Re: Organic Brown Rice Syrup for lc? [Re: arp180]
    #9375979 - 12/05/08 09:43 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I have something similar to this.  I'd like to know what it is as well...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale