Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejellybrain
shroomer
Male

overlayed, hard, mycelium question
    #9372588 - 12/05/08 01:34 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I have a jar that I birthed, BRF style, I dunked and rolled it, then went on vacation for 4 days, it had no light or heat during those days ....(I had no choice) now, it is back under the flourescent, in the chamber, high humidity, good temps....BUT! it is overlayed and hard as a rock, water will not penetrate it, it has grown 3 small, hard, shrooms (probably aborts) that had actual roots attached to them?? (not a hallucination)...has anyone ever heard of mycelium turning hard or shrooms with roots...the mycelium is healthy and has no bad smells, so i hate to throw it away..should I put it in the blender and maybe put a casing layer on it, its not contamed in any way, its just that there is no way to get water to the inside of this chunk...i could take a picture and let you see what im saying...what would you do with something like that and has anyone ever heard of this condition?...jelly b.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Trusted Cultivator
Re: overlayed, hard, mycelium question [Re: jellybrain]
    #9372638 - 12/05/08 01:40 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Is it really light? I mean like a cork when you throw it into the water? I'd seriously consider redunking it. Just because you don't see the water penetrating it doesn't mean that the mycelium can't absorb it. It shouldn't behave like a sponge in the first place. How does it smell? Still shroomy and myceliumlike? Then it's most likely not too late. Not after 4 days anyways. The problem is, if it was sitting out in the open and it was rather cool, the cake will most likely have been exposed to very low RH. Just try it. Dunk for 24 and see if you can revive it. If not, toss it and start over. It's just a BRF cake.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Edited by German Kahuna (12/05/08 01:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag