Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Paul Stamets, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Myco-pee??
    #936639 - 10/06/02 04:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone have considerable secretion of this yellow liquid after colonization about 90%? Is it healthy to have in there for mycellium??

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebowling-name
sleuth

Loc: Mirror in the Sky
Re: Myco-pee?? [Re: socratesmind]
    #936733 - 10/06/02 04:56 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Lower your temps a little and you won't encounter this problem so much. This stuff also occurs when the jars start to overcolonize, but this doesn't sound like your problem. These 'mycopee' metabolites are loved by certain bacteria, but this doesn't necessarily mean your jars will contaminate.

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #936906 - 10/06/02 05:56 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yup, plenty of times w/dung substrates. I think the myc is just sqeeezing out some excess liquid. No harm or foul, if it is not excessive.

A fully colonized grain jar, left setting in 75 to 85 F temps, long after it is fully colonized also seems to squeeze out a lot of moisture from the grain or seed.

They are still good to go.

6T.

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Re: Myco-pee?? [Re: SixTango]
    #937428 - 10/06/02 09:20 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I read something in TMC about it should i untape the holes to let more co2 get in there to combat this? The jar is close to full colonization around 90% and i flipped em which i guess also reduces the myco pee as it seeps into the dry verm layer? still have some wet spots on bottom of jar though but not near as much as i had. Also moved into cooler temps like higher 70s.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

#938988 - 10/07/02 09:33 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Still got droplets too.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Paul Stamets, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation