Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Athiest propaganda
    #9361943 - 12/03/08 09:27 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Anyone else notice how there is atheist propaganda popping up places? It kind of disturbs me because even though I am atheist myself, its pushing beliefs on other people, which i dont agree with... It is comparable to seeing propaganda saying "the only god is the christian god" or some shit. Kind of elitist IMO...

Atheist bus advert in UK

there is also something slamming religions next to a nativity scene in the washington state capitol building.

anyone else think the atheists should stick to themselves?

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
Re: Athiest propaganda [Re: Green_T]
    #9361952 - 12/03/08 09:29 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Atheism is just as bad as Christianity. None of them seem to understand that. :nonono:

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

OfflineDrunkenAttempt
Chemically Inclined
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nova Scotia, CANADA
    #9361955 - 12/03/08 09:30 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I agree 100% Atheist should not become an organized religion like the rest of the.

--------------------

Nature is my God, Science is my religion.

Offlinedoom876
Stranger

#9361961 - 12/03/08 09:31 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Heh, faith(as opposed to experiancing something divine) comes off as ignorant to me. I can't say I'm "atheist", but compaired to those bible toters I'd say they are infinately less...retarded. That's the word, faith=retarded. It's like me saying there are pink gorillas in Mexico, and you just nodding your head"yes suprime overloard, whatever you saaay."

--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#9361995 - 12/03/08 09:38 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i get really tired of egomaniacal atheists. i'm a science major, believe me i know lots of them, and they think they have all the shit in the universe figured out. but the one glaring fallacy is that atheism takes a leap of faith in itself, since there is no method of testing a hypothesis about a "god" or creator in a religious sense, there is no way of proving one way or the other the existence or non-existence of god. so, atheism = faith. religion = faith. its all the same.

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Re: Athiest propaganda [Re: Hendostan]
    #9362015 - 12/03/08 09:42 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting point. I believe that in general an atheist belief system is more flexible because the sense of what is right or wrong isnt found in old books.

Speaking of which, few people piss me off more than young earth creationists.

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
Re: Athiest propaganda [Re: doom876]
    #9362043 - 12/03/08 09:46 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

doom876 said:
Heh, faith(as opposed to experiancing something divine) comes off as ignorant to me. I can't say I'm "atheist", but compaired to those bible toters I'd say they are infinately less...retarded. That's the word, faith=retarded. It's like me saying there are pink gorillas in Mexico, and you just nodding your head"yes suprime overloard, whatever you saaay."

There's plenty of faith in Atheism.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Offlinedoom876
Stranger

#9362046 - 12/03/08 09:46 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:
i get really tired of egomaniacal atheists. i'm a science major, believe me i know lots of them, and they think they have all the shit in the universe figured out. but the one glaring fallacy is that atheism takes a leap of faith in itself, since there is no method of testing a hypothesis about a "god" or creator in a religious sense, there is no way of proving one way or the other the existence or non-existence of god. so, atheism = faith. religion = faith. its all the same.

Atheism has one leg to stand on, logic and science. Though imperfect, it's better then "the Bible says it" reasoning.

--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#9362059 - 12/03/08 09:48 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

green_titan said:
Speaking of which, few people piss me off more than young earth creationists.

yes, there are few people in the world less reasonable and less intelligent

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

#9362070 - 12/03/08 09:49 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I could care less what they do.

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

InvisibleDieCommie

#9362087 - 12/03/08 09:51 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

doom876 said:
Atheism has one leg to stand on, logic and science. Though imperfect, it's better then "the Bible says it" reasoning.

But logic and science dont support athiest ideals...

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#9362095 - 12/03/08 09:52 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

doom876 said:

that's not true. atheism claims to have the answer to metaphysical questions, such as 'is there a god'? even though science is not equipped to explore those questions. so if you claim to be an atheist, while science might contribute to that belief, it isn't able to verify your beliefs

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Re: Athiest propaganda [Re: awesomebastard]
    #9362109 - 12/03/08 09:53 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I care because they are giving atheists a bad name. spreading that propaganda just breeds resentment and intensifies what is already there.

EDIT: atheism allows for logic and reasoning, where it often conflicts with religious ideas. For a long time the church imprisoned people for saying we had a heliocentric solar system.

Any atheist that claims they KNOW there isn't a god is full of shit. they can believe it, but thats about it.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

InvisibleDieCommie

#9362125 - 12/03/08 09:54 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Scientific theories do contradict bible myths, but denying a religion is not equivalent to accepting atheism.

Offlinedoom876
Stranger

#9362153 - 12/03/08 09:58 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:
Quote:

doom876 said:

that's not true. atheism claims to have the answer to metaphysical questions, such as 'is there a god'? even though science is not equipped to explore those questions. so if you claim to be an atheist, while science might contribute to that belief, it isn't able to verify your beliefs

I said I'm not an atheist if you read my post. Atheism means you don't follow a theocratic belief like Christianity. You can not follow those and still have a spiritual side of some sort. There are levels, as there are with Christians I'd think to some extent. I'm more Agnostic and searching for reason
By the way, religion has caused alot of shit(ask Galalaio and the people at the Salem Witch Trials). Fuck it, even if Atheism is just as faith filled, it hasn't been on the giving end of an Inquasition.
Yeah, people did it, but religion was a catalist.

--------------------

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9362182 - 12/03/08 10:03 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

militant atheism is awesome.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#9362207 - 12/03/08 10:06 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

doom876 said:
Fuck it, even if Atheism is just as faith filled, it hasn't been on the giving end of an Inquasition.

Were you asleep during the 20 century?  Nearly all the large scale war and oppression done in those hundred years were done by atheists or at least secularists.

Militant atheism, as mentioned above, has killed and oppressed many millions of people.

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: Athiest propaganda [Re: DieCommie]
    #9362214 - 12/03/08 10:07 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

ya?

Even if thats true so has everything else so who cares?

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Athiest propaganda [Re: awesomebastard]
    #9362229 - 12/03/08 10:09 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

It means one shouldn't point to religion as a scapegoat for oppression, and one shouldn't delude themselves into thinking atheism is always benign (as it appeared he did).

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: Athiest propaganda [Re: DieCommie]
    #9362249 - 12/03/08 10:11 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Point taken.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom