Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBennyProfane
Alcoholic Pseudointellectual
Male

What is safe to take with an MAOI?
    #9354464 - 12/02/08 09:15 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

So my little sister's birthday is coming up and we plan on tripping all day on as many substances as possible.  The first substance we plan on doing is DMT in the oral pharmahuasca sense.  Doing a crude extraction using everclear and MHRB.  MAOI will be syrian rue.

I don't want any posts on how I should get some caapri or anything like that, we have the MHRB and syrian rue, thats what we are using.

My question is what other hallucinogens are safe to take with MAOIs.  I have some san pedro but I heard mescaline is unsafe to take with MAOIs.

From what I know, shrooms and LSD are safe, so we may try to sniff some out.

Any advice?

--------------------
All of my posts are completely fictional.  I post info and pics stolen from other sources because I wan't to appear to be cool to others.

Pity makes suffering contagious - Nietzsche

Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously! - Nietzsche

Convictions are more dangerous to the truth than lies - Nietzsche

There was only one Christian, and he died on the cross for his own sins - Nietzsche

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: What is safe to take with an MAOI? [Re: BennyProfane]
    #9354521 - 12/02/08 09:22 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

one not pick one combination with a high dose?

A heavy dose of shrooms and rue will keep you high all day.:sunny:

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What is safe to take with an MAOI? [Re: sandman_130]
    #9354553 - 12/02/08 09:27 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

An MAOI should not be used in conjunction with MDMA, if you wanna know why pm me.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineBennyProfane
Male

Re: What is safe to take with an MAOI? [Re: sandman_130]
    #9354588 - 12/02/08 09:32 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sandman_130 said:
one not pick one combination with a high dose?

A heavy dose of shrooms and rue will keep you high all day.:sunny:

We are defintely doing pharmahuasca, just cause neither of us has ever done it before.  I'm thinking of trying to pick up some shrooms as well, cause from what I know they are safe with the rue.

We want to do a combination of hallucinogens because again, neither of us has ever did a combo.

We want to make this a special, extremely trippy birthday.

--------------------
All of my posts are completely fictional.  I post info and pics stolen from other sources because I wan't to appear to be cool to others.

Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously! - Nietzsche

There was only one Christian, and he died on the cross for his own sins - Nietzsche

OfflineBennyProfane
Male

Re: What is safe to take with an MAOI? [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9354631 - 12/02/08 09:38 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
An MAOI should not be used in conjunction with MDMA, if you wanna know why pm me.

I wasn't planning on it, the MDMA scene is pretty dead around my area right now.  Has it got anything to do with seretonin syndrome?

--------------------

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #9354641 - 12/02/08 09:39 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I don't believe so,

I think it's much worse if you combine the two,

but I'm not sure.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9354685 - 12/02/08 09:45 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

After MDMA depletes serotonin the reuptake transporters are left vacant and exposed. When this happens dopamine enters the transporter and gets taken up into the serotonin axon, where it isn't supposed to be. Studies have shown that dopamine itself is toxic to serotonin cells. Then MAO breaks it down into hydrogen peroxide, which is also toxic to the cell.  So if you are using an MAOInhibitor the dopamine cannot be broken down and it is bad for the brain cell.

--------------------

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #9354716 - 12/02/08 09:49 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

See,

I was sort of right, I think :smile:

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #9354750 - 12/02/08 09:53 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Shrooms and Rue is very powerful - Dmt is activated in the mushrooms.

I would just brew some Syrian rue/Mush tea and combine with your other DMT.

Syrian rue and mushrooms can keep you high until you physical cant stay awake any longer.

Although I highly recommend experiencing different psychedelics for the first time without combination. Get to know the drug you are using, and just buy enough to have more when you want more.

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

Edited by sandman_130 (12/02/08 10:09 PM)

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What is safe to take with an MAOI? [Re: pfxtc]
    #9354776 - 12/02/08 09:57 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

If you do take an MAOI with a psychedelic LSD, Psilocybin, DMT you should be safe, but the effects of it will cause the trip to be more intense and could be longer.  Because you don't have MAO enzyme in the axon to break down serotonin.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate