Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

Cycle of Shroomy Happenings...
    #934634 - 10/05/02 01:48 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

When I heard that I was getting shrooms for the first time, I was so excited.  My friend and I had done alot of research on shrooms, reading sites like these and tons of trip reports, and we knew all about the spiritual connections that mushroom trips seemed to have.  We were extremely excited and couldn't wait.

Our first trip was insane - great but not totally enjoyable.  After we woke up the next morning (we had tripped into the night and fallen asleep after we were pretty far down) mushrooms had sprouted up in my yard.  I thought "Wow!  That must be a sign".

It was then that me and my friend started joking about how the mushroom goddess had put them there just to remind us of what she had given us.  Then my friend joked how I should set up an altar to the mushroom goddess - well, I did.  I took one of the caps of the mushrooms that had grown on my lawn, decorated it with markers (yeah, kinda cheap) and surrounded it with candles, and put this stuffed mushroom toy I had in back of it.  From then on, this was my "altar to the mushroom goddess". :smile:

Then I got into the habit of lighting the candles and saying a prayer to Her before and after each trip, and I even had a sense of communicating with her on my last trip.

Well its been about a month or two since my last trip, and no more shrooms were available around here.  Then the other day, I hit a pheasant with my car (big beautiful birds that are pretty rare in my area) and thought "oh I'll have to pay my respects to this bird at the altar..." and when I went home, I lit my candles and said a prayer for the bird.

It was the next day that I received a call - more shrooms were available!

Well to wrap it up - it just seems that the more respect I give to the mushrooms and nature, the more good luck I have with mushrooms.  It seems that the respect I've had for them has, by karma, come back to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: Cycle of Shroomy Happenings... [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #934672 - 10/05/02 02:09 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

mushrooms sprouted in a big circle in my yard after the first time i tripped too, haha, i thought the same thing, "its a sign,"  thats some crazy shit :shocked: 

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #934681 - 10/05/02 02:15 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

nice! i have an altar, too... and in fact there are 2 ceramic and one wooden mushroom among the things i keep... i have 6 HUGE white church-candles... my incense and incense burning tools (charcoal, clamps, and so on) the altar is not dedicated to a god or goddess alone... it honors everything... i have buddha statue, and a cross to pay respect to 2 of the greates teachers our planet has had... i have pictures of various animals who's spirit have been with me a long time, and which whom i identify with... and i have a few spiritual tools, such as a dorje, a pendulum, aura-soma bottles... and so on... and under the altar i have a GREAT meditation tool... a didgeridoo... well actually 3 of them...  :grin:
and yes... giving your respect and your love to nature and your surroundings definitely brings good karma... and im glad you are able to communicate to the shroom goddess... what did she tell you?

--------------------

OfflineCleverName

Re: Cycle of Shroomy Happenings... [Re: In(di)go]
    #934687 - 10/05/02 02:20 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

wow, i dont do all of that, but tell me, does it really make it that much better for real?

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Re: Cycle of Shroomy Happenings... [Re: CleverName]
    #934693 - 10/05/02 02:23 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

it's not like a magic wand with which i can acomplish everything... but every tool provides aid for certain situations... it's good to have them around... and although i don't need them, they are pretty useful indeed...

--------------------

Edited by Lozt Soul (10/05/02 02:23 PM)

OfflineCleverName

#934741 - 10/05/02 02:41 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

you live in germany?

--------------------

this is the purpose

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

#935288 - 10/05/02 08:26 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

yup that's right... southern germany  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #935423 - 10/05/02 09:35 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Most people that acquire mushrooms do so without trying or needing to connect mysterious dots.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#935426 - 10/05/02 09:36 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Do you truly believe that they would not have sprouted without your tripping? Mushrooms sprout all over the world without waiting for a human.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: Cycle of Shroomy Happenings... [Re: Swami]
    #935581 - 10/05/02 10:47 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Perhaps you refuse to see the synchronicity of such an event, which is what I believe is being conveyed here without the term. Synchronicitiy is a newfangled word of Jungian origin, but the concept has been around for millennia in various cultures. Jung, with the contributing work of Richard Wilhelm (translator of the I Ching) based the concept of synchronicity - 'an acausal connecting principle' - on the workings of the I Ching, but other cultures relegate the same phenomenology to omens or miracles, depending upon the conceptualizer's degree of understanding.

The co-extensive nature of psyche and space-time was to be laid out by Jung and physicist Wolfgang Pauli, but Jung died. The correlation between inner subjective states, and outer objective events in a non-causal Way is all about the mutual interaction of mind and matter. The occurance of mushrooms sprouting, the tripping event, and the awareness that links the two is further enveloped by a higher principle which contains all three aspects. The fact of sprouting mushrooms, the trip, and the awareness of the connections are not isolated, independent events. These types of occasions have been my 'manna from heaven' for decades now. There is every good reason to regard synchronicities with a sense of the 'numinous' - with awe and a sense of the religious. You obviously haven't read 'Sychronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle' by C.G. Jung, but I Highly recommend it. It might actually help to heal that rift you have between psyche and spirit (insofar as bibliotherapy can help).

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (10/05/02 10:48 PM)

InvisibleCheeba
the shroomyqueen

Loc: atop my secret mountain
Re: Cycle of Shroomy Happenings... [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #935618 - 10/05/02 10:55 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

LOL!
Believing in nothing is believing in something. We ALL need SOMETHING to cling too.

--------------------
Carpe Diem <*))))><
Theres one sweet whirld out there!!
Now remember, you are unique! Just like everybody else!

OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

Loc: Here.
    #935677 - 10/05/02 11:19 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Lozt Soul, did you enjoy Living Buddha, Living Christ?

--------------------
Those who know do not speak.
Those who speak do not know.

OfflineWildLASER
Infinity In AGrain Of Salt

#935686 - 10/05/02 11:25 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well said Mark...

I find myself saying many a day, including today,
"The universe seeks synchronicity"
Maybe it is our minds that do so, but we percieve the universe through them...

--------------------
,'~Þ

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#935814 - 10/06/02 12:15 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

She didn't tell me anything, I just felt that I could feel her presence, and I just thanked her for the wonderful trip she was giving me.

I need to get a new candle for my mini-altar, the last ones are burnt down. :frown: 

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#935912 - 10/06/02 01:37 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Shroomy synchronicity eh? Well, when I was just starting to get interested in trying mushrooms, a friend of a friend came down for a visit with a rather large bag of them, and offered to share before I'd even mentioned that I was interested.  I instantly felt very comfortable and trusting around him and the pieces seemed to fall together for my ineveitable experience.

Before this time  I also saw a small mushroom growing in my backyard, that a friend ripped out of the ground and threw away :mad: I doubt it was a psilocybe but the symbolism still manages to anger me, the thoughtless destruction of a being that has every right to live in the atmosphere it worked to grow in simply because "its better if its not here, it could be poisonous, the dog might eat it." If's and maybe's have done far to much damage to this planet already.

Offlinechemkid
Be excellent toeach other

Loc: Between a rock and a hard...
    #935914 - 10/06/02 01:40 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You could take a million random events that happened at the same moment and try to link them. Does this mean that their synchronicity is related? One time when I was tripping I saw a falling star........are they related? Come on now. People can see what they want and make any two unrelated events seem to be related.

I just heard a loud crash outside as I am writing this reply to you....there is obviously some portentous significance in that. Better watch out Markos you are dooooooommmmmed. :blush:

P.S. thanks for the recommendation on the book. I will probably take you up on it. 

--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Cycle of Shroomy Happenings... [Re: chemkid]
    #935935 - 10/06/02 01:55 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well, not all is necessarily connected but there are many things that happen that are beyond coincidence, actually i don't believe in coincidence. Things happen simultaneously that don't necessarily have anything to do with each other, but some things are just to wierd to not have anything to do with each other.

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

Re: Cycle of Shroomy Happenings... [Re: chemkid]
    #935940 - 10/06/02 02:00 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

True, any 2 events can be made to seem as if they are related, but you still can't prove that they aren't related  :grin:  All depends on your point of view i suppose.  If ya think it's cool to see a mushroom growin before a trip what's the harm in keeping that fact in mind if it'll make your trip more enjoyable/meaningful?  :laugh: 

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Cycle of Shroomy Happenings... [Re: Llamanose]
    #935987 - 10/06/02 02:55 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

No harm in superstition? Sorry, but there are thousands of examples to counter that. As I have explained previously, I knew one of the people that committed suicide at Rancho San Marguerita that believed the arrival of a comet hid a Mothership behind it and was a sign to go join it.

A brain was designed to ACTUALLY be used. Seeing causality where there is none is either indicative of ignorance or mental illness.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (10/06/02 02:57 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#935991 - 10/06/02 02:57 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Perhaps you refuse to see the synchronicity of such an event,

Perhaps you refuse to see a pattern-recognition engine (the human brain) straining to find a pattern where there is none.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder