Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: A PDF Maker [Re: arainbow]
    #9442516 - 12/16/08 08:53 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, like I said, I'm aware of the problems with adobe for my uses, but I've also stated part of the reason I use it.  Did you mean that using acrobat to view pdf's is like halling out an optics lab?  I agree, but that's kind of why I'm unhappy with it.

Is open office able to provide print-to virtual printer things for non-open office programs?  Can you create PDFs from other files in it?  Can you edit or create PDF's in it? Can you view pdf's in browser using it?

Since I doubt, but would be presently surprised to learn, that open office can replace the functionalities of the spreadsheet-type programs I need, it wouldn't really be a good substitution for me at the moment even if it can create and edit PDF's.  If it allows you to print to PDF from other programs though, that would be great.

Other solutions are welcome.  Really a good pdf virtual printer thing that doesn't watermark or anything would be a nice replacement for much of what I use adobe for, and if I could find an in-browser pdf viewer I could just disable adobe file associations entirely (and browser plugins).

So x-change can allow in-browser (firefox 3) viewing of pdf's?  I might give that a try and disable acrobat for that if it works good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSheerTerror
ST
Male

Re: A PDF Maker [Re: johnm214]
    #9442522 - 12/16/08 08:54 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

yea its good, cnet gave it 5 stars, its real popular

Invisiblearainbow
Hippy

Loc: Palnet Earth
    #9442683 - 12/16/08 09:29 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
yeah, like I said, I'm aware of the problems with adobe for my uses, but I've also stated part of the reason I use it.  Did you mean that using acrobat to view pdf's is like halling out an optics lab?

no I meant open office
Quote:

I agree, but that's kind of why I'm unhappy with it.

Is open office able to provide print-to virtual printer things for non-open office programs?  Can you create PDFs from other files in it?  Can you edit or create PDF's in it? Can you view pdf's in browser using it?

it's an office suite yes to all but the browser plugin vitual printer would be print to file yes
Quote:

Since I doubt, but would be presently surprised to learn, that open office can replace the functionalities of the spreadsheet-type programs I need, it wouldn't really be a good substitution for me at the moment even if it can create and edit PDF's.  If it allows you to print to PDF from other programs though, that would be great.

first you would have to import them then save as yes
Quote:

Other solutions are welcome.  Really a good pdf virtual printer thing that doesn't watermark or anything would be a nice replacement for much of what I use adobe for, and if I could find an in-browser pdf viewer I could just disable adobe file associations entirely (and browser plugins).

So x-change can allow in-browser (firefox 3) viewing of pdf's?  I might give that a try and disable acrobat for that if it works good.

--------------------
There is more joy in heaven over one of us perfected,
  than over ninety-nine naturally evolved angels.

Edited by arainbow (12/16/08 09:31 AM)

InvisibleReverseOsmosis
Stranger

#9443387 - 12/16/08 12:21 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
The meer fact that you cannot use reader when acrobat is installed is pretty much the upmost of stupidity.  And I don't even know what they call the two programs, they seem to try to confuse people as much as they can by changing the names all the time.

Not true at all. I used Adobe Professional 7.0 from a torrent. IT worked fine. once it was done I was able to see the pdf when it was done. It didn't take much time for me at least. An hour at the most.

InvisibleReverseOsmosis
Stranger

Re: A PDF Maker [Re: ReverseOsmosis]
    #9443415 - 12/16/08 12:25 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I just want a workable NOT SLOW PDF maker like nitro professional PDF...that shit was great. IMO really slow. Adobe Professional 7.0 worked fine for me...Even after entering the validation key it still only gave me a 30 day trial.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #9443431 - 12/16/08 12:28 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

What I meant is that you can't use adobe reader as your in-browser viewer when you have acrobat installed cuz adobe is retarded.  Their help forums were filled with other strange problems with the two pieces of software fucking up.

InvisibleReverseOsmosis
Stranger

#9446791 - 12/16/08 09:54 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Can someone give ma link of Open Office. I don't want to get the wrong one and waste an hour downloading on my slow ass PC.

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
    #9451108 - 12/17/08 05:02 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.openoffice.org/

the second row, the little arrow one.

peace

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder