Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemycochip
Loc: AZ
Slow goin colonization on horse poo
    #934995 - 10/05/02 07:13 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Greetings one and all!!  I HAVE A SAD LITTLE TALE TO TELL,  APPROX. 3 :confused:2 days ago my pet chipmunk pasturized some dried horse shit, 160 deg. for about 1 and a 1/2 hrs and put it in a colander to drain overnite on the kitchen counter.  In the morning i thought it was still too wet so i took it  ,still in the pillowcase all tied up and shit, and put it in the back yard on a table to dry some more.
To make a long story short i left it outthere for a bout five days,some unforseen stuff happened at work ,got too busy too even eat ,see what im sayin?  When i finally got to put in some fully colonized Pes Hawaiians 1 and a half Pints of very white and fluffy Mycelium on birdseed, it was kinda dry but not too dry.  My question is why after3 weeks of being in a garbage bag ,loosely drawn at the neck, and put in a boxand the n covered with a blanket, I only have about six or seven big Silver dollar sized dollops of fluffy mycelium??? Shouldnt it have ripped thru the horse shit by now ??? Where did i go wrong?  Should i have used more spawn?  Is it too late to save??  Someone please help rescue my little project Please and Thank You

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Slow goin colonization on horse poo [Re: mycochip]
    #935339 - 10/05/02 10:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Some possibilities:
1) you cooked your poo for too long, killing both the helpful and harmful microbes, you should pasturize for about 40 minutes.

2) you have an unseen contam, but after three weeks I think it would have shown.

3) your poo wasn't leeched before you pasturized which leads to higher level of amonia (sp) because of urine.

4) I have no clue and I'm retarded so you shouldn't listen to me.

1-3 can be fixed in your next attempt. 4 is a different story. Good luck.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation