Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Anyone ever survive a long weed t-break and is it worth it?
    #8621510 - 07/11/08 11:57 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Ive been wondering if I need a tolerance break from the great ganja. Ive been smoking for a long time, but for the past year I havent gone more than a week sober. I crave the highs I used to get when I wasnt smoking weed daily and using lsd a few days ago gave me a stronger appreciation for weed. Anyway Im wondering if tolerance breaks really are worth it?

Will my old school highs come back?

On the other side of my argument with myself is that maybe old school highs are something you experience when you are new to weed thus a tolerance break being a waste of time and aggresion.

I love being able to have that psycedelic way of thinking and enjoying life I get from smoking marijuana 1-3 times a day.

What do you guys think? Anyone here smoke weed only on occasion?

Also another thing that has been bugging me is how the two dealers that deal where I live always cheat on weight so anytime I buy from them in the future Ill have to call them out with my scale but its fucking annoying having to play this game when  getting the beautiful herb. Maybe I should take a tolerance break until I get enough money to buy like an ounce so I can weigh one order out and not have to do that constantly.

thanks in advance for advice and ideas.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Anyone ever survive a long weed t-break and is it worth it? [Re: skatealex2]
    #8621517 - 07/11/08 12:00 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Honestly, if you're smoking that much and have been for awhile, I'd suggest an extended break. Not necessarily for tolerance, but to prevent burnout. Not burnout in the sense of becoming perma fried, but burnout in the sense that you're going to abuse weed to death sooner or later if you keep that up. If you keep that level of use up, sooner or later pot is just going to make you anxious and dysphoric and panicky. It happens to people all the time. Try to take a few months off for  the sake of continuing to enjoy pot for years to come.

--------------------

OfflineForce Ten
Home Will Always Be Here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Elation Station Flag
Re: Anyone ever survive a long weed t-break and is it worth it? [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8621595 - 07/11/08 12:22 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

tolerance breaks are definitely worth it, as long as you don't just go back to smoking daily again. I find I enjoy weed a lot more if I smoke very ~3 days. rather than 3 times every day. You'll probably be a lot less tired too.

--------------------

So hear this please
And watch as your heart speeds up endlessly
And look for the stars as the sun goes down
Each breath that you take has a thunderous sound
Everything, everything's magic

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Anyone ever survive a long weed t-break and is it worth it? [Re: skatealex2]
    #8621691 - 07/11/08 12:45 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

If you don't think you can survive a break from smoking weed, you should take a break from smoking weed. And it has nothing to do with tolerance everything to do with teaching yourself about contentment and the source of your own happiness in every day life.

Plus, when you go back to smoking weed, it'll be that much better.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Anyone ever survive a long weed t-break and is it worth it? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8621710 - 07/11/08 12:49 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, weed should be something you choose to do to have a great time, not something you do continuously just cause that's "what you do."  And yes, your tolerance will go down  dramatically.  It won't be like when you first started smoking, but you'll still get blazed as shit.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone ever survive a long weed t-break and is it worth it? [Re: g00ru]
    #8621734 - 07/11/08 12:54 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I think after sunday (because I have a concert to go to- The Breeders, Kim Deal from The Pixies) I will make an attempt to stop smoking weed for a few days. I have taken a week long tolerance break twice this year but never longer. 

I think tolerance is the most confusing part of being a stoner cause its so easy to just light a bowl when you're feeling bored, down or even happy. ...............

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
    #8621999 - 07/11/08 01:53 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

If you're serious about it you might need more than a few days.  Just go for like three weeks, it'll be worth it.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

InvisibleGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: 585/843
Re: Anyone ever survive a long weed t-break and is it worth it? [Re: g00ru]
    #8622038 - 07/11/08 02:02 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yea i went from smokin 5g a day to not smokin at all for about 7 months,  its straight i can smoke small amounts again to get ripped.  Really I think the tolerance is gone after about a month

--------------------

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone ever survive a long weed t-break and is it worth it? [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #8622198 - 07/11/08 02:48 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

After a month long break from the ganj, it took me ages to build up that tolerance again. But when I smoked again, fuck me was it ever powerful.

I never smoke much though. Just a little bowl or two in the evenings (or three bowls if it's ropey) every odd day.

--------------------

OfflineGoldenCapAttack
Psilocybin Dumpster Divin'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mush Mountain
Re: Anyone ever survive a long weed t-break and is it worth it? [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #8622467 - 07/11/08 03:52 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Shit i know.
I dont go for more then a week with out smoking.
It has just become a daily thing.
I smoke like 2-8 bowls a day maybe more if somethings goin on or im seeing a movie.
I used to get hella high too, like i would get some mild patterns and shit then i started to become a stoner lol.

--------------------
My Lysergic Masterpeice

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone ever survive a long weed t-break and is it worth it? [Re: GoldenCapAttack]
    #9346538 - 12/01/08 07:17 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Tommorow is day 14 of my tolerance break which is going just fine.  I may keep this up for another week or 3 (really not sure, but am considering waiting until I finish college finals).  I am wondering what weed will be like after this break. I have never gone this long and I picked up a quarter of really nice sour diesels.  I hope that old school euphoria comes back..... :psychsplit:  :sunny:

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9346623 - 12/01/08 07:29 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I'm thinking of taking a break soon, but I dunno. It's so easy to put it off one more day. So far I've done that for about 5 weeks.

I've taken a few tolerance breaks before, my longest being just under 4 weeks (3 weeks, 4 days). I was pretty disappointed after that break to be honest which is largely why I'm discouraged from doing it again. I got much higher the first couple times but within 3-5 days (smoking once or twice a day as I had before) I was right back where I was before.

Offlinekrosmo67
rider
Male User Gallery

Loc: Norcal
Re: Anyone ever survive a long weed t-break and is it worth it? [Re: krypto2000]
    #9347056 - 12/01/08 08:17 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I smoke about 4 times on a busy day, have been at this tempo for about 6-8 months im guessing. The only negative thing I've noticed from it is that I've been needing to smoke more ..n more.. n MORE as the months pass. I smoke way too much now per session that I'm gonna have to take a break purely to save money haha.

but lemme tell you something, I don't think burning out or permafry (lol) due to weed is a possibility. I get up every morning at 5 am and blaze the fuck and go to work. It helps me easy my thoughts, motivates me to work (believe it or not..maybe cuz it makes work more enjoyable), and like some people I'm perfectly sociable or more so when I'm high.

After work, I like to skate, BMX, and from time to time get dirty on a dirt bike if im lucky. And I usually blaze up before those events that I love so dearly..when 'unda da influence' of weed while doing these activities, you guessed it, I'm more suitied for the situation. I'm not saying weeds like superjuice that makes me do tricks or 'stunts' I wasnt able to do before, but it allows me to relax my thoughts (again) and focus on the matter at hand that really..matters! HAVING FUN!

To all the skaters out there that share this with me.. don't you love how when skating high everything becomes so intrepid with detail when you're really into it (like any other activity) and you actually realize your mistakes with more ease and are able to improve because you dont get as frustrated? fuckin love weed im sorry

--------------------
“If you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out” - Timothy Leary

"The being of understanding is to not understand" - T.C.

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone ever survive a long weed t-break and is it worth it? [Re: krosmo67]
    #9347804 - 12/01/08 09:49 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

skating blazed can be a great experience with some sativa strains. But I have more energy when I am sober. 

I think when I board blazed it is great for creativity cause I kind of think beyond the board and I am a very obscure type of skater, I am into mostly flatland type of tricks and those are good for blazing I think .  And as for having fun, blazing defiantly helps with that part of sk8ing too!!

~~ on topic of tolerance I have one friend who took a month long break and told me the next time he smoked he had one of those slow motion old school type of highs and another friend that said he had an insane high too when he smoked after abstaining for awhile.

I guess I will find out for myself soon enough what a tolerance break can do, I hope it's good tho!!! I also am not gonna get back to daily use, I think I will keep it to once every few days to keep my tolerance leveled

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany Flag
    #9347822 - 12/01/08 09:51 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I haven't smoked in about a month now. Quit cold-turkey after years of constant use. It really wasn't that hard, I just ran out of home-grown and decided I didn't want to spend all my money anymore (at least until I get a job).

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds