Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: Common Themes in the "Psychedelic Experience" [Re: D LYS3RG1C]
    #9343377 - 12/01/08 11:30 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

D LYS3RG1C said:
Quote:

it stars saddam said:
Why do you feel that it is that certain hallucinations and thought processes are so frequently reported by users of psychedelic drugs, despite vastly different personal histories?  One common example would be the hallucination of blood.  The first time I ever took LSD, I was standing under my deck smoking a cigarette because it was raining outdoors, and suddenly, in what some might call a "peak," I started hallucinating that it was blood that was raining from the sky and that it was forming in pools around my feet.  Blood has been a recurring theme in every one of my psychedelic experiences since, though I no longer find it frightening.  In his autobiography, The Long Hard Road Out of Hell, Marilyn Manson describes experiencing this exact same hallucination (raining blood) during his first acid trip, and I had not read the book until after I had tripped several times.  I've also read numerous trip reports on erowid describing the hallucination of blood.

This is just one of many examples, however.  I've heard several different people describe hallucinations of insects, usually spiders, as well as the sensation that insects are crawling all over their body or in their hair.  Also, the feeling that one is participating in a reenactment of the "hero's journey" has been reported by numerous subjects, even in the early days of psychedelic experimentation.

What are your thoughts as to why this phenomenon occurs?

I only take LSD nowadays, but I've had fucking gnarly mushroom trips before, to the point where I could not think a thought or even talk.
What is odd is that I've never had straight hallucinations (meaning something that is not really there) with LSD. Sure reality would seem distorted, but I would never see objects that aren't really there such as insects and whatnot. I would not call the trip an unreality at all, I would call it a new reality. My trips consist of a lot of intense geometry and complex thought patterns that seem to fold back on themselves.

I think the reason that certain 'hallucinations'(I don't like that word) and thought processes occur is because we are of the same species. Our brains are wired basically the same. There are people who have their brains wired differently, they are called synesthetes . They experience constant synesthesia. But acid trips unlock more than just synesthesia.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but when people say they see the hair on their arms like spiders, etc. etc. - it's not that they are seeing something that isn't there. The hair is there, it just imitates that of a spider to their mind. With raining blood... it's raining, but their mind is changing the color of the rain... which reminds them of blood. My first mushroom trip the grass turned blue to me. Things were still there... just different. I didn't see pink elephants and flying monkeys.... But I did see clowns that were in the picture frames waving at me and smiling (there actually were pictures of clowns).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLSDXM
What Doth Life?
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The 518
Re: Common Themes in the "Psychedelic Experience" [Re: Platinum]
    #9343419 - 12/01/08 11:37 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

word

--------------------

The number of times I edit my post is directly related to the number of times I've hit the bong :bonghit2:

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: Common Themes in the "Psychedelic Experience" [Re: LSDXM]
    #9343442 - 12/01/08 11:41 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

word :thumbup:

OfflineLSDXM
What Doth Life?
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The 518
Re: Common Themes in the "Psychedelic Experience" [Re: Platinum]
    #9343459 - 12/01/08 11:44 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I mean it's never like convincing spiders ya know
It just spirals in such a manner that they seem to be millions of bodies of them growing/moving in sync, and the closest thing with that kind of body is a spider

I'm sure if I ate more acid it's plausible that the simple visual of leg-hairs could become much more convincing, but I dunno.

I'd rather not look at my leg hair if I was on that much acid.

--------------------

The number of times I edit my post is directly related to the number of times I've hit the bong :bonghit2:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Common Themes in the "Psychedelic Experience" [Re: LSDXM]
    #9343685 - 12/01/08 12:19 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

If you're looking to see things that truly aren't there, deliriants are your friend.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Common Themes in the "Psychedelic Experience" [Re: deCypher]
    #9343944 - 12/01/08 01:04 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Aargh, that picture again. :eek:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlinehockeyplyr1057
Music Lover
Male

Re: Common Themes in the "Psychedelic Experience" [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #9345254 - 12/01/08 04:20 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

that picture is really fucked up

--------------------
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. -Gandalf

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
    #9345281 - 12/01/08 04:25 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Love it.  Where does one find pictures of this nature?

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Common Themes in the "Psychedelic Experience" [Re: it stars saddam]
    #9345292 - 12/01/08 04:26 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I have oodles of 'em, scattered from far corners of the Internet.

I can rapidshare my collection if anyone wants.

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Common Themes in the "Psychedelic Experience" [Re: Mr Cyan]
    #9345369 - 12/01/08 04:38 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mr Cyan said:
Native American motifs, etc. seem to be a part of many peoples experiences. Though I do not think this is coincidental, because I always see "Aztec" art patterns from 2C-E, LSD, etc. This is no coincidence, because the Aztecs were inspired by these patterns from their own use of mushrooms, in their culture.

Psilocybin + Amanita i saw ancient mexican civilization faces in the rock face i was camping at.  I was pointing them out to a fellow tripper and then he started seeing them, they were all shifting and moving and appearing and disappearing.  I thought it was just cuz i was in the sonoran desert about 40 miles from mexico, but i guess other people have gotten these images before too.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

#9345395 - 12/01/08 04:43 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
I can rapidshare my collection if anyone wants.

I would appreciate it.  That picture is the best thing that I've seen in awhile.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9345401 - 12/01/08 04:44 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Check my gallery folder "things that go bump in the night."

--------------------

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

#9345505 - 12/01/08 05:00 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Very nice.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #9345520 - 12/01/08 05:03 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

it stars saddam said:
Why do you feel that it is that certain hallucinations and thought processes are so frequently reported by users of psychedelic drugs, despite vastly different personal histories?  One common example would be the hallucination of blood.  The first time I ever took LSD, I was standing under my deck smoking a cigarette because it was raining outdoors, and suddenly, in what some might call a "peak," I started hallucinating that it was blood that was raining from the sky and that it was forming in pools around my feet.  Blood has been a recurring theme in every one of my psychedelic experiences since, though I no longer find it frightening.  In his autobiography, The Long Hard Road Out of Hell, Marilyn Manson describes experiencing this exact same hallucination (raining blood) during his first acid trip, and I had not read the book until after I had tripped several times.  I've also read numerous trip reports on erowid describing the hallucination of blood.

This is just one of many examples, however.  I've heard several different people describe hallucinations of insects, usually spiders, as well as the sensation that insects are crawling all over their body or in their hair.  Also, the feeling that one is participating in a reenactment of the "hero's journey" has been reported by numerous subjects, even in the early days of psychedelic experimentation.

What are your thoughts as to why this phenomenon occurs?

If you own a Volvo you see them everywhere. Ever ask yourself what you and MM might have in common? Like a world view for instance.

I have never seen blood in hundreds of voyages. :shrug:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Re: Common Themes in the "Psychedelic Experience" [Re: Icelander]
    #9345573 - 12/01/08 05:12 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
If you own a Volvo you see them everywhere.

You've noticed this as well?  I recently got a new car, a type that I had never really taken much notice of before, and even on the way home from the dealership I started seeing them everywhere, in the same color even.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale