Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Is it a surprise the Chargers blow again?
    #9312354 - 11/25/08 05:30 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

It's the chargers we're all familiar with.

Everything slowly went downhill when the Ryan Leaf-Drafting idiots decided to fire the one coach who built their team from crap.

I'm still trying to figure out how going with Norv Turner was to the benetfit of the team...

It's nice that for once, all my overzealous Charger fan friends back home are quiet. 

Just when one of them tried to rag on my steelers. 

"Teams with a winning record, please raise your hand".

No more talks of how they're going to win their first super bowl.  No more comparisons of LT to Barry Sanders.  No more verbal fellacio for Antonio Cromartie.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Is it a surprise the Chargers blow again? [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #9313701 - 11/25/08 09:12 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

What about the verbal fellacio of Antonio Gates?  :puke:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Invisiblemr.bixby
Routine waxes cold
Male

Loc: The West is the Best
Re: Is it a surprise the Chargers blow again? [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #9317020 - 11/26/08 01:53 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Whoever in the Chargers organization who came up with firing Marty (way too conservative but still a decent coach in my opinion) with the great black hole of suck Norv Turner should be fired.
I didn't get it and I still don't of why they thought Turner would be an improvement over Marty.  But at least the Broncos are benefiting from it.  Maybe they will get a touchdown in the the playoffs and have a 35-10 score or thereabouts, it's best just to forget about the AFC West this year and hope for a good draft pick if your a Chargers fan, and that Merriweather gets healthy for next year if that is even possible.

--------------------
finality [faɪˈnælɪtɪ]
n pl -ties
1. the condition or quality of being final or settled; conclusiveness.
2. a final or conclusive act

Long live the Shroomery and I'm done with it.:toast:

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Is it a surprise the Chargers blow again? [Re: mr.bixby]
    #9317958 - 11/26/08 04:50 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mr.bixby said:
Whoever in the Chargers organization who came up with firing Marty (way too conservative but still a decent coach in my opinion) with the great black hole of suck Norv Turner should be fired.
I didn't get it and I still don't of why they thought Turner would be an improvement over Marty. 

I really had no qualms with the chargers.  I rooted for them during the superbowl against the niners.  I was always a huge Seau aand Natrone Means fan.

But then they fired Marty.  My boy Marty from the Chief's glory days.

And that's when i really began hating the chargers. 

Look what he did with that team.  It's not like LT or Brees were drafted before his time.  It was HIM as a COACH who took what was there, and created an explosive team with a fierce defense, swarming pass rush, and vaunted running game.

He took them to 14-2 after several agonizing losing seasons.

And as the story goes, he choked too much during the playoffs. 

In his two playoff losses with the chargers, one was against the eventual champions.

The other was due to a rookie kicker's choke on a 40 yarder.

I hate the Chargers for the exact same reason I hate Dan Snyder and the Redskins.  Because they represent everything that's wrong with sports.

You don't buy championships or just fix things with a quick hire and fire.  Marty is one of the greatest coaches of all time, and many of the best to ever coach/players the game have NEVER won a super bowl.

Rember that they fired him because of his friction with the manager AJ Smith.  But AJ smith is nothing but a talking suit.  What great achievements has AJ smith made in this league?

They fired Marty on the basis that he couldn't keep together his coaching staff, despite guys like Wade Philips and Cam Cameron going on to seek oppurtunities as head coaches.

They were citisizing his intent on bringing his family members in to coach under him.

Now look.

Brian Schottenheimer is partially responsible for reviving the Jet's Offense as they're coordinator.

And Kurt Schottenheimer built the Packer's secondary out of nothing.

I garuntee that if Marty was still the chargers coach, they would still be top contenders, and the upside that was the '06 season would most likely have continued for them.  Cuz he fucking built that team.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
    #9321322 - 11/27/08 09:15 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I almost wish I didnt agree with you but only because you're a Steelers fan.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Invisiblemr.bixby
Routine waxes cold
Male

Loc: The West is the Best
    #9321669 - 11/27/08 11:11 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:

I really had no qualms with the chargers.  I rooted for them during the superbowl against the niners.  I was always a huge Seau aand Natrone Means fan.

But then they fired Marty.  My boy Marty from the Chief's glory days.

And that's when i really began hating the chargers. 

Look what he did with that team.  It's not like LT or Brees were drafted before his time.  It was HIM as a COACH who took what was there, and created an explosive team with a fierce defense, swarming pass rush, and vaunted running game.

He took them to 14-2 after several agonizing losing seasons.

And as the story goes, he choked too much during the playoffs. 

In his two playoff losses with the chargers, one was against the eventual champions.

The other was due to a rookie kicker's choke on a 40 yarder.

I hate the Chargers for the exact same reason I hate Dan Snyder and the Redskins.  Because they represent everything that's wrong with sports.

You don't buy championships or just fix things with a quick hire and fire.  Marty is one of the greatest coaches of all time, and many of the best to ever coach/players the game have NEVER won a super bowl.

Rember that they fired him because of his friction with the manager AJ Smith.  But AJ smith is nothing but a talking suit.  What great achievements has AJ smith made in this league?

They fired Marty on the basis that he couldn't keep together his coaching staff, despite guys like Wade Philips and Cam Cameron going on to seek oppurtunities as head coaches.

They were citisizing his intent on bringing his family members in to coach under him.

Now look.

Brian Schottenheimer is partially responsible for reviving the Jet's Offense as they're coordinator.

And Kurt Schottenheimer built the Packer's secondary out of nothing.

I garuntee that if Marty was still the chargers coach, they would still be top contenders, and the upside that was the '06 season would most likely have continued for them.  Cuz he fucking built that team.

Yep, yep, and yep.  :ohwell:  It will be interesting to watch if Turner makes it out of this year, or is fired at the end of the season and who they bring in and if they can turn it around.  And if Merriweather can ever be healthy again, if he comes back strong and LT is healthy they could make the playoffs next year.
Most people hate Dan Snyder because of how he runs things but the Chargers are small market enough that nationally they don't get as much attention as the Skins going on's.

--------------------
finality [faɪˈnælɪtɪ]
n pl -ties
1. the condition or quality of being final or settled; conclusiveness.
2. a final or conclusive act

Long live the Shroomery and I'm done with it.:toast:

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Re: Is it a surprise the Chargers blow again? [Re: mr.bixby]
    #9338963 - 11/30/08 05:40 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hey look at that, 4-8... I almost hope we lose out for the sake of a decent draft pick. We could use a RB or at least a QB competition.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Is it a surprise the Chargers blow again? [Re: AaronEvil]
    #9338985 - 11/30/08 05:44 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

That's the Charger spirit!

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #9339017 - 11/30/08 05:48 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

What happened to LT?

He says he's fine, but he really has to be injured, right?

I know when NFL RBs lose it, they lose it fast.  But he just fell off a cliff as far as production goes...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Is it a surprise the Chargers blow again? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #9339052 - 11/30/08 05:53 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, big toes can be a BITCH.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#9339074 - 11/30/08 05:56 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Is that what he has, is turf toe or something?  Or is his toe broken?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Is it a surprise the Chargers blow again? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #9339118 - 11/30/08 06:01 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I believe it's just been turf toe.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#9339128 - 11/30/08 06:03 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Okay, now what the fuck is turf toe?

--------------------

f n o r d
Male User Gallery

#9339144 - 11/30/08 06:05 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Turf toe is named from the injury being associated with playing sports on rigid surfaces such as artificial turf[3] and is a fairly common injury among professional American football players. Often, the injury occurs when someone or something falls on the back of the calf while that leg's knee and tips of the toes are touching the ground. The toe is hyperextended and thus the joint is injured. Additionally, athletic shoes with very flexible soles combined with cleats that "grab" the turf will cause overextension of the big toe. This can occur on the lesser toes as well.

A variation of "turf" toe can also happen when the nail bed is forced into the cuticle and swelling with isolated pain may occur.

--------------------

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#9340800 - 11/30/08 10:23 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

AaronEvil said:
Hey look at that, 4-8... I almost hope we lose out for the sake of a decent draft pick. We could use a RB or at least a QB competition.

QB and RB are the LEAST of their worries...

how about the entire defense?

--------------------

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

#9342654 - 12/01/08 08:44 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Our defense actually played well considering they were on the field for about 40 minutes of that game.

Scratch the QB/RB thing, we need an O-Line that can block. They also need to work on Hesters blocking. I havent seen that many muffs in a long time... or perhaps ever :frown:

--------------------

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#9343008 - 12/01/08 10:15 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

awww don't worry

they need a damn pass defense.  They haven't had a good pass defense since....

since forever basically.

draft a solid corner in the 1st this year, get a  good early draft pick, maybe another OL...or another ILB....

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1