Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethe MidWay
Loc: earth
Re: Greatest trip album EVER!!!
    #93393 - 05/23/00 03:24 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

yeah LSD, Radiohead is great... Forest For The Trees opened for them on a leg of the OK computer tour, i hear it was a great show... the last album from TOOL, "AENIMA" is anything but comfortable, but comfort is Death! best Groked with DMT or Ketamine, this album is a catalyst for change through the confrontation and acceptance of the false self... M.J.Keenan's eschatonic thoughtforms are an analog to the apocalypse of the ego and the birth of SELF!!! www.deoxy.org/omega.htm

aut non tentaris, aut perfice!!!
~soundmind

[This message has been edited by the MidWay (edited May 23, 2000).]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#93394 - 05/30/00 04:34 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Tool Aenima is a great album to trip too but i dont understand why everyone only mentions THAT album....i love all three of the albums. when im tripping i like to put them in order in my cd player and blow my mind all the way through the cds. Opiate starts your trip out on this highly energetic ride to the moon then undertow starts and it just changes your whole trip makes it mellow out just a bit but its the perfect mix between trippy and hard then Aenima comes on and it fllors you with its vibe...fuckin amazing shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MAYNARD YOU ARE A GOD!
wow i think i need to go listen to tool now hehehehehehehehe
peace

OfflineCrappy
enthusiast
    #93395 - 05/30/00 04:47 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Tool is awesome awesome awesome... every album, every song... especially Third Eye, PuShit, and Disgustipated.. and just to clear things up, Maynard is not the only member of Tool, there is also Adam, Justin, and Danny... and for anyone into Tool that hasn't already, check out Bill Hicks, truly an incredible man...

------------------
"...Prying open my third eye..."

- Tool

Anonymous

#93396 - 05/30/00 06:58 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

i know maynard isnt the only member but his voice and his lyrics just take you into another world.....but to clear it up there all beautifull musicains

Anonymous

#93397 - 05/31/00 04:14 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

may i suggest some ice cube. even tho im not a rap fan or anything im listenin to it now and it sounds really cool. i think we all should broaden our musical tastes.

peace

Anonymous

#93398 - 06/01/00 06:34 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

"Bentley Rhythm Ace - For your ears only" is pretty cool while trippin'!

OfflineBeastMaster
journeyman

Loc: Canada, Ontario, Toronto
    #93399 - 06/03/00 08:36 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

a good CD which i like is superstision 100. it's a mix between techno and house. it's very chilling and it will let your mind release and go off in thoughts. all you have to do is lose your eyes and your set.

------------------
BeastMaster

--------------------
"The Beast is here and he's going for the cake. Stop him!"

Anonymous

#93400 - 06/05/00 12:58 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

i honestly cannot believe that no-one here has mentioned the Future Sound Of London, people!! people!!!! have you not heard of them, esp. those who are into floyd, get dead cities, or lifeforms, NOW!!

------------------
"Occasionally I have dreams where I do nitrous, and just at the point where things go black and you feel like you're falling backwards, I wake up, and then I go back to sleep and its the comedown from the nitrous hit."

Anonymous

#93401 - 06/10/00 12:07 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Uhh... what about NIN?
They are the shit. Some of my best/wierdest trips had NIN as the soundtrack... I remember a certain thing I saw or thought because of a cool Nails song that was playing at the time....

------------------
"Life is just a bag of tricks!"....FTC

Anonymous

#93402 - 06/13/00 07:11 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

someone said:

>>tool is music made by trippers.. they even have a sound clip of this professor talking about how all the greatest music was made by people who were really fucking high...

He's not a professor. It's Bill Hicks, the greatest comedian(?), IMO.

NIN is pure evil.

[This message has been edited by Neuroglider (edited June 13, 2000).]

Anonymous

#93403 - 06/14/00 10:23 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

OK a concise list of some of the best tripping albums:
Pink Floyd - dark side of the moon, wish you were here, and the pulse live cd

Tool: yes all tool albums kick ass without a doubt

Future sound of london: dead cities is a great album, its mind blowing.

AK 1200: get anything by AK 1200, ESPECIALLY prepare for assult b/c tracks 8-14 are matrix-influenced (obviously, youll know if youve heard it) and trippy as fuck. this is only for fans of drum and bass/jungle.

Dieselboy: NOT THE FUCKING punk band. the dj. he makes drum and bass shit. and hes fucking awesome. make sure you get glowsticks with any dieselboy CD, especially high octane or system upgrade.

The Doors: anything is great

well tahts all that i know of, but im gonna try and check out some of these bands that you guys mantioned.

* smoke weed e-V-e-R-y-D-a-Y*

InvisibleFrozenHappiness
Professional Cereal Box

Loc: Nagoon Lagoon
    #93404 - 06/14/00 11:42 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

i just found a band called sparklehorse that sounds like a fun trip.

--------------------

Anonymous

#93405 - 06/16/00 09:12 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Goatrance/Psytrance is no joke. If you have not heard music from these genres, you may be missing the most seriously kick ass sound the world, dare I say UNIVERSE has to offer. But as with any genre, there is good music and bad music, so do your research before purchasing.

OfflineHatta
GodlessAnarchist

#93406 - 06/17/00 12:25 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, FSOL: lifeforms is excellent. Very alive, organic, transporting. Also Orbs Adventure's Beyond the Ultraworld, by the Orb is great.

Of course every Pink Floyd album ever is excellent, except maybe The Final Cut.

I love NIN, Trent is a genius. He's a master of auditory architecture, and moving, though often depressing, lyrics. But most of his music is a little edgy for me when tripping. A Warm Place off of the Downward Spiral shows promise that he could produce a great tripping album. His remix albums are a lot easier on the ears and psyche, particularly Fixed, The Perfect Drug single, and the remixes off of the Fragile.

Yeah, Perma, I too spend too much time with music of the past. That music has been tested by time, and so much of today's music is visionless, market oriented, pop. I haven't even heard any Tool. Radiohead either. The signal to noise ratio on radios is just so high, I don't bother to listen to them, so I don't hear when something great is made. But, I'm searching Gnutella now, and will be inducted shortly.

Hey, don't forget Phish! Their long jams, and swirling little mind dances are transporting even when sober. Split Open and Melt, indeed!

I'd love to hear more suggestions, if this is any sort of guide as to the type of music I like. I usually lean to the more gentle, especially when tripping.
-Hatta

Anonymous

#93407 - 06/17/00 03:28 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Grateful Dead Live Dead.
That would have to be my favorite.
Some days it's hard for me to pick a favorite, somedays I have no problem. Trouble is, my favorite changes often. Ten years ago I would have said Pink Floyd Saucerful of Secrets. I like the old Floyd better than post Darkside, but Animals is awesome and I can't remember if Meddle came out before or after, but I prefer that to the more radio friendly Floyd as well. Sometimes it's fun to listen to the Elevator Music station for kicks.

OfflineHatta
GodlessAnarchist

#93408 - 06/17/00 05:01 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Bea, Meddle was before Dark Side. I think it was Meddle, Obscured by Clouds, Dark Side.
You should chek out the Division Bell. New Floyd in old form.
-Hatta

Offlinethe MidWay
Loc: earth
    #93409 - 06/17/00 09:56 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

FOREST FOR THE TREES~FOREST FOR THE TREES~FOREST FOR THE TREES~FOREST FOR THE TREES~FOREST FOR THE TREES~FOREST FOR THE TREES~FOREST FOR THE TREES~FOREST FOR THE TREES~FOREST FOR THE TREES~FOREST FOR THE TREES~FOREST FOR THE TREES~FOREST FOR THE TREES~FOREST FOR THE TREES~FOREST FOR THE TREES~FOREST FOR THE TREES~FOREST FOR THE TREES~FOREST FOR THE TREES~FOREST FOR THE TREES~
WELCOME TO THE THIRD MILLENIUM!!!

Anonymous

#93410 - 06/18/00 12:45 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

White Zombie LaSexorcisto! Made for tripping by trippers. Also everything by Acid Bath. It's a bit hard to find but you'll cause the time you wasted not owning an Acid bath cd.

Anonymous

#93411 - 06/18/00 01:01 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

My favorite trip albums (in no particular order) are:
Pink Floyd - Meddle, an excellent album
that conveys a wide array of musical styles and emotions.
The Who - Tommy (ditto what I said above)
Radiohead - The Bends. No particular reason, just nice music.

I'll definately have to check out some of these dance/ambient/techno groups/dj's. They certainly seem to have a lot of fans here.

------------------
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream

OfflineDestroying Angel
enthusiast
    #93412 - 06/18/00 01:14 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Holy shoot Midway..."Dream" was a hit on the pop radio station a few years back...is that honestly tripping music? I always liked that song, kind of paradoxical :wink:

-Angel

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder