Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract, Amanita Muscaria, Amanita Pantherina, Amanita Tincture   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineflip3084
greenteajunkie4life
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: North Augusta, SC
Question about the some amanita species...
    #9333242 - 11/29/08 07:16 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I have a question concerning the pantherina species. I found some info on warriorsouls journal concerning this and other amanita species.. Is this true, and if so, is it really deadly??

--------------------

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelegallyhomeless
mooch
 User Gallery

Loc: EZRA for the Refuge
Re: Question about the some amanita species... [Re: flip3084]
    #9333297 - 11/29/08 07:26 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Most of the amanitas are. I almost drank tea one time made out of the death angel. Know before you consume.

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.

Download PSX ISOs

Offlineflip3084
greenteajunkie4life
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Question about the some amanita species... [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #9333311 - 11/29/08 07:30 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

This is the paragraph I am referring to

I think there is great potential for muscimol as a treatment for seasonal depression, anxiety, phobias, ADD, as a sleep aid, weight control and maybe even epilepsy.
It doesn't work for everyone; what drug does. One thing is clear, the history of the chemistry of Amanita muscaria demonstrates the tortuous path and halting progress of science.
The muscaria chemotaxonomic group of Amanitas  (muscaria, pantherina, cothurnata, gemmata, flavoconia, parcivolvata, strobiliformis, flavorubescens, frostiana, regalis, velatipes and more) contain no amatoxins or phallotoxins, and are not hepatoxic.

And here is the link

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/9189459/an/0/page/0

--------------------

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo

InvisibleAdoreChampignons
Mycophilic One

Loc: Seti Alpha 5
    #9336423 - 11/30/08 12:09 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

flip3084 said:
I have a question concerning the pantherina species. I found some info on warriorsouls journal concerning this and other amanita species.. Is this true, and if so, is it really deadly??

Yes, the Amanita genus carries several of the most deadly mushrooms.  It is so deadly that a professor from one of the local universities here wouldn't ever eat any of the edible varieties of Amanitas.  Even though he's competent at identifying which ones are edible and which one are not, there is always a slight chance of error because a few of the definitive macroscopic features are not always present.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a dumb question.  There are just curious people trying to learn something new. 

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #9340458 - 11/30/08 11:22 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

flip3084 said:

pantherina/muscaria are considered dangerous because of cases when people have ate them fresh, they have to be dried/cooked/heated to make them safe to consume.

I eat Amanita jacksonii all the time, its one of my favorite edible mushrooms but i do not recommend anybody who is new to hunting to try it or any amanita.

Muscaria are a good edible too if prepared properly.

If i were you i would stick to psilocybes, pans, and gymnopilus species.

pans and gyms can be found in the states where psilocybes do not grow in abundance but since your from GA like me you have tons of options:grin:

Edited by weiliiiiiii (11/30/08 11:24 PM)

Offline4 ho cultivar
Transcending plains
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central, Oregon {represen...
Re: Question about the some amanita species... [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #9341428 - 12/01/08 02:09 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

yah and watch out for worms in the wild one.. i know first hand :stars:

--------------------
:mushroom2::crazy2::mushroom2::crazy2::Patience be thy virtue:crazy2::mushroom2::crazy2::mushroom2:

Blurring the line between reality and dreams
Mr. Winkie says: "Procrastinators unite................................tommorrow!!:ganja:
G.Kahuna said: "Plus you get all the fun from taking a walk {and} shooting mycelium at cow droppings with a super soaker. Now beat that!":cuteshit:

Edited by 4 ho cultivar (12/01/08 02:10 AM)

Offlineflip3084
greenteajunkie4life
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Question about the some amanita species... [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #9342549 - 12/01/08 10:00 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

weiliiiiiii said:
Quote:

flip3084 said:

pantherina/muscaria are considered dangerous because of cases when people have ate them fresh, they have to be dried/cooked/heated to make them safe to consume.

I eat Amanita jacksonii all the time, its one of my favorite edible mushrooms but i do not recommend anybody who is new to hunting to try it or any amanita.

Muscaria are a good edible too if prepared properly.

If i were you i would stick to psilocybes, pans, and gymnopilus species.

pans and gyms can be found in the states where psilocybes do not grow in abundance but since your from GA like me you have tons of options:grin:

Very much appreciated... Yeah, now the trick is finding them. Did find some Ganoderma lucidum though. Excited about those.

--------------------

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo

Invisibleshroomophile
ShroomitusFidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #9345558 - 12/01/08 07:10 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I guess if your knowledgeable enough and like to bungee jump and swim with sharks,maybe Amanita is your thing.The vast majority of people have no bidness messing with Amanita,for one mistake can be deadly.

--------------------
Once the mighty oak,was a nut who held his ground.

Offlineflip3084
greenteajunkie4life
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Question about the some amanita species... [Re: shroomophile]
    #9345580 - 12/01/08 07:12 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I was referring to finding cubes and other actives in GA. I have had no successful hunts thus far.

--------------------

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Question about the some amanita species... [Re: AdoreChampignons]
    #9354879 - 12/03/08 12:10 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

It is so deadly that a professor from one of the local universities here wouldn't ever eat any of the edible varieties of Amanitas.  Even though he's competent at identifying which ones are edible and which one are not, there is always a slight chance of error because a few of the definitive macroscopic features are not always present.

:sissies:

Its true that one or two things can be the same, but there are so many differences between the edible and the deadly Amanitas that anyone who pays attention to all the signs would never be fooled.

Quote:

I guess if your knowledgeable enough and like to bungee jump and swim with sharks,maybe Amanita is your thing.The vast majority of people have no bidness messing with Amanita,for one mistake can be deadly.

You could say that about any wild mushroom though.  Its just as easy to mistake Amanita lanei for a death cap as it is to mistake a young shaggy mane for a death cap. 

Either you eat wild mushrooms or you don't, it doesn't make any sense to draw the line at the genus Amanita. 

Any edible wild mushroom is safe if you learn to properly ID it, and none of them are safe if you don't do the job properly.  The edible Amanitas are actually really easy to ID, they all have very noticeable macroscopic features that tell you what it is.  Its not like Inocybe or Psilocybe where you have to put it under a microscope to see which one it is. 

No one should eat any wild mushrooms unless they know exactly what they are.  Doesn't matter if its in Amanita or some other genus. 

Invisibleshroomophile
ShroomitusFidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Question about the some amanita species... [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9362613 - 12/04/08 01:03 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Galerina are nasty lil dudes too.I eat wild mushrooms,however i have a nice microscope.I ID each and everyone that goes into my body.

--------------------
Once the mighty oak,was a nut who held his ground.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract, Amanita Muscaria, Amanita Pantherina, Amanita Tincture   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils