Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecloudy
Peaceful Warrior
Loc: Upstate SC
Cloudy Here
    #932249 - 10/04/02 02:42 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hello everyone....first time poster here and newbie hunter.  I have been sitting back and reading for about a month and the first thing I HAVE to say is this place and ya'll suck :tongue: jk (i'll explain this further in a second).  I accidentlally found my way to the shoomery when I was doing a search of different kind of edible mushrooms that I could throw in the occasional recipe.  I found this site and basically didn't leave it for hours afterwards and have been coming back almost daily since to read, learn, check pictures, look at my finds....compare with pictures on this site, read more, check pictures, etc.

The reason this place sucks is now I dream about mushrooms (both active and in-active), mushroom hunting, and I can't get "the hunt" out of my mind, especially since it rained here in upsate SC a couple of weeks ago.  Mushrooms of all sorts and sizes were popping out of the ground after the recent rains.  I had never really noticed them until i visited this site and started "the hunt".  I honestly could care less about the "active" nature of some of these shrooms, but what has me fascinated is the elusiveness of them.....its kinda has this treasure hunting feel to it.  i should also point out that I do not know what I would do with an active shroom, even if I found one.  Its been over ten years since I ate anything psychadelic, so I don't know what I do with it  :confused: But that really doesn't matter, its "the hunt" that I'm enjoying.....i'll deal with what I do with the treasure later.

I have made many a field trips.  One was a pasture by my neighborhood.  Found several shrooms in the pasture, but they were not active....although I may head back up there this weekend because of a recent picture I saw on here that resembled something I ditched.  I have traveled through my neighborhood and a few others looking at the lawns and for anything that was popping it's head out of the ground, but I have not found anything tastey or active.  BUT I WILL!!  My goal is to find weilli....for some reason it is calling my name.....playing a game of hide and seek....yes it is.....my precious. 

Am I the only one who thinks that Lizard King is somehow using Photoshop to layer the same damn weilli's into different scenery????  :wink: Seriously, how in the heck does he do it????  Its gotta be like finding your first four-leaf clover.....once you find one.....you can spot one single four-leaf clover in the midst of a million three-leaf clovers.  Thanks LK!  I am using alot of what you have posted on here as a map to that stinky shroom.

Ok....i'll go away now and head back to my corner.  Thanks to everyone that contributes to this site...you have made my life hell the last month or so  :tongue:  i'll send ya'll the actives once i have found them.....cause after ten years I'd probably be seeing colors for weeks.  but first a couple of questions I can't seem to find anywhere.

1.  Will pastures contain active and non-actives.  Is it possible for a pasture to be almost entirely non-active with just a few actives?  What makes a pasture active???

2.  I will notice the blue bruising....right???  Even on the smaller shrooms?

3.  Anyone ever seen cubes and/or weilli's in upstate SC?  Or am I walking around pastures and neighborhoods in vane?  I guess its not in vane.....i need the exercise....and exercise is good cause it gives me something to do while smoking a marlboro.

take care everyone....peace,

Cloudy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Cloudy Here [Re: cloudy]
    #932316 - 10/04/02 03:03 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery! Glad to have ya around. It's good to see someone who is interested in non-actives as well. It seems that a lot of the people on the hunting forums are just in it for the cheap high, which bothers me because mycology can be interesting outside of just the actives. I can also relate to your idea of finding actives. Despite all the actives I've found, I don't use them... I normaly just give them to friends. You're right, it's like a treasure hunt.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, pastures contain both actives and nonactives. Up in SC, you're more likly to find nonactives then you are actives. The presence of active mushrooms depends on several things, those things being presense of the proper spores, and field conditions(humidity, temperature, etc). Contrary to popular belief, farmers do not feed cattle antifungal grain to stop mushrooms from growing... It's just a myth. Salt licks also do not affect the presense of mushrooms.

2. Not always. Not every active mushroom briuses blue(Pan subbs normaly don't). It also works the other way, not all mushrooms that briuse blue are active, in fact, some are toxic.

3. Cubes aren't all that common north of say... Atlanta, but the occasional one does pop up. Weilii are very elusive. I've just found my first patch last Sunday after about a year of searching. Their range is not yet known because they were not discovered untill 1995. As far as we know here at the Shroomery, they're only found in Georgia. They were originaly discovered in Cherokee County, which is up in north Georgia... so you may have a chance of finding them. Don't give up hope... It'd be spiffy if you found some weilii in SC.

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #932613 - 10/04/02 04:51 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Thats what happened when I first found the shroomery, I instantly set my goal to finding this elusive mushroom. I spent the entire summer looking for these babys, finally when fall came i started finding them, by the hundreds. So far ive collected over 1000 Weilii! If you work for it, I guarantee you will find some before the season is over. Good luck to you

OfflineCloudy482
"AttentionWhore"

Loc: Frederick, MD
    #932697 - 10/04/02 05:46 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
You stole my name, I'm cloudy!  :confused:
What am i gonna do now?

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Cloudy Here [Re: Cloudy482]
    #932701 - 10/04/02 05:47 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

whine and complain!
why start something new now? :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineCloudy482
"AttentionWhore"

Re: Cloudy Here [Re: blink]
    #932709 - 10/04/02 05:52 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

....what?

Invisiblecloudy
Peaceful Warrior
Re: Cloudy Here [Re: Gumby]
    #932722 - 10/04/02 05:59 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

thanks guys.  ya'll just reminded me of another question.

i'm trying to understand the whole atlanta and south finding area for some of these shrooms.  i live in anderson, sc about 90 or so miles north of atlanta.  just that short amount of distance makes that big of difference if the spores are out there?  i would think that if they are found in atlanta they would be found around my neck of the woods.  but what do i know?  but there are weilli here......feel it in my bones.  now, come out come out wherever you are! :tongue:

just went on a walk with the wife and kids around our neighborhood. the wife was giving me these strange looks when i picked a few shrooms to see what there were.  looking for edibles honey......looking for edibles......serious.
:blush:

Invisiblecloudy
Peaceful Warrior
    #932734 - 10/04/02 06:02 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

ahhh man....sorry!!! i'll commit username suicide....just say the word.

OfflineCloudy482
"AttentionWhore"

#932747 - 10/04/02 06:04 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hehe, would u mind? it could get confusing, plus I already posted my tits, u got a lot of catching up to do sweety!  :grin:
I'm just kidding!!

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
    #932766 - 10/04/02 06:11 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

yea lets see some boobies

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Invisiblesubterranean
Peaceful Warrior
Loc: on the road
just committed username suicide.... [Re: Cloudy482]
    #932772 - 10/04/02 06:14 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

reincarnated as subterranean....born/died/born again all in about 6 hours  :crazy:

cloudy482...ain't got a problem showing of my titties either :tongue:

--------------------
If you got one foot in yesterday
And one foot in tomorrow
You are pissin' all over today

OfflineCloudy482
"AttentionWhore"

Re: just committed username suicide.... [Re: subterranean]
    #932783 - 10/04/02 06:18 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well thanks

/cloudy482...ain't got a problem showing of my titties either

You'll fit in very nicely.  :smile:

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
    #932784 - 10/04/02 06:19 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

boobies dammit

--------------------

OfflineCHeeCHer
Silver searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: Chair
Re: just committed username suicide.... [Re: Dobie]
    #932925 - 10/04/02 07:28 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i concur dobie .................i think i was linked here on accident damni....................t evil people

--------------------
I'm like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Re: just committed username suicide.... [Re: CHeeCHer]
    #932934 - 10/04/02 07:33 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

hahaha i know i thought the link was for boobies

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #932957 - 10/04/02 07:43 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

That was nice of you to change your name :smile:

And yes, 90 miles does make a ton of difference. Really the point where cubes stop growing very abundantly is somewhere inbetween Atlanta and Macon. I live about 40 miles north of Atlanta and have never seen any cubies in the wild other than the ones that LK showed me. LK is the only one I know who's found cubes north of Atlanta.

As far as weilii go... Get out and look now! It's the perfect time. I just found around 30-40 more picture perfect weilii tonight... I left them there because I really have no use for them, and theres no use risking riding around with them in your car if you're not going to use them. Once you find weilii you'll never have trouble finding them agian, you get an idea of where they grow and the smell... the smell is just unmistakeable.

Good luck hunting. 

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: just committed username suicide.... [Re: Cloudy482]
    #933235 - 10/04/02 09:53 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Um this post has gotten off-topic. Show some boobies or can it :tongue:

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Re: just committed username suicide.... [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #933465 - 10/04/02 11:14 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

hahaha yea show some boobies or lock this bizzzitch

--------------------

OfflineTypingwords
Veteran Seasonal PNW Hunter
I'm a teapot

Loc: seattle-ish area, WA
Re: just committed username suicide.... [Re: Dobie]
    #933879 - 10/05/02 03:47 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

haha you guys are so hilarious, but quit pollutin up the thread (and forum) with your OTD shit, you're gonna scare this Cloudy--err i mean subbterrannean--person away.

ya bastards :grin:

Welcome sub,
well it sounds like you might consider giving those weilii a try, good for you!     

--------------------
everything everyone everywhere.
forever and ever

Invisiblesubterranean
Peaceful Warrior
Loc: on the road
Re: just committed username suicide.... [Re: Typingwords]
    #934153 - 10/05/02 09:19 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

scare me away???  impossible!

can't scare away a freak :cool:

--------------------
If you got one foot in yesterday
And one foot in tomorrow
You are pissin' all over today

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures