Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Expert feedback? My guide to Hunting Fly Agarics [Re: killuminati420]
    #13138581 - 09/02/10 01:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

fresher the better thats all hear say. mainly from newbs

i just got this to show

those to pickings just being a small fraction of what i have really collected

all of those were obviously eaten and not just by me i have turned practically every person i give them to into a lover of them cept a few that get obsessive about it. and one that straight up uses it for her back pain cause she broke her back a few years ago.

any who fact of the matter is they are totally fucking awesome, the factors that determine how it feels is the environment and dose in 85% of the cases a person only needs 1-2 to achieve full effects taking the amount your friend did clearly was a OD amount. people that tend to over dose on a drug they are completely unfamiliar with rarely have a good time tis common sense and their body generally doesnt know what the fuck to do.

so i dont get what your saying. fresh is totally better try eating the fresh skin from 2 caps and see how that treats you since its just the flesh it will digest way faster and be smoother on the body

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekilluminati420
Swimmin in Cyans soon
Male

Loc: PNW, Oregon Coast
Re: Expert feedback? My guide to Hunting Fly Agarics [Re: thedudenj]
    #13138635 - 09/02/10 02:06 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I cant wait...i will eat 2fresh whole caps this season and see how it treats me...And i mean the whole cap gills and all

But you dont know what im saying about them being "more toxic when wet"......there is ibotenic acid in them when wet and heat drying converts it to muscimole or someshit...i dont know look it up......but i will eat them fresh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria
scroll down to "toxicity"

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#13139647 - 09/02/10 05:44 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

blah blah blah... ibotenic acid doesn't cause lesions unless injected into the my understanding comes from almost 1000 or more amanitas being used v

look at the date i have been thru 6 years of amainta 10 seasons +they grow spring , summer , and fall. i only did one spring so far. and my first year i didnt get that summer and its yet to be this fall for me finding them. im just saying i know the effects on me and the people i have used them with and on. everyone agrees fresher the better. its also alot about vibes of course. your most likely not gona tap in the XTC powers of them with out it being passed on but you might i did but im rather different and then i shared that gift. reguardless cooking them is good too but once again fresher the better when cooking them too

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

InvisibleFern
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #13140287 - 09/02/10 08:25 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

thedudenj you seem to know yellow amanitas very well. im after picking so many but never have the never to eat yet because im afraid i picked some poisonous yellow, have any advice????

im afraid of eating any if they can be fatal, but there are so many to be picked it seems like they are being wasted. i need to id them with confidence,

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Expert feedback? My guide to Hunting Fly Agarics [Re: Fern]
    #13141102 - 09/02/10 11:42 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

id only the the left two from the middle they are in the best condition for sure

--------------------

InvisibleFern
 User Gallery

#13141770 - 09/03/10 06:29 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Ive tried to id all of them in different threads but never got truly identified.

is there any fool proof way to tell if its muscaria?

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#13141967 - 09/03/10 08:23 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Fern said:
thedudenj you seem to know yellow amanitas very well. im after picking so many but never have the never to eat yet because im afraid i picked some poisonous yellow, have any advice????

im afraid of eating any if they can be fatal, but there are so many to be picked it seems like they are being wasted. i need to id them with confidence,

the first three are prime examples look at the base of the stem for the concentric rings

--------------------

InvisibleFern
 User Gallery

#13143160 - 09/03/10 01:59 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

what others share this feature? guessowii/formosa, elongata or etc.
"all mushrooms are edible, but some only once"

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#13143310 - 09/03/10 02:33 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

all amanita M , have the concentric ring and bulb shape like that on the stem

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#13143327 - 09/03/10 02:38 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

look at my pictures not all of mine are amanita amerimuscira

--------------------

Invisiblelittleton
Stranger
I'm a teapot

#13150464 - 09/05/10 11:55 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for theguide:thumbup:

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#13150514 - 09/05/10 12:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

killuminati420 said:
I cant wait...i will eat 2fresh whole caps this season and see how it treats me...And i mean the whole cap gills and all

But you dont know what im saying about them being "more toxic when wet"......there is ibotenic acid in them when wet and heat drying converts it to muscimole or someshit...i dont know look it up......but i will eat them fresh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria
scroll down to "toxicity"

btw realize wiki isnt the ultimate authrity its also out of date with terms all the american ones are called amerimusciria

--------------------

InvisibleHerbBaker
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #13150590 - 09/05/10 12:21 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

your first two look like Amanita persicina

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Expert feedback? My guide to Hunting Fly Agarics [Re: HerbBaker]
    #13150733 - 09/05/10 01:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

does it matter that much those are active too

--------------------

Offlinesve
ape
Female User Gallery

#13289281 - 10/04/10 03:56 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Removing the psychoactive alkaloids from the mushroom is a very simple. Since they're water-soluble, removing them is just a simple matter of boiling.

Just slice your mushrooms thinly and boil them for a few minutes in a potfull lightly salted water (about one teaspoon of salt per liter of water), then discard the water. Your mushrooms should now be ready to cook with!

If you'd like to play it safe, you can repeat the above process one or two more times with fresh water. After that, there's no way that any muscimol or ibotenic acid will be left in the mushrooms.

Quote:

Some sources claim that the mushrooms should not be boiled, as it would degrade the activity; instead they should be infused in water at 170F. I'm not sure what chemicals would degrade at during the boiling (ibotenic acid and muscimol wouldn't, they're both quite thermostable), and people have reported success with brews that were prepared on the stove at a rolling boil, so the warning against boiling may just a common myth.

In the culinary section it says that boiling these removes the active compounds but in the next section it says that musicmol and ibotenic acid are thermostable and that people have had success (I am assuming "success" in this section means tripping) with teas made with boiling water. Has anyone here tried boiling these to use in cooking? I found a whole bunch of them a few days ago and would be curious to know if they actually taste good and if boiling is a reliable way to make them inactive.

If it is and I want to dry them to store for a while, would it be better to boil when they are fresh and then dry them or to dry them first and rehydrate them in boiling water before cooking?

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Expert feedback? My guide to Hunting Fly Agarics [Re: sve]
    #13289393 - 10/04/10 04:22 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i really suggest cooking them in a curry or in cheese eggs with some nice veggies and spices

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Expert feedback? My guide to Hunting Fly Agarics [Re: sve]
    #13290132 - 10/04/10 06:49 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

sve said:
Quote:

Removing the psychoactive alkaloids from the mushroom is a very simple. Since they're water-soluble, removing them is just a simple matter of boiling.

Just slice your mushrooms thinly and boil them for a few minutes in a potfull lightly salted water (about one teaspoon of salt per liter of water), then discard the water. Your mushrooms should now be ready to cook with!

If you'd like to play it safe, you can repeat the above process one or two more times with fresh water. After that, there's no way that any muscimol or ibotenic acid will be left in the mushrooms.

Quote:

Some sources claim that the mushrooms should not be boiled, as it would degrade the activity; instead they should be infused in water at 170F. I'm not sure what chemicals would degrade at during the boiling (ibotenic acid and muscimol wouldn't, they're both quite thermostable), and people have reported success with brews that were prepared on the stove at a rolling boil, so the warning against boiling may just a common myth.

In the culinary section it says that boiling these removes the active compounds but in the next section it says that musicmol and ibotenic acid are thermostable and that people have had success (I am assuming "success" in this section means tripping) with teas made with boiling water. Has anyone here tried boiling these to use in cooking? I found a whole bunch of them a few days ago and would be curious to know if they actually taste good and if boiling is a reliable way to make them inactive.

If it is and I want to dry them to store for a while, would it be better to boil when they are fresh and then dry them or to dry them first and rehydrate them in boiling water before cooking?

There's no contradiction in those two quotes; making tea is effective because the actives are water-soluble.  And because the actives are water-soluble, you can render the mushrooms inactive by parboiling them (thus pulling the actives out of the mushroom and into the water) and discarding the water.

But if you want to cook with them, drying them is not the way to go... it changes their flavor from fresh deliciousness to something foul resembling the odor of sweaty socks.  Reconstituting the dried mushrooms with water doesn't recover their flavor.

For longterm storage, I'd recommend pickling the mushrooms.

Offlinesve
ape
Female User Gallery

Re: Expert feedback? My guide to Hunting Fly Agarics [Re: Entropymancer]
    #13290400 - 10/04/10 07:50 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Oh! I've never made mushroom tea and I guess I thought you'd still be consuming the mushrooms but that wouldn't really make sense. Thanks for explaining. :smile:

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Expert feedback? My guide to Hunting Fly Agarics [Re: Entropymancer]
    #13290453 - 10/04/10 08:02 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Entropymancer said:
Quote:

sve said:
Quote:

Quote:

There's no contradiction in those two quotes; making tea is effective because the actives are water-soluble.  And because the actives are water-soluble, you can render the mushrooms inactive by parboiling them (thus pulling the actives out of the mushroom and into the water) and discarding the water.

But if you want to cook with them, drying them is not the way to go... it changes their flavor from fresh deliciousness to something foul resembling the odor of sweaty socks.  Reconstituting the dried mushrooms with water doesn't recover their flavor.

For longterm storage, I'd recommend pickling the mushrooms.

or honey :awesome: they taste great mixed with honey

--------------------

OfflineAtomicMushRoom
Stranger
    #13343730 - 10/16/10 12:10 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

hello everyone,
u just made my trip,
took some dryed caps and started to google about amanitas and came upon this great guide, i have red few, but this one is quite different... sort of personal :laugh:

especially love the cooking part (never did, but was actually thinking about them amanitas as chips or jerky already (dryed), probably that glutamaine :laugh:

And this fresh eating part sounds very interesting, was convinced it must cause horrible nausea.
But had this dream where my grandmother told me to eat amanitas dryed on zero temmperature, (which i have only solved "like not to dry at all" so far:D ), so i will definetly give it a try

edit:why is it, that after taking these, one feel like being awake after long time sleeping? :laugh:

Edited by AtomicMushRoom (10/16/10 12:47 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates