Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Expert feedback? My guide to Hunting Fly Agarics [Re: thedudenj]
    #11311112 - 10/24/09 10:49 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Funny this got bumped when it did, I just found my first batch of baby fly agarics popping up around where I'm at (I've moved since last winter so I need to hunt out fresh patches this winter).  I know their season starts much earlier in most parts of the world, but it seems like in Oregon they don't come out until nearly November.

They're still really young (there was only one where the universal veil had started splitting to the point where I could see a sliver of the glistening red-orange pellicle peeking through.

I can't wait for them to mature a little so I can start eating them  :fancycook:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Expert feedback? My guide to Hunting Fly Agarics [Re: Entropymancer]
    #11319699 - 10/25/09 04:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

btw whats your thoughts on stems, i find them to be pretty much just as potent and in some cases stronger. but generally its the same strenght by weight tho ish so like 2 stems would equal one cap or so..

i just found a really unrealistic looking patch to day but couldnt pick it and am going to tomorrow for sure.

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineMCSteveyC
lib lover
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Guide to Hunting Fly Agarics in North America [Re: Entropymancer]
    #11353424 - 10/30/09 05:31 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

nice thread mate

Offlinekevincoughlin
Stoned

#12917557 - 07/18/10 10:19 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

This isn't a guide to hunting to hunting Fly Agarics. It says nothing about how to find them, where, what conditions, etc. All it says is east, west, and other terms that aren't point locations.

It's a reference to different types and identification. The titles mislead me hear too many times to not say anything.

--------------------
Smoke weed every Sunday and throughout your dreams - Jesus 4:20(The one and only God)

Their are no stupid questions, just stupid people - Mrs Garrison

Edited by kevincoughlin (07/18/10 10:20 PM)

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Loc: Mos Eisley,
Re: Guide to Hunting Fly Agarics in North America [Re: kevincoughlin]
    #12917672 - 07/18/10 10:47 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

not to be a prick but is it really that hard to find one!?
it still baffles me people want to fuck with these things anyways.

--------------------

OfflineJoie
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #12917711 - 07/18/10 10:57 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

That's all that's missing though and it's straightforward enough: Look near birch or coniferous trees from summer to early winter.

The rest is a brilliant guide that I'm glad you bumped to my attention.

--------------------

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #12917724 - 07/18/10 10:59 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Ha, you're right,

This is a rough guide:

Under pine, spruce, fir, hemlock, oak, birch and beech. Maybe other trees.
Anytime the humidity is high enough long enough and the ground temperature is above 50 degrees F.

InvisibleFern
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Guide to Hunting Fly Agarics in North America [Re: falcon]
    #13108478 - 08/27/10 03:41 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

great thread, ill have to read all of it when i get off work.

i am trying to find out how to id a amanita by the means of microscope or some other way, do you know anything about this entropymancer? im very cautious with all these brightly yellow colored amanitas.

my thread.

heres just one i found,

OfflineMike711
friend
Male
Loc: PNW
    #13109249 - 08/27/10 09:50 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

if i look and look and look one day i will find one:mushdance:

Offlinekilluminati420
Swimmin in Cyans soon
Male

Loc: PNW, Oregon Coast
Re: Guide to Hunting Fly Agarics in North America [Re: Mike711]
    #13109281 - 08/27/10 10:02 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:lol: i see them all the time here in oregon...i cant wait till it starts raining im gonna be swimmin in amanitas...the oregon coast has amanitas growin out my ass when i wake up every season, also cyanescens and libs

let me know if you wanna trade amanitas for anything this Oct-Dec

OfflineDarklight203
Same Shit
Male

Loc: Nome, Alaska Flag
Re: Guide to Hunting Fly Agarics in North America [Re: killuminati420]
    #13109297 - 08/27/10 10:08 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I wish I could find more amanitas here. Only kind I find are possible pantherinas, out in the woods, we find lots of rubescens and boletes. My wife said out in the woods, she saw tons of muscaria. It just rained, so things might be looking good for all mushrooms.
-EDIT forgot this said "of North America" while I'm in europe=P Still, wish I could find some.

--------------------
In ancient times, when demons roamed with man, They hunted, loved and lost, hand in hand, As time went on, the difference between them faded. You couldn't tell anymore, demons and man were related, and some would say the same, but who would like to claim? In time, Gods had even forgot, Demons, too, once love had sought. In times recent I remember, Once I was a man, In my heart I had an ember, I'll relate the best I can but it was snuffed, one distant December. And yet here I stand, no flesh, no bones, no seed or semen, All that's left is this Demon.

Edited by Darklight203 (08/27/10 10:10 AM)

OfflineAUtrippin
War Eagle
Male User Gallery

Loc: Auburn, AL Flag
Re: Expert feedback? My guide to Hunting Fly Agarics [Re: Darklight203]
    #13109653 - 08/27/10 11:51 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

This is a great guide! I did not realize that there are so many look a likes to the A. muscaria! Very nice job.

--------------------

Offlinefoxtym
Stranger
Re: Expert feedback? My guide to Hunting Fly Agarics [Re: AUtrippin]
    #13126359 - 08/30/10 09:08 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with the poster that complained that the muscaria guide neglected specific locations (not to mention the frustration that comes from the fact that so many reports in this forum are absent location data), even though most mushroom guides make the same omission. Contrary to what lots of folks who live in good mushroom areas will tell you (“they are easy to find because they are everywhere”), it is simply not true. Most of us live in less than ideal regions. I would love to see a REAL mushroom (muscaria) hunters guide that focused on specific locales (and specific seasons). The best we have short of that are sites like “mushroom observer” that posts mushroom reports and includes specific areas where the submissions were found.

Anyway, I have collected such data for years and could contribute to such a guide were a more ambitious sympathizer to initiate such a project here.

Offlinekilluminati420
Swimmin in Cyans soon
Male

Re: Expert feedback? My guide to Hunting Fly Agarics [Re: foxtym]
    #13128348 - 08/31/10 10:40 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

That would suck to live in an area that doesn't have the big red juicy amanitas everywhere...When i go looking its actually hard for me to find the yellow/nasty ones...

My motto to looking for amanitas is to only pick the red ones that are fresh and scrumptious...i wouldn't even take a pic of the ones that aren't red:lol: i go for the red ones

I see MANY variety of amanitas like a mini one that was peach colored barely growing by a creek in DRY June 25th,...but the only ones i pick are the big nice red ones

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Expert feedback? My guide to Hunting Fly Agarics [Re: killuminati420]
    #13130415 - 08/31/10 07:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

lol yellow ones arent all nasty theres plenty of nasty yellow ones. but i understand where your coming from your just not experienced with them. its really all about the year too , each year varies so much in effects. like 2008 they were really bomb and like XTC

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinekilluminati420
Swimmin in Cyans soon
Male

#13130451 - 08/31/10 07:19 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
lol yellow ones arent all nasty theres plenty of nasty yellow ones. but i understand where your coming from your just not experienced with them. its really all about the year too , each year varies so much in effects. like 2008 they were really bomb and like XTC

how do you ingest them? my friend ate 32dry grams of the red ones and he puked/convulsioned/amanita coma :lol:

How do you eat them to reduce the toxicity

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#13130545 - 08/31/10 07:34 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

well first off dont buy them how do you know they werent picked from a toxic environment?

that could be it man. 

Raw fresh ones from a health environment that look healthy is the best way to go. as well as getting one from healthy environments is the only way to go

--------------------

Offlinekilluminati420
Swimmin in Cyans soon
Male

#13131064 - 08/31/10 09:01 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
well first off dont buy them how do you know they werent picked from a toxic environment?

that could be it man. 

Raw fresh ones from a health environment that look healthy is the best way to go. as well as getting one from healthy environments is the only way to go

i picked them on the side of the road LITERALLY across the street from the Trees of Mystery in the redwoods on the coast of northern california..my sig matter of fact

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#13131577 - 08/31/10 10:33 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

well first things first eating 23grams of them dried which i was gona say sooner is fucked up

if they were good thats way to much try one mushroom at a time. Plus fresh cap skin is a way to go for first time.

aside from that yeah i would totally say its something that needs to be passed down on a vibe level like most drugs they are nothing with out the proper vibes

btw east coast red ones suck and west coast yellow ones tend to suck its about the dominant one of the area.

you gota expect them to be different. like how west coast gyms are inactive

--------------------

Edited by thedudenj (08/31/10 10:41 PM)

Offlinekilluminati420
Swimmin in Cyans soon
Male

#13132903 - 09/01/10 09:48 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
well first things first eating 23grams of them dried which i was gona say sooner is fucked up

if they were good thats way to much try one mushroom at a time. Plus fresh cap skin is a way to go for first time.

aside from that yeah i would totally say its something that needs to be passed down on a vibe level like most drugs they are nothing with out the proper vibes

btw east coast red ones suck and west coast yellow ones tend to suck its about the dominant one of the area.

you gotta expect them to be different. like how west coast gyms are inactive

:lol: not 23dry grams...32drygrams...he ate over an ounce...and he was puking like :projectile: over and over again but he was like in a coma type of thing for like all day....and randomly felt better to get up and walk to my friends house with me and was saying something about not being able to see right :shrug:

Im going to cook some in an oven this fall to dry them like i hear alot and try that because i heard eating them wet is more toxic :shrug:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale