Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
Do you support Saddam?
    #932681 - 10/04/02 07:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I certainly do not support him. And I most certainly do not support Bush. However, what would be so wrong with taking out such a horrible person? I mean, his is a piece of shit leader. Why would you want someone of that nature to be in power? I really dont want a war, but I dont believe that a person like him should preside over so many people. Everyone on here seems to think this is an imperialist invasion to secure oil, which is partly true and is partly credible, but also this guy is a total piece of shit. So if you dont support taking him out, do you approve of someone of this nature being a leader of a country. If we take him out, all the sanctions will be over with and the people of Iraq could finally eat again, and we would not have Saddam building palaces and personal amusement parks all over the place.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
Re: Do you support Saddam? [Re: Buddha5254]
    #932685 - 10/04/02 07:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I don't support virtually every leader in existence.

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

Loc: Here.
Re: Do you support Saddam? [Re: Albino_Jesus]
    #932714 - 10/04/02 07:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with Albino Jesus. Are you saying we eliminate a bad leader with violence? If we answer with violence and war, we are just as horrible.

--------------------
Those who know do not speak.
Those who speak do not know.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Do you support Saddam? [Re: Albino_Jesus]
    #932835 - 10/04/02 08:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

In reply to:

I don't support virtually every leader in existence.

My sentiments as well.

'I heartily accept the motto, "That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe--"That government is best which governs not at all"; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which the will have.'
- Henry David Thoreau (Civil Disobedience)

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Edited by Evolving (10/04/02 08:51 PM)

InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
    #932879 - 10/04/02 09:04 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

We dont gas our own people and we dont invade Canada and Mexico to TAKE THEM OVER. So I really dont think that attacking and killing Saddam is being just as bad as he is.

OfflineTeon
Chemist/Self-AppointedFAQ Facist
Male

Loc: Here
    #934336 - 10/05/02 01:09 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

But it is. The Monroe Doctrine is flawed; and it was never about a big stick, it was about Roosevelts big ego. America is not the worlds police, why should Americans have to pay for a war with Iraq? Why should we care when it is not our place. American military action in areas which we have no jurisdiction in create instances like 9/11. Why do you think so many countries hate us? Because they're jealous of our high standard of living? HA! We're a country of gluttons and most people just laught at us for that, not that I can blame them. There are so many paople out there angry with the US because we don't know how to mind our own dam business. Me, I think the resolution here is to drop out of the UN, work on recreating some kind of trade balance (our #1 import is electronics and cars, our #1 export is food stuffs, what ever happened the US as the manufacturing giant of the world?) and stop fucking with other peoples shit. Everyone will be better off that way. Even George "Snort, snort, wink, wink" monkey boy, american clown W Bush.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, have ever been, or will at any future time will be participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any legal statue; be it local, state, or federal law. All posts are works of fiction, and are intended for entertainment purposes only.

Don't just assume anything I or anyone else says is true. Test it for yourself. See if it's true.
Generate more useful information. The world is running desperately low on it.

OfflinePoolShark
Mushroom Farmer

Re: Do you support Saddam? [Re: Teon]
    #934848 - 10/05/02 05:43 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

This war is all about money. The United States wants somone else in there becuase if Saddam is out the oil prices would become a hole lot cheaper. This is why they truly want him out, Saddam threating the world is only a second concern to them.

--------------------
PoolShark

Remember, Every thing I say or write is not based on facts or reality

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Buddha5254]
    #936455 - 10/06/02 02:28 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator
 Arcade Champion: Skeleton Park, Space Hunter

Re: Do you support Saddam? [Re: Macey Howard]
    #937315 - 10/06/02 08:43 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Lemme guess moe, big fan of Magnum P.I ?

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Loc: Florida
Re: Do you support Saddam? [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #937729 - 10/06/02 10:37 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

we want saddam out cause theres facts that hes building nuclear weapons of mass desrtuction which could wipe america out and make him dictator of earth!

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Do you support Saddam? [Re: LSAuser]
    #937748 - 10/06/02 10:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

um...yeah...sure...

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Do you support Saddam? [Re: Rono]
    #937812 - 10/06/02 11:18 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

To say that saddam is a threat to the world is a JOKE JJJJJJJJOOOOOOOOKKKKKKEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #942082 - 10/08/02 09:15 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

"We dont gas our own people and we dont invade Canada and Mexico to TAKE THEM OVER. So I really dont think that attacking and killing Saddam is being just as bad as he is."

The U.S. only oppressed blacks, women, and other minorities for hundreds of years and it is still going on today. we only annihilated the native american culture and population and stole their land. we only stole around 1/3 of our territory from mexico. We only dropped 2 nuclear bombs on japan. we only gave 40 million dollars to the taliban. we only cage humans for using a nearly harmless plant(marijuana). we only impose our will on the rest of the world. we only killed thousands of america's young men in the vietnam war for no particular reason.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
Re: Do you support Saddam? [Re: 1stimer]
    #942363 - 10/08/02 11:12 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well, "We" didnt do all of that shit. We dont steal land from people today do we? Would you rather an A-bomb have been dropped, or invade Japan at the cost of hundreds of thousands of lives and two more years of war. Dont fuck with me on the history shit. A bunch of old white people were responsible all that other shit. Im not saying that what we do is right, certainly our government is the most hypocritical of them all. Yeah, we impose our will on other people, but if we dont throw ourselves around every once in a while the REALLY fucked up ones will impose their will. So do you support the US ending the Taliban? We imposed our will there. WHen is it necessary and when is it not? come on now, we have a history as bad as any one elses but we've come a long way.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #942367 - 10/08/02 11:14 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think the U.S. has come a long way as much as I think it has fallen from grace...

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineBullfrog1
Discovery BeyondImagination

#943179 - 10/08/02 04:42 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I fought in desert storm. We should have....liquidated him back then. The real reason behind our intention is the protection of Israel, strictly as a strategic base, not because we "love" Israel. I don't believe Bush's "humanitarian" ploy, neither should you. People who read between the lines can see the obvious. Israel is a testing ground for our military machines and weapons. It is also the eyes and ears of the US in an environment totally hostile, in the worst sense, towards the US. We don't give a rat's ass about international opinion since 3/4 of the world already hate us. Too fucking bad. We rule the earth anyhow and there isn't anything that anyone or nation, can do about it. That's it and...... I'm spent!

--------------------

InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
Re: Do you support Saddam? [Re: Bullfrog1]
    #943492 - 10/08/02 06:35 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

that's pretty damn convincing. I talked to a Kuwaiti in one of my classes and he said we should have taken him out the first time. He said during the invasion was the scariest time in his life. The Iraqis were doing whatever they pleased...

Invisiblethescientist
Loc: Dade County
    #943574 - 10/08/02 07:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

the Us had the opportunity to remove saddam at the end of the gulf war. The replacements would have sided w/ iran. that would be a problem for the us b/c they would have restricted access to oil reserves.
also the us was an ALLY of iraq during saddam's greatest atrocities. the us supplied weapons (some CHEMICAL) to iraq. the us doesnt give a fuck about saddam using weapons on his own people. wars are about money and power. not about humanity. we, developed nations piliage the fuckin world for whatever we can get. humans are not rational beings. there are no great countries, there are only great individuals.
the us sprays chemicals on peasants in columbia. they supply weapons and money to many terrorist groups. who trained and funded al queda?
the us has not fallen from grace. they have dropped nukes. who else has? the country was founded on the principle of protecting the few from the many. there is no semblance of democracy in NA. i am disappointed w/ the actions of men. oil will be burned till its gone.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion