Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAngel_Magic79
HOT DIGGITY DOG
Loc: Siberia
Nobody sells bennaficial bacterial injections?
    #932469 - 10/04/02 05:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Why is there no vendors that sell bennaficial bacterial/anticynomn injections?
These could possibly wipe out or target certain contams. Through all my research I have yet to see any progress being made in this field.

I go out of my way with using dung for the fact that it will not contam. I believe the bacteria\micro-organisms fend off any contaminents. The mycellium must be symbiotic with select micro-organisms/bacteria which create the invincable substrate. I have only encountered green mold when dung is less then 15%-20% of straw/dung mass- With other trays next to it containing higher levels of dung (around 40%). The trays were never contamed & flushed until the substrate's nutrients/water were depleted. This proves that dung is super resistant to contams even when the mycellium is so weak it cant regenerate after flushing 6times. Side Note- All were puerto Rican, The straw tray was entirely green-even the casing before it was trashed. Air wasnt filtered in room & trays were a foot off the dirty carpet with rotting wood in the interior of room.

I see the pottential for grain jars/filter patch bags to be super resistant at there most vulnerable stage by simply having injections to target certain contams. You all know how contams spread from jar to jar like wild fire. This could be prevented w/o the use of harmfull dangerious antibiotics(hawkeye) & be more effective.

--------------------
ShroomChicks WANTED!!!
Preferably 18 to 21 years old.
Brunett & AVERAGE weight(I Stress)!!!
Please PM me with a current PIC!
Yours truly Mr. Angel- AKA. MOJO MAN
***FEMALES ONLY***

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Nobody sells bennaficial bacterial injections? [Re: Angel_Magic79]
    #932888 - 10/04/02 09:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I just got back from my local garden supply store and they sell boxes of beneficial organisms for starting compost. This may be what you're looking for (?).

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineAngel_Magic79
HOT DIGGITY DOG
Loc: Siberia
Re: Nobody sells bennaficial bacterial injections? [Re: Evolving]
    #933681 - 10/05/02 02:35 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I see the possability to create an injection that can make your grain jars-say more resistant then dung to contams. I think its possible. Ive sifted through many piles of crap & the only detectable contam is mycellium in the wild. Why is that? I strongly believe that anticynomyn/bacteria/whatever is colonizing it first, making it a very super resistant substrate which provides food & juice to the mycellium while preventing contams at the same time. What Micro-Organisms can be used as a symbiotic relationship to make grain jars strong like dung?

--------------------
ShroomChicks WANTED!!!
Preferably 18 to 21 years old.
Brunett & AVERAGE weight(I Stress)!!!
Please PM me with a current PIC!
Yours truly Mr. Angel- AKA. MOJO MAN
***FEMALES ONLY***

Offlineellisdee625
enthusiast
Re: Nobody sells bennaficial bacterial injections? [Re: Angel_Magic79]
    #933826 - 10/05/02 04:20 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i have been looking at this place . they seem to have a good thing going. also, this place is a great source of supplies.

--------------------
Have a smurfy day!!!

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Nobody sells bennaficial bacterial injections? [Re: ellisdee625]
    #938597 - 10/07/02 06:52 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Species of psudomonas (sp?) bacteria help keep a casing contam free, and fruit sooner. They are commercially available.

I'm not sure how effective they would be with substrates.

Search for stuff on "vodka tek" or acetone to look for more info and maybe some supplier links. Psudomonas are cultured on acetone or alcohol. If you don't want to buy them and aren't using a sterile substrate, just incubate the casing moistened with dilute acetone. Pretty much nothing other than psudomonas will grow on it.

Thats about all I know about specific beneficial miro-orgs. Hope it helps.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineCatzeye

Loc: The South
Mixing Mycelium with Microorganisms. [Re: mycofile]
    #952950 - 10/11/02 05:53 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I think this is a very dangerous concept. The microorganisms that are beneficial to myceium of the
cubensis variety may well be toxic/pathogenic to humans. There have been several reports of
people getting E-choli Poisoning from eating contaminated shrooms off cow patties. There are
a couple of Pseudomonads that are extremely dangerous and can make you sick for weeks if not
months and possibly kill. Nature has a strange way of balancing out the comunity of microorganisms.
What might be symbiotic in a natural ecosystem could become pathogenic in a artificial setting. More research
needs to be done to this extent.

Best Wishes.
Catzeye

--------------------
~It is Green, It Is AquaMarine~
It is Colors I have Never Seen.
I can See Past You
To the White Sands.
Stevie Nicks

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

Re: Mixing Mycelium with Microorganisms. [Re: Catzeye]
    #953285 - 10/11/02 09:02 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You do need to be cautious, though I think there are relatively safe ways to get what you're looking for.  Optimally, you should be creating the proper casing flora through proper formulation, application, and watering.  This is 'safest', as the vast majority of serious pathogens do not thrive in mixed-flora 'environmental' concoctions.  The toxicity of casing mold is invariably allergic in nature. 
Once you start selecting for certain bacterial species of the mix, e.g. Pseudomonas with acetone, you are potentially increasing the risk though I still would not consider it any more of health risk than the rest of the process.  In environmental sampling, Pseudomonas aeruginosa [the nasty one in most cases of infection] is heavily outnumbered by Pseudomonas fluorescens/putida, very benign bacteria that usually completely cover the outer skins of store-bought chicken [which knocks down Salmonella risk, incidentally].    I might expect to get more bacterial blotch if I used any Pseudomonas-rich broth in a casing, though.  Pseudomonas increases pinning in some species, and also seems to be responsible for blotch. 

There are no absolutes, anything can happen, even when casing normally.  A mixed-broth made from the wash of good soil, compost, etc. might be just as effective as a *potentially* more risky bacterial selective growth. 

But again, the best way to go is to use quality casing materials and apply it properly.  Build it and the bacteria will follow :smile:

Good luck

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology