Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Big Ass Argument UGHHHH [Re: ShroomNewb]
    #935796 - 10/06/02 02:11 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Man ...... I dont like this (shifting in chair ... looking over shoulder ).................They are all out to fucking get me man !  Shhhhhhhh the other me might hear .....we dont want that ! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :wink: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineTypingwords
Veteran Seasonal PNW Hunter
I'm a teapot

Loc: seattle-ish area, WA
Re: Big Ass Argument UGHHHH [Re: ShroomNewb]
    #935956 - 10/06/02 04:21 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks shroomnewb, I was just going to point out that the whole "ingesting one's body weight of shrooms" thing kind of sounds like misinformation to me. I'll admit I've said it before because it sounds nice, but I'm starting to think that it's not a good answer to this so commonly asked question regarding the fatal dosage of psilocybin because:

1)The statement is referring to fresh mushrooms, but in reality, most of the time people are eating them dried. So it would be more like 1/10 of one's own bodyweight (or whatever). The point is it's a much smaller percentage, not even close to one's bodyweight.

2) I am guessing that this statement is also referring to cubensis, the most commonly consumed species, but what about the more potent ones? For example, azurescens are much stronger than cubes, I'm not exactly sure by how much, but what if they are twice as strong? That would again cut the lethal dose in half. (I think I will post a question concerning the potency of different species.)

Also newb, you stated that it's actually 10-20 fresh grams, not one's own body weight....okay, now I am getting scared. Would you mind stating the source for that info?

Edit: I meant 10-20 fresh POUNDS of course.

--------------------
everything everyone everywhere.
forever and ever

Edited by Typingwords (10/07/02 12:22 AM)

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Big Ass Argument UGHHHH [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #936044 - 10/06/02 06:33 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Any blotter acid should safe. Even unpure acid. Think about it. Acid's threshold effects are felt at such a small amount (micrograms) and even if someone mixed something else into the blotter the chances of it actually affecting you is pretty rare.
I don't know, I'm no expert, but I really doubt that unpure blotter acid poses any greater health risk.

OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

Loc: overTHErainbow, BC
Re: Big Ass Argument UGHHHH [Re: Sheepish]
    #943995 - 10/08/02 09:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

im not talking about acid here man....im talking about life and death.....If i eat 3 ounces of dried Cubes, your telling me i wont die..because if i do, im writing a note telling that you guys told me that i cant die..so you'll get in trouble....im sorry thats narce out i know, im not like that...but just think if i did....your telling me i cant die. the most mushrooms ive ever done is about a half ounce of liberty caps...thanks alot guys.

--------------------
Evil is anointed, get disappointed
Guillotine to your spleen
You'll get defeated, you can't beat it, join it

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Big Ass Argument UGHHHH [Re: ShRo_0My]
    #944327 - 10/09/02 01:45 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'm pretty sure it'd take shitloads more than that to cause death. The L.D. 50 is posted on www.erowid.org, and if I remember correctly, it's pretty damn fucking high.
Here is a bit off the dosage page about shrooms.

" Note : Pure psilocybin is considered to be one of the least physically toxic of the psychedelics and it is difficult to cause fatal reactions in mammals with this chemical. The estimated 17 grams of psilocybin would be roughly equivalent to the content of 2 pounds of strong dried psilocybing mushrooms (around 10 to 20 pounds of wet mushrooms). Because of the mass of mushrooms this represents, it is unlikely anyone eating this quantity could absorb a fatal dose of the active principal. However, at very high doses, the effects of psilocybin become so intense and unpleasant that extreme dissociated and panic reactions are far more problematic than the risk of fatal OD." http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_dose.shtml

So good luck trying to eat more than 20 pounds of wet mushrooms!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies