Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

Loc: overTHErainbow, BC
Big Ass Argument UGHHHH
    #932130 - 10/04/02 04:06 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Wats up im new here, and i love it already...anyways, me and my buddies always have arguments about drugs...you think it we've argued about it. and this one was about acid and mushrooms. They seem to think that if u eat enough mushrooms you can die...eg- 3 ounces of dried shroomies, they think that u can die off that easily, i said i didnt know but that its very, very hard to die off mushrooms, and then we fought about it. they also said that you can od off acid too, i knew that, but you need LD50 they didnt know what the hell that is, so i showed em'. I just want to know CAN U DIE OFF MUSHROOMS? if so, HOW MUCH WILL KILL YOU? thanks alot guys this will put my anger (to my freinds) back to normal hehe. oh yah i bet this is a usual post so sorry, just want a simple couple answers....peace

--------------------
Evil is anointed, get disappointed
Guillotine to your spleen
You'll get defeated, you can't beat it, join it

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
Re: Big Ass Argument UGHHHH [Re: ShRo_0My]
    #932155 - 10/04/02 04:12 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You can die from mushroom poisoning - picking the wrong ones
THe fatal dose of psilocybin mushrooms is ones own body weight (although no-one has tried this :wink: )

BTW there are two people who have died from marijuana, one laughed to death and the other got hit on the head with a bail of MJ that was thrown from a plane during a smuggling operation (joke :wink: )

Good luck 

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: Big Ass Argument UGHHHH [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #932853 - 10/04/02 08:55 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Another point is that after you have impossibly consumed your body weight there is no chance of your stomach processing it. Infact what will likely happen is it will come out of the other end faster than it went in. Your stomach is capable of completely rejecting things, it is not a very comfortable thing to happen to you and it certainly wouldn't on some ridiculous dose.

Of course some of it will be absorbed, but probably not a large percentage.

The only chance you have is to ingest pure psilocybin extract. You might succeed doing it that way.

OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

Loc: overTHErainbow, BC
Re: Big Ass Argument UGHHHH [Re: utopianglory]
    #933047 - 10/04/02 10:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

so say that i buy 3 ounces of cabenzies and eat all of em' (i've never had a bad trip, and ive mushed plenty of times) i wont die? no matter what??

--------------------
Evil is anointed, get disappointed
Guillotine to your spleen
You'll get defeated, you can't beat it, join it

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #933077 - 10/04/02 10:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You will die from eating too much before psilocybin/psilocin poisen. I think its called stomach distension or somthing.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
    #933296 - 10/05/02 12:21 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Assuming they are just mushrooms and nobody has done anything stupid (like poison 'em), you probably won't die of poisoning. There are other ways to die. To quote Dr. Denis Benjamin (Mushrooms, Poisons and Panceas, p.122):

Instestinal Obstruction is a rare but well-described complication of mushroom gluttony. In part it is due to the relative indigestibility of the chitin in the cell walls. When mushroom cells are intact, they absorb water, thereby resulting in considerable swelling of the mushroom pieces. When the ingested mushroom pieces are not well chewed, large fragments persist throughout their journey down the gastrointestinal tract. Liberal quantities of these large objects can cause mechanical obstruction. In one patient with an undiagnosed colonic cancer that had narrowed the intestinal lumen, obstruction was complicated by intestinal rupture. Most mushrooms have the potential to cause mechanical difficulties when consumed in excessive amounts.

Obviously you would need to consume a lot, and swallow (don't chew, dammit!) as much whole as possible, and not vomit. You're not likely to manage it even if you're trying.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #933425 - 10/05/02 01:02 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Go to highest doses post . I am not lying or exagerating , I am living proof that quantities I mentioned did not kill me ..........at least I do not think it did , am I really here or just a phantom drug addict ? Oh well , just one of the many many many times I took halucinogens . Could not give you an honest count ....... lost count after 8 hit night which was three years after first dose ever....... "Orange microdot " !
Just remember this when you argue with buddies ..............
"Reality ....... is for those who can't handle drugs " ! :cool:
Do not do anything I would do ...................
technically and legally I was insane that night I ate 8 hits !

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #933839 - 10/05/02 04:54 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I think I read somewhere that you would need to eat around 50lbs of mushrooms to be in any physical danger.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #934009 - 10/05/02 09:17 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

3 grams dry of shrooms and you'll be just fine! It'd take A LOT of shrooms to kill you. As above, about 50 POUNDS of em. 3 grams would be just fine.

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: Big Ass Argument UGHHHH [Re: Sheepish]
    #934100 - 10/05/02 10:46 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

For arguments sake, if you could consume your bodyweight in shrooms and your body could absorb it you could die.

This if of course basically impossible to do consuming mushrooms. You must consume pure psilocybin extract which you will find very hard to acquire the amount required also.

Basically either way its practically implausable, not impossible. By eating mushrooms I believe it is impossible to die due to psilocybin overdose, the percentage found inthe mushrooms is too low.

You could very well die from intestinal problems though. Fortunately our bodies have fairly efficient systems to remove contraband in a hurry if its really necessary.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Big Ass Argument UGHHHH [Re: utopianglory]
    #934107 - 10/05/02 10:49 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Same with pot. You'd have to consume KILOS of the shit within half an hour to successfully overdose on it. In other words, it's just not gonna happen. Pot, shrooms and acid are probably the safest drugs known to man, by toxicity. The chance of accidently overdosing on them are SO RARE, if not, IMPOSSIBLE.

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
    #934507 - 10/05/02 02:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i don't know...maybe pure acid is safe. i guess what i got once that hospitalized me wasn't pure. and if that wasn't real and pure, then one day i'd like to try the pure stuff. hmmmm no, never mind...i really don't want to do anything un-natural.
peace!

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
    #934571 - 10/05/02 03:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

hmmmmm....

but!
mushrooms, lsd, and marijuana are known to result in a quicker heart rate for a lot of people... if you happen to have a heart condition, that could be pretty dangerous.
so before you go gorging yourself on massive doses of shrooms or acid, get a heart screening, foo's

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Re: Big Ass Argument UGHHHH [Re: Albino_Jesus]
    #934646 - 10/05/02 03:55 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

um.
pot makes your heart race huh?
(trying to hold it in....trying not to laugh.....)

:grin:BWAHAHAHAHAHA :grin:HAHAHAHAHAHAH...uh-he... :grin: ha hahe ahHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... :crazy:oh man :smirk:....your killin' me here...(short)  :grin:(wipestears from eyes)  :crazy:pwabahhakahakha :grin: :grin: :grin:HAHAHAHAHLMAO!
LMAOWROTFAPMP! (which means laughing my ass of while rolling on the floor and pissing my pants)

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
Re: Big Ass Argument UGHHHH [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #934736 - 10/05/02 04:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

for many people it does... and it can depend on which strain you're smoking
especially during a laughing-your-ass-off-attack or paranoia

pot can make you go to sleep, but it can also make you hyper

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

Offlinedarkfly
LysergicExperimenter

#934842 - 10/05/02 05:42 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Actually yes, Marijuana does increase heart rate. We did an experiment a few years ago in one of my biology lab classes with research showing a frog's heart rate before and after certain chemicals were induced (Marijuana, Cocaine, Nicotine, etc.) and Marijuana did raise the heart rate by about 10BPM; I seem to recall the control BPM was around 40 or 50 so Thats a 20% increase in heart rate.

--------------------
Everything Is Blue In This World. The Deepest Shade Of Mushroom Blue.

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Re: Big Ass Argument UGHHHH [Re: darkfly]
    #934923 - 10/05/02 06:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

hmmmmm.
okay, so i am wrong. sorry! i am a little high and i couldn't stop laughing...so i thought i'd type up the whole time i laughed.
my bad! for me, it makes me hyper...very very much so, and in turn lowers my heart rate...strange huh?
oh well, i can't touch the stuff right now because of probation. but i am high on some wild dagga/lions tail. it's just like cannabis pretty much.
anyway, peace.
:smirk: 

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #935232 - 10/05/02 09:59 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Do you enjoy spreading bullshit whiterastahippie and laughing in peoples faces about it? I havent been to impressed with your posts.

There is no replacement for marijuana.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Edited by baraka (10/05/02 10:01 PM)

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Re: Big Ass Argument UGHHHH [Re: baraka]
    #935312 - 10/05/02 10:39 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

do i? well, if you think i do.

but the question is, do i have time to argue or get irritated by stupid small minded imbeciles who think they know what they are talking about all the time and are therefore not willing to try anything else?
no, i don't have time, or energy, or will, to get annoyed by those types of people.
not that anyone here is. (lights up bowl of wild dagga)
once upon a time there was this man....long long long ago. he smoked this strange seven leaved plant. and told his friend it got him feeling weird. his friend told him he was full of shit. and said, "do you enjoy spreading bullshit?"
now everybody loves pot.
you're a moron. but to each his own! (note, i held of on insults til YOU started it...neener neener) :grin:
you know what though? i meet small minded people all the time. and i also meet those people who for some reason get irritated of somebody they can't piss off.
those strange pathetic little people get irritated at me all the time..."why are you always so damn happy? i hate people like that!"
but i don't let them get me down.
lighten up dude! you claim to be a professional bong smoker? then were the hell is your eassygoingness that is a classical trait of pot heats?
chill :smirk: 

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

OfflineShroomNewb
enthusiast
    #935634 - 10/06/02 01:00 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

* LD50 : The minimum dose at which 50% of the research population died.
* Note : Pure psilocybin is considered to be one of the least physically toxic of the psychedelics and it is difficult to cause fatal reactions in mammals with this chemical. The estimated 17 grams of psilocybin would be roughly equivalent to the content of 2 pounds of strong dried psilocybing mushrooms (around 10 to 20 pounds of wet mushrooms). Because of the mass of mushrooms this represents, it is unlikely anyone eating this quantity could absorb a fatal dose of the active principal. However, at very high doses, the effects of psilocybin become so intense and unpleasant that extreme dissociated and panic reactions are far more problematic than the risk of fatal OD.

I dunno id anyone has posted that.. if they have fuck em!

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience