Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: PMP HELP [Re: dead]
    #9321980 - 11/27/08 12:29 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Ok every sorry just now getting back on..  Well I am using a analog hydrometer.. And I am happy to say my humidity is now at 99%  I think the problem was I was just being inpatient last night and not giving it enough time.. My pmp has roughly 4-4.5 inches of geolite and the water comes to about 1-1.5 inches from the top of the geolite.. I have 2 10 inch bubble wands in the bottom as stated above, and a 40 gallon fish tank pump..  Also I have drilled 2  1/4 inch holes in the lid for air exchange do you think that is enough holes of should I go with more ??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewander02
roamer
 User Gallery

Re: PMP HELP [Re: Servator]
    #9322021 - 11/27/08 12:36 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

geez

OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #9322024 - 11/27/08 12:36 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Definantly working right now.. I have the first little baby pin showing.. I am posting pictures, I can't seem to get the camera to focus very well close up does any one know how to do this with a sony cybershot

Pic 1

Pic 2

OfflineBoris
Viking Warrior, of Valour
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX. Flag
    #9322065 - 11/27/08 12:44 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I personally never got spores on my perlight. I bought lil aluminum loaf pans, and cut off most of the height of the pan walls so they were more like a plate with short retainer walls to keep a thin verm lair contained:

Since perlight is a crystalline product, it doesn't harbor many contams when its solo. I never seen anything grow on it. After I successfully completed my first grow (PF Tek) I abandoned my 1/2 ass shotty for a long time... (My shotty wasn't constructed like a true shotty) just kinda pushed it in a corner and forgot about it. When I came back to it some time later the perlight as all dry pretty much resembling when it came fresh out of the bag. I just laird it out on a large cookie sheet and popped it in the oven for 30 mins on 350 when I decide to re-use it again for random cake experiments and shit.

Why does a whole new tek need to be written up when only such a small detail is changed? When used solo, compared perlight will produce higher RH then Geo. Just cause of the fact that perlight has the largest surface area.

I think more people should advocate more common sense, creativity, innovation, and originality. Apposed to dangling from some other guys dick, waiting for them to tell you what to do. Yes there are some guidelines set in stone, but if you don't try to think outside the box, how can this hobby ever evolve ? You can obviously look back to info from years ago, and laugh at it, hysterically in some cases... and we can thank creative, innovative, and original people for this evolution.

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Loc: The Valley
Re: PMP HELP [Re: Boris]
    #9322150 - 11/27/08 01:15 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Boris said:

Why does a whole new tek need to be written up when only such a small detail is changed? When used solo, compared perlight will produce higher RH then Geo. Just cause of the fact that perlight has the largest surface area.

i used geolite the whole time i used a pmp with great results.  i had great humidity the whole time.  you have to change the water every couple weeks so that was sort of a hassel. but all in all it works just fine with geolite.  and how can it be a pmp with perlite if there's no standing water with bubble stones pushing oxygen up through the bottom.  like i said it would just be a shotgun with a bubble stone it s not a pmp.  you guys are making this way more diffucult for the OP.

OP- i used two 14" bubble stones in the bottom of my pmp and also if you look at my pic earlier you should construct something like the tubes i have to get your cakes up off the surface of the geolite it will help keep your humidity up.

Edited by blood4blood (11/27/08 03:19 PM)

Offlinealkylbenzene23
Indeed
 User Gallery

Re: PMP HELP [Re: Boris]
    #9322154 - 11/27/08 01:16 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I have to say it again, because apparently nobody is listening.

The pump is for FAE

NOT Humidity

You MUST match the air pump with the size of your tub or it won't work.

Edit: as for maintaining the water in the tub, any chemical that will not evaporate into the air into sufficient quantities to harm the mushrooms can be used to keep it clean. Bleach, Iodine, H2O2, are whats readily available to me, humidifier anti growth agent might work awesome but I will have to check the MSDS before I can make a recommendation on that.
Ask for details before trying any of those chemicals people btw.

--------------------
If you try to lick your cat while tripping, and they bite you, are you even?

Edited by alkylbenzene23 (11/27/08 01:21 PM)

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Re: PMP HELP [Re: alkylbenzene23]
    #9322159 - 11/27/08 01:18 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

alkylbenzene23 said:
I have to say it again, because apparently nobody is listening.

The pump is for FAE

NOT Humidity

You MUST match the air pump with the size of your tub or it won't work.

your kidding right?  the stones push moisture rich oxygen into the air witch aids in humidity.  it's the same principle as a humidifier.  ugh.

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: PMP HELP [Re: blood4blood]
    #9322182 - 11/27/08 01:24 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Yea the pump is also for RH in a PMP - cuz there's no holes in it like there is w/ a shotgun.  Shotgun lets air in from underneath which comes up as humidified air.  PMP pumps air in which comes up as humidified air.  In both concepts it's also fresh air.

Someone should do a PMP test w/ the same exact tub and pump - and use geolite vs. perlite, then post results.

Offlinealkylbenzene23
Indeed
 User Gallery

#9322188 - 11/27/08 01:25 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

alkylbenzene23 said:
The air pump is also for air exchange and not primarily humidity. The original design (unknown to me, the company went under) likely placed the tubing under the water for a combination of increased humidity and a filtering effect on the air supply. As air bubbles pass through the water any particles get stuck to the edge of the bubble and it picks up water vapor.

Like I said, Nobody listened to my previous post.
Oh, by the way. I have a PMP that works just fine with no bubbles. I understand the principles of the poor mans pod design.

--------------------

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Re: PMP HELP [Re: J3illy]
    #9322192 - 11/27/08 01:26 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

again, how would you use perlite?  the perlite is all going to float in the water.

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9322207 - 11/27/08 01:30 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

blood4blood said:
again, how would you use perlite?  the perlite is all going to float in the water.

How is it gonna float?  If you put 4-5" of perlite in a tub, then add a couple inches of water, how exactly is it gonna float if the water line is below the top of the perlite?

Offlinealkylbenzene23
Indeed
 User Gallery

#9322213 - 11/27/08 01:31 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

alkylbenzene23 said:
While it may be  OK to do so I'm going to say its not advised... there is a different principle going on here than perlite, there is a whicking effect from the stored water blow the surface, thus humidity. Perlite is mostly water from inside each kernel.

Again referencing my first post.

--------------------

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9322232 - 11/27/08 01:35 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

You can have standing water with perlight too... there is still big enough gaps between grains for air to pass through. personally if I used perlight in a PMP, I wouldn't have he water level flush with the perlight level like with geo. I would have water level 1/2 way up the depth of the perlight. The wands/stones would still be submerged in water, and you would get the benefits of both humidification types. Along with the idea that the oxygen would be rising till it escapes out of the top ventilation holes, pushing the Co2 out. I'm not saying this is the way it has to be done, just a nifty/smarter choice imo.

Since the air is passing through the water, the air bubble is filled with some humidity vapors. when it reaches the water surface area, it releases the humidity into the chamber, delivering FAE, and rh...

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

Invisiblenw_shroomy
NoN-stranger
 User Gallery

#9322234 - 11/27/08 01:36 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Couldnt find one?Maybe because It would no longer be a PMP?The OP posted he built a PMP not a freaken tub with perlite in it.
Quote:

Apposed to dangling from some other guys dick, waiting for them to tell you what to do

:whatever:

--------------------
Spawn Ratio Calculator
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7803673#7803673
I only grow edibles.Any info I give ONLY applies to gourmet mushrooms.

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: PMP HELP [Re: nw_shroomy]
    #9322256 - 11/27/08 01:41 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Someones angry.:lol:

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags