Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineyoungblood
God of the Sea
Male

Loc: uhhh god of the sea...
Mycobag question (pics)
    #9312189 - 11/25/08 05:02 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

So I'm currently in about week 4 of my grow, everything is going very smoothly with these tms mycobags. My question is should I go ahead and message this bag to encourage and speed up growth. The pictures below of one bag, my most colonized bag, but the others are close. So what do you guys think smash or no smash?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Mycobag question (pics) [Re: youngblood]
    #9312224 - 11/25/08 05:08 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I mixed my bag at Day 12, and 4-5 days later it was COMPLETELY white.  I put it into fruiting right after that and I'm waiting on pins now.  I had mixed responses on whether to mix or not.  Some said wait, some said do it.  If you have aggressive myc. you should definitely be OK like I was. 

And don't be afraid w/ it - I spent a good few minutes mixing, spreading the myc. everywhere.  The myc. is rock hard, and I broke each piece up as much as I could, which is what you want.  I was kinda scared, cuz all the white disappeared after - but 4 days later I was like DAMN!

Offlineyoungblood
God of the Sea
Male

Loc: uhhh god of the sea...
Re: Mycobag question (pics) [Re: J3illy]
    #9312393 - 11/25/08 05:37 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Ha, ya this specific bag has been quite aggressive so i might go ahead and do it however i would like to keep all of my bags at the same stage. I'm going out of town for the holiday so I'm not going to do anything until i get back. Do you think there is a point where it would actually be harmful to mix (cause it has colonized so much)

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Mycobag question (pics) [Re: youngblood]
    #9312410 - 11/25/08 05:41 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Looking at that bag, it looks pretty much right where mine was at - 35-40%.  IT's a perfect time to mix, cuz you could have it fully colonized in a week if you do it right.  Waiting for it to finish, gonna take way longer I would think.  A point where I wouldn't mix is like 75% maybe - but that bag ain't near that yet.

And you have nothing to worry about going outta town.  The bags don't need any care at all, and it's not gonna be doin nothing for a while.  My bag has been 100% rock hard for over a week now, and still no pins, although looking at the sub it looks damn close.

This was my bag at Day 12 - and even tho it looks far along - the back was entirely uncolonized, more than half actually.  IT was only the front which I figured was a lil less than 40%

OfflineStimpy913
Happy Happy Joy Joy
 User Gallery
    #9313025 - 11/25/08 07:39 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah when they get above 20% colonized, mix it all up. This puts live mycellium everywhere in the bag so it won't have to work its way 1 grain at a time, its much faster to mix (just like shaking jars).  After a good mix, it'll take 2-3 days for the myc to repair itself, and another 2-3 days for it to colonize all the stuff around it since its evenly distributed. I'm talking about mixing at 30%+/-.

--------------------
How to talk to cops

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Mycobag question (pics) [Re: Stimpy913]
    #9313068 - 11/25/08 07:44 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I'm starting to believe that mixing really does slow the bag down alot.  Like I said I mixed on Day 12 and it looked fully colonized 4 days later.  Here I am now on Day 25 and still no pins.  I have 3 other bags now on Day 16, and since the myc. is still moving along, I'm gonna just leave them alone, and not mix unless I hit a roadblock.  Even tho my bag looked 100% 5 days later, there was no way the myc. was even close to fully repaired.

Edited by J3illy (11/25/08 08:28 PM)

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
    #9313375 - 11/25/08 08:26 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

if the bag is fully colonized then take the colonized substarate out of the bag and put it in a rubermaid bin with perlite or geolite and fan 3 times a day.

There is not much of a contam possibility once the substrate s colonized.

I did this years ago with my mycobags after they were colonized for about a month and then all of the sudden....pins!

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Mycobag question (pics) [Re: Shnezbit]
    #9313407 - 11/25/08 08:29 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shnezbit said:
if the bag is fully colonized then take the colonized substarate out of the bag and put it in a rubermaid bin with perlite or geolite and fan 3 times a day.

Na I'm not gonna do that.  The reason I got bags was to fruit right inside, and I know you definitely can w/ these kind.  My next grow is gonna be a couple mini dub-tubs, but I'm not gonna use bags for that. 

And wow, after just looking at those bags that are on Day 16 - I'm DEF. not mixing them.  I hadn't looked at them for a few days, and the sub blocks are ROCK hard.  They're definitely over 50%, maybe even 60%.  And these are the bags w/ the 4 inoc. points - 2 in the front, 2 in the rear.  As I've said you can't reach the rear points w/ the needle - so you just squirt it right back there.  These bags are in such better shape as my 1st bags that I only noc'ed in the front.  I basically HAD to mix that bag, cuz the myc. wasn't moving back - but these bags, wow they're doing great.  I will also say this - for the 1st 14 days I didn't realize how WARM the bottoms of the bags were, so I made some changes to the setup, elevating the box above the stereo - and I can 100% say that they've grown BETTER w/ the temp brought town a little bit.  The air temp around the boxes has always been mid 70's, but the bottoms had to have been over 80 when I noticed that.

OfflineStimpy913
Happy Happy Joy Joy
 User Gallery
    #9313464 - 11/25/08 08:37 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

J3LLy i've been growing for 5 years now and can assure you that fresh air is the most important part of fruiting.  I've never used a bag before (to fruit from ) but honest to god you'd be better off at 100% bag colonization just crumbling it all up real good, (spawn or don't spawn) then case it, and fruit it in a real simple chamber that provides fresh air.  Fresh air is the most important thing with fruiting cubensis. Fresh air will prevent contamination, increase humidity, and shrooms are just like you and me. Ever open up a tub or chamber to smell it after a day of neglect? Yeah i wouldn't want to be breathing that shit in either.  Plants and shrooms are opposites in breathing. Plants breathe in co2, and exhale oxygen.  Shrooms need to breathe in oxygen, and will exhale co2.    I don't see why you'd keep shit in a bag to fruit unless its purely a neglect dont give a shit type deal.  The shrooms will not be healthy if all they have is a filter patch with tyvek or polyfil or some filtration device, they need fresh air or they will take a long ass time to start pinning, and won't be very robust when they mature.

--------------------
How to talk to cops

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9313605 - 11/25/08 08:56 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I know exactly what you mean - I know I'd get better yields, yada yada - I'm not after that.  This is my 1st grow and I'm content using the bags getting 1/2 oz per bag if I'm lucky. 

I've scoured this site like CRAZY and seen many many many successful grows in bags - pics and everything.  I've talked to all the successful bag users like Menace, Fooman, Cervantes, and some others - and they've all proven how successful these bags can be.  Have you ever seen some of Menace's fruits, the 22g dry one?  Those were in BAGS!  So yes the bags somehow manage to get enough FAE thru the patch.  PLUS I fan a box-flap in front of the bags quite often throughout the day.  And every couple days I physically pick them up, and pull on the sides which sucks new air into em.

I like being totally content right now not having to do anything else, and just being able to watch.  I have 4 successful bags right now, and I'm positive I'm gonna get something, and that's all I care about.  Next time, yea I'm gonna step things up.  But for now, I'm totally OK w/ this.

EDIT: And I just took a really close look at my 100% bag under the light, while getting some FAE into it - there's knots ALL OVER the surface, and alot of those crystalline looking things that I see on bulk-subs sometimes.  IT's looking good. :smile:

Edited by J3illy (11/25/08 09:03 PM)

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
    #9318432 - 11/26/08 06:15 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I agree here.

With my experience with the bags they produce very few "skinny" tiny fruits. Once I took the substrate out and put them in a simple chamber with FAE they sprouted ridiculous.

But let us know if you have a better experience keeping them in the bag.

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Mycobag question (pics) [Re: Shnezbit]
    #9318468 - 11/26/08 06:23 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I'll definitely update w/ pics and weights.  What I like is the fact that I have only 1 bag in fruiting conditions right now.  The other 3 are a couple wks behind - so if I do end up getting shitty results w/ the 1st 1, I can do something differently w/ the other 3.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck