Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehappygrins
addict

Loc: Shroomery
P. Cubensis ZZZing Strain??
    #931839 - 10/04/02 12:26 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Ok.. If this is the wrong forum then moderators, please move..

Anyhow a friend was wondering what these STRONG/INTENSE shocks you get in you head with P. Cubensis strains.  Hes experienced it in many..  Eq's, Pesa, PR, and now Cambodian..    He says hes just tripping along and then there are these waves that kind of wake him up..  Many of his friends have experienced the same thing..    Has anyone else experienced this?..  Is this only significant  to the P.Cubensis?.. 

Thanks

--happygrins :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: happygrins]
    #931875 - 10/04/02 12:40 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: P. Cubensis ZZZing Strain?? [Re: vatoloco]
    #931891 - 10/04/02 12:45 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Every once in awhile if you try too ..........you can smell brain cells frying  ! :blush: :grin: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: P. Cubensis ZZZing Strain?? [Re: happygrins]
    #931893 - 10/04/02 12:45 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I agree w/ Vatoloco, you might want an ice pack for that :cool:

My theory is that the psilocybin is metabolised in waves as MAO is released from whatever gland releases it. That is a far fetched idea however, I have nothing other than your melting brain to back it up.

Joshua 

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Offlinehappygrins
addict

Re: P. Cubensis ZZZing Strain?? [Re: Joshua]
    #931964 - 10/04/02 01:09 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hahha..  ok..  going for the Ice-pk...    So no one else has ever experienced this?..  Seriously??

Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: happygrins]
    #931977 - 10/04/02 01:13 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Offlineakyouser_oner
unclefuckerextrordinaire

Loc: standing in the shadows a...
    #931988 - 10/04/02 01:19 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i just always figured i was trippin!

--------------------
-akyouser.oner
<(((((((((((((((@~~~

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
    #931989 - 10/04/02 01:19 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i have felt waves on other drugs. my personal opinion is that it is something cosmic/spiritual/metaphysical as groups of us have felt them simultaneously. not that it couldn't be "group insanity", but i notice the same thing on different substances, LSD and shrooms specifically. and i'm not very "superstitious", so it takes a leap for me to come to such conclusions.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Offlinehappygrins
addict

#931990 - 10/04/02 01:19 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Ok..  So is there any way to correct this?..  Would it be better to eat in tablets/pills other than whole mushrooms so your stomach digests it more evenly?..  Hmm

OfflineLilMerlin
Life magicapprentice
Loc: Europe.
    #931997 - 10/04/02 01:23 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

What do you mean by STRONG/INTENSE shocks?

LilMerlin, who wants to think about it.

--------------------
"Five grams in silent darkness." T. McKenna
Why take more? Take different!

Offlinehappygrins
addict

Re: P. Cubensis ZZZing Strain?? [Re: LilMerlin]
    #932024 - 10/04/02 01:28 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Lets see.. (((this has been experienced on Low(1 - 2 grams) and High doses(4 - 7 grams))))  but they just seem to really Wake you up while your tripping..  Like and  Open Eye Wake up call sort of.  Even coming down from them this has occured l ike if you lay down on your bed and close your eyes and try to relax once inawhile youll get these intense waves in your brain..  Hmm..  you would defently know them if you got them.. 

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: P. Cubensis ZZZing Strain?? [Re: LilMerlin]
    #932040 - 10/04/02 01:32 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I've felt them before.
Waves of cosmic energy. Incremental metabolism of active chemicals. Disturbances in the force. Sensitivity to higher dimensional wavelengths. Messages from the teacher. Brain cells frying. Brain melting. Virbrations in the Collective Unconcious.

Call them what you will. They are a common occurance and only you can give them meaning from the context of your experience and ideology.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlinehappygrins
addict

Re: P. Cubensis ZZZing Strain?? [Re: mycofile]
    #932056 - 10/04/02 01:36 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Ahh..  ((whip face))) so im not the only one :crazy:

Does this happen with all active mushrooms?.. 
Would putting them in pills/tables alter this in any way?

thanks

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: P. Cubensis ZZZing Strain?? [Re: mycofile]
    #932381 - 10/04/02 03:21 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Mycofile...I like your interpretation.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineLilMerlin
Life magicapprentice
Loc: Europe.
    #932584 - 10/04/02 04:37 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Look, I've felt the waves only once, and I felt them well. So, I think I know what you are talking about. That time, I was on 3 gr. with 3gr Paganum Harmala (MAOi)ingested an hour before. I felt them strongly as I was alone in nature looking at the beautiful landscape soon invaded by the visions.

The thing is, I used much more Pan. Cyan and it really never did it to me. I can imagine that it can happen at the onset (up to 2 hours after ingestion), but really can't think of anything like that at any other moment of the trip.

Also, I recently ate my own shrooms (GCs) and it was powerful but I didn't feel the waves I felt the above-mentionned time with Paganum Harmala. This makes me think that the time I felt it, was the only time I ate my shrooms plain. All the other times, I grinded them and let them in either hot water or cold water with lemon juice. Do you ingest your shrooms always the same way? Did you already try the Panaeolus kind?

Joshua's digestion theory looks like an interesting one. I have a slight variation: the waves in the beginning are the result of progressive assimilation of the mushrooms flesh into the blood-stream. The stomac probably works rythmically and the ingestion phases are more prominent with shrooms because mycelium is a difficult substance to decompose (that's an assumption on my behalf!). This would explain why my usual method of ingestion doesn't produce those waves at the onset.

However, my experience does invalidate Joshua's (and Vatoloco's, if it's the same!?) theory as I ingested MAOis and waited until I felt their effect before eating shrooms. That means that MAOs could not work at the precise moment I felt the waves most strongly.

Secondly, if indeed the psilocybin is broken down into an inactive substance by MAOs, the waves you feel are not the effect of something strong pushing higher but waves of inhibition of what could otherwise be a non-stop up and up and up without disontinuity :smile:.

While I read your post it thought about the same as  mycofile :
Quote:

Call them what you will. They are a common occurance and only you can give them meaning from the context of your experience and ideology.

... except that I don't think it's a matter of giving them meaning, because that's already what you're doing. Listening seems to me a better solution.

You should go back and listen more carefully, be attentive to what it really produces in your mind, what you feel, what you think when it happens. And what the heck if you don't know what it is. It's better not to know and be aware of that fact than think it is something it is not and change your mind every month.

In a way, when you don't know anymore, you start knowing.

LilMerlin.

--------------------
"Five grams in silent darkness." T. McKenna
Why take more? Take different!

OfflinetelefunkenU47
numerator
Loc: cartoon planet
    #932587 - 10/04/02 04:38 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i'm pretty sure it has to do with metabolism, but you might want to consult a pharmaceutical pathologist on that one.  i've always taken it as a message from the big electron.  everytime i think, "everything's cool.  i'm in control of this," he smacks me on the back of the head and says, "no my son, you are still tripping balls."

i don't know that caplets would really change the effects that much.  i do know, however, that tea will get a hold of you hard and fast and make you its bitch. :grin: 

--------------------
Central Scrutinizer:
This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...
That was Joe's first confrontation with The Law.
Naturally, we were easy on him.
One of our friendly counselors gave him
A do-nut...and told him to
Stick closer to church-oriented social activities.

-Frank Zappa's "Joe's Garage"

OfflineFATT
Farmer Ted
Loc: cow field,under a pie
    #932727 - 10/04/02 06:00 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

My bro ate them once, and he blacked out and had a minor seizer. he hasnt done them since

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Trusted Cultivator
Re: P. Cubensis ZZZing Strain?? [Re: Joshua]
    #932738 - 10/04/02 06:02 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

No No No...Vatoloco had it right to start with, its your brain melting for sure!  :wink:

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains