Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibledr_gonz

#9303484 - 11/24/08 11:18 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemuddypotter
duke o fearl
Male User Gallery

Loc: shit land Flag
Re: Help me understand Jesus Christ's ability to save [Re: dr_gonz]
    #9304084 - 11/24/08 01:10 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Fear ignorance etc. The bible was a book of morals only.  There is no god but I do have a dog. That's my view neway. Seein is believin

OfflineRedrawing
Psychonaut

#9304127 - 11/24/08 01:19 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dr_gonz said:
it's what they were taught.

I can't see any other reason.

--------------------

I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it, but now that dream is over and the insect is awake

OfflineTrepiodos
Disgustipated
 User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles County Jail
    #9312044 - 11/25/08 04:42 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Programming of the human bio-computer.  GIGO.

--------------------

And as things fell apart,
Nobody paid much attention...

- David Byrne, '(Nothing But) Flowers' from the Talking Heads' album, 'Naked'

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #9312763 - 11/25/08 06:54 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I was raised in a Reformed Jewish household by an atheist mother and a father who helped build a synagogue in our town. I was taught standard Hebrew prayers from early childhood, but I was not told that God could be spoken to directly as a form of prayer. Nor was I taught to prayer for others, or for my material concerns. I originally reached out in prayer at a very early age, primarily from childhood fears, just as 'ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny' in other domains: me, as primitive human repeated what humankind did in its infancy.

Later in life, as a boy, I was sometimes awed as I looked to the sky. The 'sky god, Varuna in Hindu mythology was named, almost certainly, by a young humanity. Egyptians must have felt similarly comforted by the belly of Nuit as the night sky. It wasn't until somewhere at the end of high school/early college that I began to have artistic visions and dreams involving the crucified Jesus. I submerged these as I read The Satanic Bible and then moved into occultism before turning East (after early acid trips). Three quarters through college, all my previous experiences, plus the deep study of NeoPlatonism and Yoga philosophies began me praying again: prayers of thanksgiving and contemplative prayers more than petitionary prayers.

Philosophy led me to theology and the seminary, and a prayer life has been at the core of my inner development since then (1976). Synchronicities (Tom Wolff's god "Cosmo") and impossibly coincidental results to petitionary prayer merely fed the passion, though of course, just as in the cases of Paul and Jesus, prayers aren't always fulfilled in the way we envision them to be.

Regardless of the type of prayer, a transcendental attitude is in effect. If one sees only the mental or lingusitic behaviors, those are merely the phenomenal trappings of an inner transrational, transpersonal and transcendental communion with the Eternal substratum of existence. At least this is how a philosophical theologian might express the process. If one is rooted in one's senses (like the dog someone mentioned) and have only little sequential bits of experience  to piece together with the strictly rational mind, which is good at creating 'efficient' (Aristotelian) causes, but who entirely misses the possibility of an 'Absolute Cause,' then my heart goes out to that one. Such people will never be  fulfilled human beings because they prevent all that Energy from enlivening them. Just look at all the rich, messed up celebrities in their material excesses - along with their juvenile relationships, drug addictions, idiosyncrasies which get them arrested, etc. The Good Book did point out "Mammon" (money) as the number one idol, and love of this idol as the root of all evil.
Transcendence is how we are raised to full human stature.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order