Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Sub-Breakthrough DMT
    #9296163 - 11/23/08 07:15 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Ive only 'broken through' three of times from DMT, despite smoking it on numerous occasions. When I say breakthrough, I mean that with my eyes open, I am completely surrounded by visual forms that do not at all resemble the place I am actually in.

First time, was the first time I smoked DMT, and I barely remember much of it at all, but one of the elusive entities just seemed to just be playing a sort of bullfight with me where it would wave amazing things before me and around me but as i would focus into them, it would slither (like liquid veins or a long dancing ribbon) off and leave me looking into infinity. The infinities slowly gave way into more of a tangible environment and then i went around checkin the place out, absolutely amazed by the things i was seeing.

second time, i loaded a huge amount, more than I was going to smoke..  dropped the pipe as i became suspended in this endless space full of electric glowing wires and coloured streams. I was in the presence of some grand entity, its presence simply surrounding me from all directions. but it was not connecting to me... i was very alone.. I had a stream of thoughts that completely turned all of my pride around and shook all of my values in science, knowlege, human's conquest for understanding... the streams multiplied and showed strange illusions between them as this was going on (though its hard to remember that sort of detail now) but slowly flickered away and merged back together and eventually morphed back into my familiar room.. though i was feelin pretty shaken i just tried to get to sleep. The grand presence seemed to have its back turned from me, except that it seemed to be in agreement with the stream of thoughts that I had. I cant really distinguish whether it was telling me this or if I was thinking this and it was aknowleging it..

and third time i just sort of crawled over to a matress and seemed to be peering through all time.. i cant remember it much but i felt myself extend beyond any of the features in the room, for my mind to sort of 'spread' throughout time and space (i dunno its all rlly fkn weird) and I wasnt really thinking anything.. eventually consistency started occuring amongst the universe and as i inspected it, i saw it 'sink' into place as familiar objects..

BUT most times I smoke DMT i just have real intense trips and still consider myself to 'be' in the room I smoked it in.. even if that room has completely changed.

most of the time I have a really amazing trip, 'sub breakthrough'.

I dont hear people talk much of this sub breakthrough level of dmt.

And I also dont think my 'breakthroughs' have been nearly as vividly 'otherworldly' as many people report.

I know I need to probably smoke more but I usually just dont..

at any rate, DMT is still the most impressive psychedelic experience, regardless of breakthrough

whats yo deals yo?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Sub-Breakthrough DMT [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9296183 - 11/23/08 07:23 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

sounds like my experiences with salvia.
though i writhe, i writhe on anything good - habit.

i aim below breakthrough...
below immaterial (loss of connection to body/space)
I overshoot this level less than 10%

people ask me whay I go so often,
it is to refresh, and to reconnect.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineShroomingChaos
Fellow Fungi Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Sub-Breakthrough DMT [Re: redgreenvines]
    #9296256 - 11/23/08 08:00 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I can't wait to have eye opening visuals like that once I start extracting DMT around here for users to try.

--------------------

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: Sub-Breakthrough DMT [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #9296293 - 11/23/08 08:19 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry for posting this in the philosophy forum btw

I think it is pretty hard to find the universe an uninteresting idea after DMT

--------------------

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

#9296359 - 11/23/08 08:48 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think you have to apologize for where you posted this.  Something like this should be posted wherever you feel it fits best.

That's pretty cool that you were able to retain that much from your breakthrough experiences though.

I came really close the one time but still haven't gone all the way yet, myself.  But I love sub-breakthrough dmt.  I think if I had an endless supply of spice, I would probably just breakthrough once or twice.  Then I might stick with the sub-breakthrough doses for the rest of my life.

A lot of people don't see the point in continuing to smoke spice but I'd do it just for the fun of it.

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: Sub-Breakthrough DMT [Re: truffleupagus]
    #9301578 - 11/24/08 12:46 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i dont feel like i remember much at all, considering the reports most people give about breaking through...

DMT followers all seem to be about the breakthrough and the othe reality and stuff

but to me it is more of a psychedelic like the rest, just way more intense and shortlived, allowing for much more of an enigma to be wrapped around whatever conception is left coming out of the trip, with much less cognitive clarity

eg walking through a house on dmt and having each room 'come alive' and invite me in, morphing and changing all over, like all the objects are partyin together, merging, seperating, generating, dancing, raping eachother mindlessly but mindfully.. like.. emotionless except for intrigue, humour, irony, etc

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#9302172 - 11/24/08 04:33 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i think breakthrough orientation is juvenile.
i like what you are doing with your house.

--------------------

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #9302337 - 11/24/08 06:32 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I've also had three "breakthrough" DMT trips, but I don't think the intensity of a DMT trip is as simple as "breakthrough" or "non." I use your criteria for the term breakthrough - all these trips involved total replacement of external physical reality with the hallucinatory internal world.

However, only one of these trips involved a total disconnect from reality and the very vivid sensation of my human person being utterly annihilated. It was a fairly difficult trip, because I resisted - I reacted to the come-up as though I were suffocating, taking deep gasping breaths as my body and everything around it melted. The trip that followed is murky in my memory, probably because of how I clung to life as I'd known it, interrupting the infinite barrage of psychedelia to ask myself, "Am I dead? Or am I in the womb?" Nothing else seemed sufficient to explain what was happening to me.

However, what I remember is a lot more out-there than anything I can really describe. I visited worlds within worlds within worlds. Every surface was a link to another dimension, ad infinitum; even so it all had structure, shape, which could be navigated, if you could call it that. It felt like about a hundred years had passed when I came down; I was genuinely surprised that my body was still around.

The other two "breakthroughs" swept up my entire world in visuals, and yet I remained aware of my physical body and the drug I was on, and there was far less substance and content to the experience than the one described above. They are easier to remember, but there is far less to actually remember of them.

DMT's effects are very intense at any dose, but there IS a threshold where reality just kind of turns itself inside out, and it feels like the natural state of things. Time and space lose the meaning they once held and you no longer perceive your "self" as anything other than a shell being illuminated from within by awareness. That threshold is actually somewhere beyond the point of not being able to see past the visuals anymore, believe it or not.

I do like the lower doses, though. How everything comes alive in vibrant wriggling pastels. One time my living room turned into a snake which then lunged at me! Exciting stuff.

So I would say that you should smoke more when you feel like it. I don't blame you your trepidation; you should keep it as an adviser until you don't need it anymore. You'll notice I haven't repeated my single truly earthshattering dosage yet.

Edited by Tchan909 (11/24/08 06:53 AM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Sub-Breakthrough DMT [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #9302362 - 11/24/08 06:50 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

the breakthrough itself is not juvenile,
it's the bragging about it and compulsion to go, to return, and to brag, and then to taunt - that is what I meant by juvenile, sorry.

it can be very fulfilling, in a private way.
the whole cosmos private and not private at the same time.
then again
i do not know dmt
i know salvia
mush
lsd

--------------------

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #9302381 - 11/24/08 07:02 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Makes sense.

I feel like salvia's effects are actually quite similar to DMT's, but the trip is more about "feeling" than spacial/visual perception. The other worlds you visit are not so much directly seen (as with DMT and its kin at very high doses) as they are holistically extrapolated by your imagination... does that make any sense?

Then again, my experience with salvia is fairly limited.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (11/24/08 07:20 AM)

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

#9302488 - 11/24/08 07:53 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
the breakthrough itself is not juvenile,
it's the bragging about it and compulsion to go, to return, and to brag, and then to taunt - that is what I meant by juvenile, sorry.

it can be very fulfilling, in a private way.
the whole cosmos private and not private at the same time.
then again
i do not know dmt
i know salvia
mush
lsd

haha damn bro u gotta try it

though ive not tried salvia

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #9302669 - 11/24/08 08:52 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I think salvia is more powerful than a locomotive, faster than a speeding bullet, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. DMT is ok too.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Sub-Breakthrough DMT [Re: Icelander] * 1
    #9303150 - 11/24/08 10:19 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Neither comes close to a mouthful of habanero peppers.

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Sub-Breakthrough DMT (moved) [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9303233 - 11/24/08 10:31 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

This thread was moved from Philosophy & Spirituality.

Reason:
No P&S topic proposed for discussion. 

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: Sub-Breakthrough DMT (moved) [Re: Veritas]
    #9303293 - 11/24/08 10:42 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

And here, I ask people to consider the OP

--------------------

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: Sub-Breakthrough DMT (moved) [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9305684 - 11/24/08 05:56 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I prefer Deemsters over salvia although both have their perks.

DMT is more impressive and alaround more enjoyable.

Salvia is terrifying in a way and not usaully very visaully impressive.
Also salvia is very uncomfortable.
Even so salvia scares the shit out of me and this tends to teach me many things about myself.

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: Sub-Breakthrough DMT (moved) [Re: awesomebastard]
    #9307900 - 11/24/08 10:18 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

lol i thought this would get more responses in the psychedelic forum than in teh philosophy forum...
unless it is onlny philosophers who enjoy sub-breakthrough DMT :tongue2:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom