Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinered panda
supernewb
Male

Loc: down in the D
huge greenhouse plans!
    #9300558 - 11/23/08 09:44 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

so here is my idea on a great big greenhouse with lots of room to grow in.

here is the actual greenhouse:

its 56"x56"x78"
i plan to install a section of  vent tubing,fitted with this vacuum replacement hepa filter

the filter will be on the outside of the greenhouse, inside i plan to use a fan to pull fresh air
in through the filter to the greenhouse. i think i will bring the vent to about the center of the greenhouse and have some way to defuse the air, perhaps another filter of some kind.
here is the fan

i have 4' flouro lighting that will be mounted to the underside of each shelf
then i think i will be using a 5gal bucket with a pond fogger inside. attaching some pvc tubing to
bring the fog up near the top of the greenhouse, then running the length from back to front with some holes in it to better distribute the humidity.
here is the fogger

so thats it. i will have this going in the next week or so. i will be posting the finished product when ready.
i plan to control climate with a nice multifunctional timer for the humididty and another small timer for lighting, and i think the fan will stay on all the time. perhaps use some kinda speed control. maybe wire in a light dimmer, will that work?

thanks in advance for any feedback:grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOmnicracker
Crusted Trolltivator

Loc: Wal-Merica
Trusted Cultivator
Re: huge greenhouse plans! [Re: red panda]
    #9300647 - 11/23/08 09:56 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

some points to consider.  if you are making tubing and vents anyway, you might consider multiple smaller greenhouses. 

if something gets contams, everything in there is going to get spored if youre not quick enough to notice.  and thats a big room = lots of ruined substrate. 

Speaking of contams, youre covered in them.  are you sure you want to be able to walk around in your greenhouse.  if you have that thing even half full, you will be in there all the time.  its hard to keep clean all the time.  isolate them, then your not gusting contams with every move you make. 

ive also found that a full greenhouse is easier to keep at ideal conditions.  thats a shit ton of work to fill that whole thing up. 

lastly, regardless of what you decide to do, consider having one nice bright flouro at the top of that room.  that would be plenty of light and make for more uniform growing, as far as direction in concerned. 

i went through this whole thing a few years ago and opted out of it for said reasons,  among others.

--------------------

xxx..Learn Something..xxx

InvisibleOmnicracker
Crusted Trolltivator

Trusted Cultivator
Re: huge greenhouse plans! [Re: Omnicracker]
    #9300666 - 11/23/08 09:58 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

on closer inspection, youre way out of your league.

--------------------

InvisibleJean-Luc Picard
I only wish i was this good!
 User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico, USA Flag
    #9300712 - 11/23/08 10:04 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

dude i would love to build something like this...im always thinking about how i would set something like this up. I have looked at a couple of designs... I'm thinking about designing a whole basement clean room eventually, with half being a workroom and half being a giant fruiting chamber, with a divider in between....

ahh dreaming is so awesome...i have to get a house with a basement before i can realize my dream though...:rolleyes:

--------------------
The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you - NDT

OfflinePsuper
Psilocybin

Loc: PNW
Re: huge greenhouse plans! [Re: Jean-Luc Picard]
    #9300734 - 11/23/08 10:09 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Is this just going to be out in the yard or what?  Can I come over and pick mushrooms for you? ~Pixie~

--------------------
Clinical Management of High Dose Psilocybin Sessions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbHOTIqjZLk

Offlinered panda
supernewb
Male

#9300785 - 11/23/08 10:17 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Omnicracker said:
on closer inspection, youre way out of your league.

thanks for the input omni, and what are you basing this opinion on may i ask? is it because im fairly new to the forum?
at any rate i will consider your input just the same.
thanks

Offlinefungiamongi2
pharmer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9300825 - 11/23/08 10:26 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

just a guess, as im not actually gonna do it, but he probably searched for your post and deduced his statement from there

--------------------
gonna bring her a kiss, make those blues run

Offlinered panda
supernewb
Male

Re: huge greenhouse plans! [Re: fungiamongi2]
    #9300916 - 11/23/08 10:46 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fungiamongi2 said:
just a guess, as im not actually gonna do it, but he probably searched for your post and deduced his statement from there

and this is fine, but to judge weather or not i can make a successful greenhouse, simply by a quick search of posts i have made seems a bit unfair. I have done my homework and only ask questions when i have exhausted most other options. however I am well aware of my inexperience in some respects, but i feel very confident that this (with some tweaking) will be a successful setup.

i do understand the skepticism, but i would think that i would find encouragement, perhaps in another direction. but to simply write me off as "out of my league" seems a bit insulting...but whatever, i will push on and find the answers that will help me in my endeavors.

Edited by red panda (11/23/08 10:48 PM)

Offline4 ho cultivar
Transcending plains
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central, Oregon {represen...
    #9301744 - 11/24/08 01:26 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

ive run into this a couple times.  you try to be inventive.  and everybody says your in over your head or whatever.  dude. just keep a straight head and forge your own path. fuck, do think society{and mushi cultivation}  has progressed because of a bunch of followers......?

--------------------
:mushroom2::crazy2::mushroom2::crazy2::Patience be thy virtue:crazy2::mushroom2::crazy2::mushroom2:

Blurring the line between reality and dreams
Mr. Winkie says: "Procrastinators unite................................tommorrow!!:ganja:
G.Kahuna said: "Plus you get all the fun from taking a walk {and} shooting mycelium at cow droppings with a super soaker. Now beat that!":cuteshit:

Offline4 ho cultivar
Transcending plains
Male User Gallery

Re: huge greenhouse plans! [Re: 4 ho cultivar]
    #9301749 - 11/24/08 01:27 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

heed the warning of experts though. :thumbup::smile:

--------------------
:mushroom2::crazy2::mushroom2::crazy2::Patience be thy virtue:crazy2::mushroom2::crazy2::mushroom2:

Mr. Winkie says: "Procrastinators unite................................tommorrow!!:ganja:
G.Kahuna said: "Plus you get all the fun from taking a walk {and} shooting mycelium at cow droppings with a super soaker. Now beat that!":cuteshit:

Offline4 ho cultivar
Transcending plains
Male User Gallery

#9301790 - 11/24/08 01:36 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I was in the process of building an 8x,8x8 foot room. but upon further thinking' i came to the conclusion that:  less chance of contaminating all of you room, if you have them separated....it keeps the humidity contained better{less noise, less electricity, etc}, like omni cracker stated, fully loaded, a Martha is easier  to keep humidity up  and keep perfect conditions.  To fuel a room that big  you would need  multiple cool mist and a sonic fogger or two. You would have to drape the shelves in plastic to try and contain the humidity or  have to get the WHOLE thing up to spec. that would suck.  my .02$

i think multiple Martha's is the way to  go....

--------------------

Edited by 4 ho cultivar (11/24/08 01:36 AM)

InvisibleJean-Luc Picard
I only wish i was this good!
 User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico, USA Flag
    #9302314 - 11/24/08 06:13 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Well i know that when i post i like suggestions, not major 180's from the original...I say if you want to build this, then do it. i would probably try and build a small annex (small room) in front of the main door that can be sealed off from both the greenhouse and the outside world that you can maybe oust or Lysol yourself down (im sure you can do some research on clean rooms to find better info than from me :wink:) You could also design the greenhouse air tight (or as close to air tight as you can get it) and but a hepa filter in-line with the incoming air ducts, then run a larger fan than neccessary so that you have a slight positive pressure in the room relative to the annex and outside world. This way all openings in the greenhouse have clean air escaping outward vs. dirty air creeping inwards, Thus severely limiting or maybe even eliminating the problem of contams being introduced from the outside. I also know that if you are worried about humidity they make humidity controllers/ thermostats that cost anywhere from 50 to 100 dollars that can mount somewhere inside the greenhouse and only turn on the humidifier when it drops below a set level (i think the set level maxes out around 95% RH) You could also set this up for temperature control using a mixing box that recircs air from the greenhouse and mixes in filtered fresh air from the outsider in this mix box, but that is getting a little on the complicated side, with control dampers and the amount of ducting, and those hepa filters get expensive yo.

Hope this helps, goodluck man post pics when you get it built :grin::thumbup:
agmotes165

--------------------
The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you - NDT

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: huge greenhouse plans! [Re: Jean-Luc Picard]
    #9302404 - 11/24/08 07:17 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Dont bother with the hepa, fruiting chambers dont need to be sterile.

Fresh air exchange is more important than trying to filter out contaminants.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinej.guit.err
Success-er

Re: huge greenhouse plans! [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9302483 - 11/24/08 07:50 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

You thought about just a martha first? It's a lot more manageable and still grows a shitload!

--------------------
"We can't trust the sword of a thousand truths to a newb!"
-Looking for prints, anything will do besides B Plus and EQ!
-PM me your offers!

Invisibledoze
Stranger

Re: huge greenhouse plans! [Re: j.guit.err]
    #9302765 - 11/24/08 09:11 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

or even a couple of monotubs

--------------------
But I'll bounce back for mine is a heart made of iron forged in the darkest smithy of despair! Alloyed with hate and melancholy! corroded by anger! oxidized by fury!

InvisibleOmnicracker
Crusted Trolltivator

Trusted Cultivator
Re: huge greenhouse plans! [Re: doze]
    #9302828 - 11/24/08 09:26 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

looky here panda pants.  do you recall that first post where i sincerely answered your question and gave some first hand advice on the subject.  real advice. 
then upon closer inspection of who i was actually talking to, i decided that this was not in your best interest. 
but for some reason one honest comment can spoil an entire dialogue.   

i NEVER doubted you ability to waste time and money building this thing, because you are right.  it would work.  you could get the humidity up in the room, with plenty of fae, maybe with another fogger.    THATS NOT THE POINT.  you dont need all that.

i at one time was running 3 marthas FULL. (this was after i decided not to make one big room.)  it worked great.  but my point is, it was pretty much a full time job, and would have been a disaster without 10 years of growing experience.  and was still barely able to get all three filled and running smoothly.  and when the contams started to come, i could isolate them all in 1 martha, that i would open last of the 3 when i came to check.  then bleach/water spray the area.  i just dont think you could fathom how much work you'd be setting yourself up for.

So, if you want to get your big GH, do like agmotes said, and put a divider over one wall/shelf, and clear out the rest of the space for a Clean room to do all your work in. 

GOOD LUCK

--------------------

Edited by Omnicracker (11/24/08 09:44 AM)

Offlinered panda
supernewb
Male

#9305459 - 11/24/08 05:14 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

omni, i do respect your opinion and appreciate your suggestions, and have taken them into consideration. i apologize if i seem defensive, i would not want to breakdown communication with you and others who have the experience and suggestions that will be great help as i progress in my hobby. perhaps i am in over my head, and you are right it is your honest opinion, and are entitled to it. and thank you for sharing it. i will be happy to keep you up to date with my progress.

Offlinehunter4321
Cultivator (Training)
 User Gallery

#9305571 - 11/24/08 05:38 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

just quit fighting and fucking start building the damn thing already!!!

--------------------

I have Golden Teacher prints for trade, 2nd generation of a very fast and dense strain,and PES Amazon prints, PM me if you are interested.

OfflineBassgasm
Bassgasmic

Loc: Valley of the cache.
Re: huge greenhouse plans! [Re: hunter4321]
    #9305854 - 11/24/08 06:20 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

oohrah brother.

--------------------
" PREPARE, to get more stonder!"

" Boo ".." It's Gobble you dumb ass Halloween was a month ago!"

klondike_bar said:
I almost got a pic, then my general curiosity overcame me and i ate the goo :crazy:

"The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom