Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: XBOX 360 vs. Playstation 3 [Re: LeftBehind]
    #9291565 - 11/22/08 03:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Good speech, PS3 FTW :smile:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleVoido
Retired
Male

#9291585 - 11/22/08 03:16 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

PS3 dominates if you enjoy movies and tv. All I did was buy a 500 gig external hard drive from circuit city, download as many shows and movies i want onto my computer from piratebay or demonoid, put them on the hard drive, then plug hard drive into my ps3 (buy the hard drives from western digital that start automatically when ur computer starts and it will with your ps3). Now since i've made folders in my hard drive, i have over 400 movies organized, along with even more shows, all free, and at the tip of my finger whenver i turn the ps3 on. The ps3 having this capability that the xbox doesnt, alone payed for my ps3 3x times over, and will continue to with every new movie released on dvd.

google this and there is tons of in depth instructions on how to do it if your new to the concept, it is very easy, takes hardly no computer knowledge.

--------------------
- V

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
Re: XBOX 360 vs. Playstation 3 [Re: Voido]
    #9291624 - 11/22/08 03:22 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Voido said:
PS3 dominates if you enjoy movies and tv. All I did was buy a 500 gig external hard drive from circuit city, download as many shows and movies i want onto my computer from piratebay or demonoid, put them on the hard drive, then plug hard drive into my ps3 (buy the hard drives from western digital that start automatically when ur computer starts and it will with your ps3). Now since i've made folders in my hard drive, i have over 400 movies organized, along with even more shows, all free, and at the tip of my finger whenver i turn the ps3 on. The ps3 having this capability that the xbox doesnt, alone payed for my ps3 3x times over, and will continue to with every new movie released on dvd.

google this and there is tons of in depth instructions on how to do it if your new to the concept, it is very easy, takes hardly no computer knowledge.

I have a similar setup, though I went for using one of my old computers for setting up a freeNAS server, since i had one laying around and some old harddrives.  Now it has 3 500gb hdd, and another 4 or 5 smaller ones installed in it.  Then you can go to the UPnP and set it up to share whatever you like under the 'playstation 3' profile, and when you turn it on, you have a media center icon under its respective section, ie. video, music, pics.  So i have all my music, movies, and photos stored on this server, which I can access anytime for outside my home, and also stream to my ps3 with ease.

EDIT: Link for anyone interested --> http://www.freenas.org/

peace

Edited by supra (11/22/08 05:17 PM)

InvisibleVoido
Retired
Male

Re: XBOX 360 vs. Playstation 3 [Re: supra]
    #9291641 - 11/22/08 03:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

awesome, yea thats a damn good idea, right on

--------------------
- V

Offlineschizophrenic
Grand Poohba
Male

Loc: Northeast
    #9292164 - 11/22/08 04:55 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Wii is cool for like parties and shit, or when you are chilling with your girl. But for hard core gamers it just doesnt cut it. I dont even play mine anymore. My 5 year old son loves it though.

--------------------
Roses are red, violets are blue, i'm schizophrenic, and so am I.

Invisiblegrewya
Gone Fishin'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Arlen Gun Club
    #9294609 - 11/23/08 12:42 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I own a PS3, and PSP. I've played both, but my vote is with Sony.

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
    #9302622 - 11/24/08 10:44 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Voido said:

you could always stream high def quality movies/shows via the 360 on your tv.  plus 360 has gears of war and halo. PS3 doesn't have very many hot exclusives.  MGS4 is about my only selling point

InvisibleVoido
Retired
Male
Re: XBOX 360 vs. Playstation 3 [Re: zSDMF]
    #9303168 - 11/24/08 12:22 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zSDMF said:
Quote:

Voido said:

you could always stream high def quality movies/shows via the 360 on your tv.  plus 360 has gears of war and halo. PS3 doesn't have very many hot exclusives.  MGS4 is about my only selling point

way different, you got to buy those movies, this is all free. Halo 3 was disappointing and gears of war is short and the multi player is limited, i really like the game but not enough for me to sacrifice my ps3's money making capabilities.

And PS3 has some amazing exlusives: Resistance (10/10) and sequal is coming, Final Fantasy's are set to come, Killzone, Little Big Planet (10/10), shit even God of War 3 is set to come. Not to mention Ps3 has all the must haves like the rainbow 6 series and the COD series, w/ FAST free online play, way easy to use, less waiting time

--------------------
- V

OfflineZefiron
Stranger

#9303241 - 11/24/08 12:32 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Simply put

If you want a great graphics more of a solo gameplay experience plus a nice blue ray player, go PS3

If you want great graphics (the 360 can't push as hard as PS3, but can we really tell the difference anyway?), and you want a great online multiplayer experience for shit talking and killing stuff with your best friends while they may be on the other side of the globe
go Xbox 360. Not that you can't with PS3 but the 360 right now is built around it very much so.

--------------------
the bigger your pupils are, the more you see... right?

OfflineNexion
Seeker
Male

Re: XBOX 360 vs. Playstation 3 [Re: Zefiron]
    #9303248 - 11/24/08 12:34 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

360 Better games, better online experience.

OfflineSparkey_STi
Boomer
 User Gallery

Re: XBOX 360 vs. Playstation 3 [Re: Nexion]
    #9303268 - 11/24/08 12:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Lol... its free when your streaming it threw your wifi from your computer!!

The best thing to do is sit down and decide what you want out of your system?  DVD player? Windows Media Center capibilities? Graphics? Game choice?...

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
    #9303439 - 11/24/08 01:09 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Voido said:
Quote:

zSDMF said:
Quote:

Voido said:

way different, you got to buy those movies, this is all free. Halo 3 was disappointing and gears of war is short and the multi player is limited, i really like the game but not enough for me to sacrifice my ps3's money making capabilities.

And PS3 has some amazing exlusives: Resistance (10/10) and sequal is coming, Final Fantasy's are set to come, Killzone, Little Big Planet (10/10), shit even God of War 3 is set to come. Not to mention Ps3 has all the must haves like the rainbow 6 series and the COD series, w/ FAST free online play, way easy to use, less waiting time

personally god of war is the only reason i would buy a PS3 other than MGS4.  on that note it wouldn't surprise me if they announced gow3 was gonna launch/follow up on 360.  i bet MGS4 will eventually port to 360 as well, but who knows.  about psn yes it is nice but live is nice too.  it's not like live is extremely slow or anything.  it doesn't cost that much really, 40$ for a year i think.

negative on buying movies too lol.  i don't buy any of my media.  HD quality movies are everywhere online.  you can stream them to your 360 and then onto your HD tv.  doesn't cost a penny either.  just sayin.. but having a bluray player is always a good thing.  one huge advantage to PS3.  i'm going to get one soon but the 360 is just as good in different aspects.

OfflineFoop
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: NH
Re: XBOX 360 vs. Playstation 3 [Re: zSDMF]
    #9304556 - 11/24/08 04:39 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I own both a 360 and a PS3 (360 being the first one bought) and I can say with all the gamer love in my heart that the PS3 is the better system. From its slick interface to ease of use, to the fact that it has a built in bluray player all turn the PS3 into a better machine

Now granted, many games developed for both systems seem to have a slight edge on the 360 (Orange Box and such) but I think this is just because the developed decided to go for both systems. I think games made exclusively for the PS3 far exceed what is capable on the 360... Just one look at MGS4 can prove this

InvisibleMcFace
Chemical Engineer
Male

Loc: Ont Canada
Re: XBOX 360 vs. Playstation 3 [Re: Foop]
    #9304588 - 11/24/08 04:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have not read through the posts so I'm not sure if any has said this.

360! Because it can be easily modded so it can play burnt games that are downloaded form the net.  As far as i know PS3 cant be modded.

--------------------
All Posts are entirely works of fiction. Whats wrong with pretending? :hehehe:

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals

Community >> The Pub