Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBrillig
Prodigal Son

Orissa India
    #9302357 - 11/24/08 06:44 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

What's the best way to start these from syringe???

--------------------
My father started me on this hobby over 30 years ago...I ask  beginner's questions whenever they occur to me...Usually to stir the pot and get people's thoughts...When I post a REPLY...IT SHOULD NOT BE ACCEPTED AS GOSPEL TRUTH...It's just what I THINK...

PEACE ALL!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

Re: Orissa India [Re: Brillig]
    #9302365 - 11/24/08 06:52 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Inoculate something.

Invisibleseven
Male

Loc: north carolina
Re: Orissa India [Re: libertaire]
    #9302394 - 11/24/08 07:10 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

pf tek if you are new. if you are really smart and in no hurry i would reccomend reading for a month or two anout using wbs and spawning to bulk coco coir. well scratch the second idea. go with the pf tek and a shotgun fc. read read read my friend. this site has all  your answers. :laugh: :1up: edit-  i would strongly reccomend reading the second sticky ppost in cultivatiom forum. Nibins newcomers guid to cultivation and the shroomery. very strongly advise! good luck.

--------------------
grind

Edited by seven (11/24/08 07:15 AM)

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Orissa India [Re: seven]
    #9302397 - 11/24/08 07:12 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Invisibleseven
Male

#9302403 - 11/24/08 07:17 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

libertaire said:
Inoculate something.

do you think this helped him? really.... :machinegun:

--------------------
grind

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9302408 - 11/24/08 07:18 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

seven said:
Quote:

libertaire said:
Inoculate something.

how about

UTFSE

--------------------

Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #9302481 - 11/24/08 07:49 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

seven said:
pf tek if you are new. if you are really smart and in no hurry i would reccomend reading for a month or two anout using wbs and spawning to bulk coco coir. well scratch the second idea. go with the pf tek and a shotgun fc. read read read my friend. this site has all  your answers. :laugh: :1up: edit-  i would strongly reccomend reading the second sticky ppost in cultivatiom forum. Nibins newcomers guid to cultivation and the shroomery. very strongly advise! good luck.

This guy's been a member since '02. At some point the training wheels have to come off the bike.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinebackintheriver
Male User Gallery

Re: Orissa India [Re: FooMan]
    #9302485 - 11/24/08 07:51 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

make a liquid culture.

Invisibleseven
Male

Re: Orissa India [Re: FooMan]
    #9302538 - 11/24/08 08:16 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

FooMan said:
Quote:

seven said:

This guy's been a member since '02. At some point the training wheels have to come off the bike.

yeah i agree, i could only guess that he lost computer access for years?  its odd him asking new type questions if you have  been around this long..

--------------------
grind

InvisibleBrillig
Prodigal Son

Re: Orissa India [Re: backintheriver]
    #9302584 - 11/24/08 08:32 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Yea...and growing for longer...Don't need training wheels FooMan...Just looking for better jar substrates than BRF...LC is an option, but never had much luck with that...Still trying to find a jar substrate that contains manure and still allows for spore germination...Perhaps I shoulda been more specific...But I agree with SEVEN...Noobs giving bullshit answers has always been one of the biggest issues here...There should be an intermediate forum where the less than "ADVANCED" growers can ask questions and theorize without NEWBIES offering advice like they KNOW the answers...

I'm fully aware that my posts ask simplistic questions sometimes and other times I ask questions that are WAY OUT THERE...It's how people learn...Which is the sole purpose of the cultivation forum...

I suppose I coulda gotten more specific with my question, but sometimes the best place to start is the beginning...Still...I think my tag lines explain my logic quite well...No need for me to keep explaining myself every time  post...

--------------------
My father started me on this hobby over 30 years ago...I ask  beginner's questions whenever they occur to me...Usually to stir the pot and get people's thoughts...When I post a REPLY...IT SHOULD NOT BE ACCEPTED AS GOSPEL TRUTH...It's just what I THINK...

PEACE ALL!!!

Invisibleseven
Male

Re: Orissa India [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9302590 - 11/24/08 08:35 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
Quote:

seven said:
Quote:

libertaire said:
Inoculate something.

how about

UTFSE

i find this to be way better advice! : i just think there could be good reasons why he has been a member so long and dosent know a whole lot about cultivation: could have beenn a kid who took good advice to get out of his parents house before starting a grow? lol i donno....

--------------------
grind

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9302605 - 11/24/08 08:38 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

seven said:
Quote:

veda_sticks said:
Quote:

seven said:
Quote:

libertaire said:
Inoculate something.

how about

UTFSE

i find this to be way better advice! : i just think there could be good reasons why he has been a member so long and dosent know a whole lot about cultivation: could have beenn a kid who took good advice to get out of his parents house before starting a grow? lol i donno....

No he just posted a simple question and somehow missed the keyboard with all the important extra details that would have led to someone posting an answer rather than waisting several replies of space on the forum.

Whats the best way to start these from a syringe?
Inoculate substrate

Correct answer

Until further details are revealed that we somehow should be subliminally reading

--------------------

OfflineJuke Adro
I love peach fluff
 User Gallery

Loc: Inside your head
    #9302624 - 11/24/08 08:44 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Brillig said:
Still trying to find a jar substrate that contains manure

I done PF cakes and substituted the water for poo juice, Meaning I used my pasteurization leftover water in the verm part of the pf tek, it was just a play around and it worked great.

I use the pillow case cooler tek to pasteurize my manure if your wondering how I get the poo juice :wink:  Its also amazing for plants and garden and even the occasional dunk for my bulks here and their :wink:

GL

--------------------
Someone said:  im actually not using ms, im using prints.
Trade List

Invisibleseven
Male

Re: Orissa India [Re: Juke Adro]
    #9302686 - 11/24/08 08:55 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i see what you're getting at veda. the first question he asked led me to think he was asking "whats the best substrate or spawn for orissa india" but given the lack of info i can see how this leaves room for someone to be a smartass and say "inoculate something"

--------------------
grind

InvisibleBrillig
Prodigal Son

#9302688 - 11/24/08 08:56 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Yea Veda...You've NEVER wasted forum space in the 4500 posts you've had in just over a year...

Orissa India is a dung loving species...We've been all over the theories as to why spores germinate in dung in the wild but not in a jar...Frankly...NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE...If they do, they haven't presented the empirical data to back their assertions...

I still believe there is a way to get spores to germinate in a jar substrate that contains manure...

I asked a species specific question...In hopes that there was more information available than the repetitive answers found in the search engine...All of which pertained to PF TEK...

Still waiting for an answer from you PAL...I mean one that contains information...If ya got nothing...then I respectfully suggest you shove your smarmy answers up what I am sure is your grotesquely fat ass...

--------------------

PEACE ALL!!!

Offlinedrjugglz
Evil ScientistExtraordanaire!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9302715 - 11/24/08 09:02 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

you should have to take some sort of quiz to be able to post half-way intelligent answers... besides just posting to post to see your posts tally go up... :thumbdown:

ive been a member since '05 and have barely over 200 posts. its all about reading and informing yourself.

--------------------
“To use your head you have to go out of your mind.”
~ Timothy Leary

Invisibleseven
Male

Re: Orissa India [Re: drjugglz]
    #9302756 - 11/24/08 09:10 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

drjugglz said:
you should have to take some sort of quiz to be able to post half-way intelligent answers... besides just posting to post to see your posts tally go up... :thumbdown:

ive been a member since '05 and have barely over 200 posts. its all about reading and informing yourself.

. veda has alot of posts because he is very active in answer new peoples questions. he is very helpfull and knowledgeable!  so i guarentee most of his posts have substance

--------------------
grind

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
    #9302758 - 11/24/08 09:10 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Orissa is no more dung loving than any cubensis, and not a species at all but a variant/substrain/w.e. of cubensis.

There's no better jar substrate than BRF. BRF has the best biological efficiency of all substrates. There's no point making cakes from manure for cubensis. Colonize a BRF cake and spawn it to poo or coir.

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

Offlinepowerisknowlege
Stranger

Re: Orissa India [Re: drjugglz]
    #9302764 - 11/24/08 09:11 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I'm a noob, but this has worked for me with pan cyans and cubes. If you are using cubes, you can put it in your fruiting chamber like a cake.

Yes, Panaeolus cyanescens (aka Copelandia cyanescens) can be cultivated using the PF tek, but there will need to be some slight adjustments in the substrate. The following modified, dung containing PF tek substrate by BJ works well:
Mix for 10-12 half pints:
5 cups vermiculite
3 cups manure
10 tblspns BRF
1.5 - 1.75 cups water

Fill your canning jars, sterilize for an hour in a pressure cooker and inoculate via the PF tek method.

I used dehydrated poo from myco supply and I've used black kow. If you want to know anything else, let me know.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9302775 - 11/24/08 09:14 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Brillig said:
Yea Veda...You've NEVER wasted forum space in the 4500 posts you've had in just over a year...

Orissa India is a dung loving species...We've been all over the theories as to why spores germinate in dung in the wild but not in a jar...Frankly...NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE...If they do, they haven't presented the empirical data to back their assertions...

I still believe there is a way to get spores to germinate in a jar substrate that contains manure...

I asked a species specific question...In hopes that there was more information available than the repetitive answers found in the search engine...All of which pertained to PF TEK...

Still waiting for an answer from you PAL...I mean one that contains information...If ya got nothing...then I respectfully suggest you shove your smarmy answers up what I am sure is your grotesquely fat ass...

Thats probably around 3000 posts in the last six months actually.

Im just kidden around.

I know orrisa india is a dung loving species.

So why not use your spores on grain and spawn that to dung.

Quote:

I suppose you could but I personally think the nutritional profile of the substrate needs to be as optimal as possible. Adding grains to the substrate not only increases the nutritional profile, it also increases the amount of moisture the substrate can hold. There is only one real way to find out if it will work and that's to try it.

The straw will hold some moisture but without the addition of some vermiculite and grains, the substrate may be lacking in moisture.
wronguy

that's a super important point. you need to do it up in filter patch bags (or jars) and everything, in sterile conditions, as if you were starting with grains... if you try to shoot up a bunch of pasteurized poo with LC as a replacement for mixing in grains, you will almost definitely fail

it won't colonize as fast certainly... and don't forget your grain spawn itself is very nutritious, more so than plain poo... so its doing more for you than serving as an inoculate... you may not yield as well in the long run.

there's other more subtle things at play... part of the reason some mushrooms are "dung loving" to begin with is due in part to relationships they form with beneficial bacteria that naturally lives in the poo as well. once you sterilize it, that bacteria is dead and gone. luckily, cubensis aren't so picky, they'll take advantage of that relationship when its available, but can get by without it - not so always for other species.
creamcorn

The problem with trying grow from spores using dung as yoru substrate, is you will have to sterilise. Which will remove any benificial micro organisms

--------------------

Edited by veda_sticks (11/24/08 09:15 AM)

InvisibleBrillig
Prodigal Son

#9302781 - 11/24/08 09:16 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I agree...This forum is cluttered with newbies stating their views like they are FACT...You can't blame ANYONE for not diggin' the SEARCH function here because it just pulls up all sorts of repeat info thrown around by newbies...By the time you read their profiles and past posts to find out what they KNOW you've driven yourself crazy with all sorts of USELESS information and ideas...And when you do find a great KERNEL OF KNOWLEDGE, you'll lose if for sure unless you have the presence of mind to bookmark it...

A quiz is a great idea...I still like the idea of an INTERMEDIATE FORUM...But no matter what...READ THE QUESTION before you respond and if you don't have something constructive to say, keep it to yourself...

--------------------

PEACE ALL!!!

Invisibleseven
Male

Re: Orissa India [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9302804 - 11/24/08 09:21 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i saw a post where RR challanged anyone to make any type of cake to have a better BE than the pf tek!

--------------------
grind

InvisibleBrillig
Prodigal Son

#9302813 - 11/24/08 09:24 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Wow VEDA...

Great information...I take back the "grotesquely fat ass" comment...:grin:

and that's a good point about the "beneficial bacteria"...

POWER...That's the recipe I planned to use...I've used it before and liked the results...

Wasn't sure if other experiments have yielded a better manure based jar substrate yet...

--------------------

PEACE ALL!!!

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Orissa India [Re: dead]
    #9302817 - 11/24/08 09:25 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I'm still a noob but I'm learning a little bit each day so take my ideas with a grain of salt. That being said.

LC
You said you didn't have much luck, maybe you could try a different recipe. I havn't had a whole lot of luck with karo. Going to try light malt extract / dextrose next.

Grain LC
Fill a pint jar up 1/4 with grain.  Inoculate via syringe. Colonization should be very fast.  Once colonized use Agar's Grain LC tek.

G2G
You could start a few quart(or whatever size, really) jars of grain inoc with syringe.  Whichever one colonizes the fastest, use it to inoculate other jars.

Agar/Petri dishes -
You could start on agar and get some isolates and try those. 

Anyway, hope that helps.

~
Spongiform

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

#9302819 - 11/24/08 09:25 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

This forum is cluttered with newbies stating their views like they are FACT...

Pot calling the kettle black :lol:

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:

Offlinegrod31
Stranger
Male

Loc: New York
    #9302850 - 11/24/08 09:30 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

how about this. i merged this idea with the brilliants of spore works.( http://sporeworks.com/store/catalog/Three-Pound-Supplemented-Sawdust-Block-w-Rye-Grain-Pocket-Gour-p-16357.html )
prep your grains for pcing how ever the fuck you want
prepare substrate-soak to field capacity-let drip dry.
load grains into filter patch bag, load substrate around/on top of grains.
seal it all up(the new bags you can seal before pcing)
do your pcing. and then knock up the grains on the bottom of the bag. once the grains are colonized massage the bag.

edit-there is a bunch of nifty zip lock PP quart containers out.I'm sure you could make them in quart jars too. it would just be harder to spread the colonized grains.

--------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the
fucker can go!  And when it comes
to that fantastic note where the
rabbit bites its own head off, I
want you to  THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten
seconds and they'd make me explain
VVVVV Free Myco Thread

Edited by grod31 (11/24/08 09:34 AM)

InvisibleBrillig
Prodigal Son

#9302853 - 11/24/08 09:30 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Not really dead...My taglines state that VERY CLEARLY!!!

--------------------

PEACE ALL!!!

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

#9302868 - 11/24/08 09:32 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

:calledajoke:

--------------------

Links:

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

#9302883 - 11/24/08 09:34 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Just for the record, I wasn't trying to up my post count, I was simply giving a vague answer to a vague question.  Orissa india is no different from any other strain, all P.C.'s grow on dung, and thus to ask "How should I start" is like asking "How do I grow mushrooms".  You're not gonna get a specific answer to a question like that.

InvisibleBrillig
Prodigal Son

#9302887 - 11/24/08 09:35 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Where's the love???  :wink:

--------------------

PEACE ALL!!!

InvisibleBrillig
Prodigal Son

#9302898 - 11/24/08 09:38 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Everyone's SO sensitive (except me of course)...Perhaps everyone needs to take a mushroom and put their heads on their desks for a bit...

--------------------

PEACE ALL!!!

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

#9302920 - 11/24/08 09:41 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Take a mushroom? Why don't you take five. Or twenty.

--------------------

Links:

Invisibleseven
Male

#9302930 - 11/24/08 09:42 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

libertaire said:
Just for the record, I wasn't trying to up my post count, I was simply giving a vague answer to a vague question.  Orissa india is no different from any other strain, all P.C.'s grow on dung, and thus to ask "How should I start" is like asking "How do I grow mushrooms".  You're not gonna get a specific answer to a question like that.

how would you get orissa india from a syringe started?

--------------------
grind

InvisibleRoYaL_fLuSh
Stranger
Male

Loc: UK
    #9302960 - 11/24/08 09:45 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

its been a while since i posted in here but this thread provoked me lol ... i think a lot of the ppl on here need to mind their own business if they dont have anything productive to say .. veda constantly feels the need to stick in some acerbit comment or another that helps absolutely nothing .. i didnt see a M next to ur name so quit trying to run chit !

on ur question i do think spawning to some poo sub best suits the strain u speak of .. maybe an 80/20 mix being as its a poo lover .. sterilizing poo in jars is iffy at best and i have had success with pans this way .. i think the key there is to only fill the jar half way and after pcing laying on its side to allow the sub to layer the bottom and inoc .. i dont know why this works best other than possibly more air exchange and less colonization time .. with cubes like orissa u should have a better success rate than say that of a pan .. best i cold do !

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Orissa India [Re: dead]
    #9302970 - 11/24/08 09:46 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

ok we've had our fun, now lets try to keep this ontopic or it will quickly become the completeidiots guide to getting your thread locked.

--------------------

Offlinegrod31
Stranger
Male

Loc: New York
Re: Orissa India [Re: grod31]
    #9302993 - 11/24/08 09:48 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

grod31 said:
how about this. i merged this idea with the brilliants of spore works.( http://sporeworks.com/store/catalog/Three-Pound-Supplemented-Sawdust-Block-w-Rye-Grain-Pocket-Gour-p-16357.html )
prep your grains for pcing how ever the fuck you want
prepare substrate-soak to field capacity-let drip dry.
load grains into filter patch bag, load substrate around/on top of grains.
seal it all up(the new bags you can seal before pcing)
do your pcing. and then knock up the grains on the bottom of the bag. once the grains are colonized massage the bag.

edit-there is a bunch of nifty zip lock PP quart containers out.I'm sure you could make them in quart jars too. it would just be harder to spread the colonized grains.

what do you guys tihnkl about this?

--------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the
fucker can go!  And when it comes
to that fantastic note where the
rabbit bites its own head off, I
want you to  THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten
seconds and they'd make me explain
VVVVV Free Myco Thread

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Orissa India [Re: grod31]
    #9303051 - 11/24/08 09:58 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I have a couple of those ziplock twist n loc containers to test out.  I ran them through the PC'er a couple times, they stand up just fine though it's a little harder to see into them then glass jars.

The only real downside to them is the lids are plastic and prone to cracking while preparing them.  So you need to melt holds in the lid, not drill, hammer, or etc.  They have extra-wide mouths and taper towards the bottom, not the top so they're perfect aside from the lids.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck