Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEM455
Dominican newbie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Santo Domingo, Dominican ...
Re: running naked, attacking etc..what's the deal with this? [Re: tempingasashaman]
    #9286599 - 11/21/08 04:32 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

that's a funny story :P I'm sorry you got cold though xD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEM455
Dominican newbie
Female User Gallery

Re: running naked, attacking etc..what's the deal with this? [Re: EM455]
    #9292075 - 11/22/08 02:37 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

So the other subject that worries me a little and that I wanted to talk about is the ''convulsions'' aparently it happens to a lot of people (I've read at least 5 o 7 reports here on the shroomery and on those reports they talk about other reports and about it not being so uncommun as most people think). What's the deal with that? any inputs? :smile:

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany Flag
    #9292080 - 11/22/08 02:37 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

man just ball up and do it or don't at all.

--------------------

OfflineEM455
Dominican newbie
Female User Gallery

Re: running naked, attacking etc..what's the deal with this? [Re: Beege]
    #9292185 - 11/22/08 02:59 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

(sorry for the long reply beege, I didn't think it would be so long xD )

I'm gonna do it anyway, just want to know what i'm really getting into, not even for myself, but for the people who would sit for me (who don't know shit about psychedelics by the way, at least for now). Imagine my mom or a friend sees me having convulsions and does something stupid(like calling an ambulance) and we both get in trouble just because '' they got scared and worried about me''. I'm just trying to find the smartest way possible to explain all the possibilities to my mom and close ones before getting into deep water (large doses) without scaring the hell out of them or turning them against shrooms (which wouldn't be good for me at all). I just feel I need them to be as prepaired as myself (even more than myself probably) for EVERYTHING so they really understand that NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS it's gonna be alright, at least until I'm experienced enough to trip alone far from home or meet some experienced or otherwise skilled, trustful sitter...these concerns come from my last trip where I was the one who had to calm everybody down and explain stuff that I wasn't sure of  (like saying I'm physically alright, don't worry and thinking Am I? at the same time, it's hard to convince people of things you don't really know while tripping  and questioning everything).

EDIT: and of course if i'm not conscious I won't be able to calm anybody down and that's how it could get messy and somebody might do something stupid.

I'm sorry If I bothered and I hope you understand why I ask. Everybody says like, get informed, be respectful, cautions, prepaired etc etc. and that's all i'm trying to do :P

But if everything else fails, I'll follow your advice and just ball up and do it xD I just wanna do it right though you know?

Edited by EM455 (11/22/08 03:22 PM)

OfflineTastyPop
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cerebral Cortex
    #9292200 - 11/22/08 03:01 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

He's just trying to be informed about this before he goes into it

There are a dozen threads i've seen telling everyone who's curious to be informed and cautious

Just so you know

Psilocybin Cubensis is a safe drug, very very difficult to overdose on
Does not damage your mind, liver or any vital organs

People who freak out/have convulsions/run naked or any other form of craziness, are just because they think they are just getting high, when it's much more than that

Go ahead and do it at a low to moderate dose

and you'll be fine

dont trip yourself out

--------------------
I feel very much like alice.....

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany Flag
Re: running naked, attacking etc..what's the deal with this? [Re: TastyPop]
    #9292228 - 11/22/08 03:05 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

as TastyPop has said, psilocybin is a very safe substance. You have nothing to be afraid of. Start off with a low dose and you will see how silly it was to be so worried about this. You really don't even need a sitter, my first dose was alone as well as my first heroic dose and I had no problems at all... except I got a bit lonely and I wouldn't have minded a hand/body to hold on the heroic dose :lol:

--------------------

OfflineEM455
Dominican newbie
Female User Gallery

#9292284 - 11/22/08 03:18 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

lool thanks for your answers. I know mushrooms are safe and have tripped 3 times before and started low as recomended. I was just planning for the future, for when I go into larger doses territory and stuff xD It's not really myself that I worry about is the people around me: Exemple: If I'm having convulsions I'm sure I wouldn't even notice it myself...but other people might freak out and do stuff I wouldn't want them to do or may say stuff like ''you were having convulsions it's obviously dangerous, please don't trip again ''. Anyway it's all clear now, thanks a lot for everything, I think I'm just gonna keep tripping and see what happens I'm probably not the type of person who would have convulsions or am I? :p

OfflineTastyPop
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cerebral Cortex
    #9292296 - 11/22/08 03:21 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know. I would have to do two things

A) take a look at your brains electrical patterns while psilocyn was effecting it

B) Learn how to distinguish what electrical pattern in the brain occurs with convulsions

:tongue:

I don't think you will. And if YOU don't think you will, you won't

--------------------
I feel very much like alice.....

OfflineEM455
Dominican newbie
Female User Gallery

Re: running naked, attacking etc..what's the deal with this? [Re: TastyPop]
    #9292327 - 11/22/08 03:28 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

OfflinementalIMAGE
21st Century Schizoid Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #9294123 - 11/22/08 08:42 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

the thing with psychedelics is that you're brain is going to be working a little differently, no matter what.  i remember my first heavy acid trip, i was thinking that if i was left alone especially in the horrible condition i was in (The Fear, freezing cold, starving, paranoid) i could have done something stupid. if it werent for those that were with me i probably would have lost control.

the only thing im trying to get across is if you can somehow catch yourself before you even act on an impulse. like just saying to yourself "i know im on mushrooms, and i know that if just relax and stay calm nothing bad will happen to me". you also have to stay safe, but that's a given id hope:)

--------------------

We are always acting on what has just finished happening. It happened at least 1/30th of a second ago. We think we're in the present, but we aren't. The present we know is only a movie of the past.
Ken Kesey

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
    #9294162 - 11/22/08 08:49 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I think lots of the people who do really weird things while tripping either have some kind of psychological problem or are just not mentally prepared to trip.

If you keep the dosage at the low to moderate range you should be able to keep a reasonable amount of control.

OfflineEM455
Dominican newbie
Female User Gallery

Re: running naked, attacking etc..what's the deal with this? [Re: DimensionX]
    #9296354 - 11/23/08 08:47 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks guys, I'll keep it safe as you guys said moderate dose, probably with somebody I trust etc...:)  :laugh:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #9296366 - 11/23/08 08:52 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

My very first shroom trip I ended up naked!  :laugh:

Invisibleold mushmellow
mushmaker
Male User Gallery

Loc: the dome
    #9296660 - 11/23/08 10:44 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

You'll be fine. You will laugh and have PROFOUND REVELATIONS. You will see the world differently afterward.

OfflineEM455
Dominican newbie
Female User Gallery

Re: running naked, attacking etc..what's the deal with this? [Re: old mushmellow]
    #9296884 - 11/23/08 11:55 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

loool MOTH that must have been hell of a first trip :laugh:

old mushmellow, thanks for your hopeful words :smile: I think it will be as great as you say

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale