Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
OfflineTri High
Whigro
 User Gallery

Loc: Monaghan, Ireland
Re: Caught by the Police...What next?! [Re: haymaker]
    #8843398 - 08/28/08 06:50 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Many thanks!  I think I have yet to see for SURE though...

Many thanks again!

:firecum: love

--------------------
you just need money to get laid - starfire_xes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDiddyds
Stranger

Re: Caught by the Police...What next?! [Re: Tri High]
    #8843918 - 08/28/08 08:18 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Tri High said:
Okay, here's the run down:

I've had these things goin' since January.  They were still in mycelial stages, but in little tupperware things, colonating horse poop and straw in the dark....

11:30 pm - A friend steals a sign from campus and drags it to our house, leaving scratch marks in the side walk. 

5:00 am - My room mate answers the door to find police outside of it, walks out, closes it behind him.  Police say "I smell weed", put him in hand cuffs, and enter the house.  They proceed to wake us all up out of our beds.  Asked us if we gave consent to search the rooms, and I said I didn't.  Not two minutes later they put me in hand cuffs and arrested me for "receipt of stolen property". 

8:10 am - I am served a search warrant in a jail holding cell.

10:00 am - I am questioned about the sign, and about what I had going on in my room.  Admitted the mushrooms and everything, was given bad news.

12:00 pm - booked in the local jail.  On hold for 24 hours.

6:18 am (next day) - I am released from jail.

15 days later - I receive an inventory of things taken from my room which included all of the pot and paraphernalia from the room adjacent to my own, for which there was no search warrant, and which should not have been on the inventory, as stipulated in the search warrant.  The officer informed me that he had turned the police report in to the prosecuting attorney on this day.

Okay, the way that jail and everything works is that if they get an arrest warrant while you're detained, you must make bond or sit in jail until your court date.  So, they had no warrant after 24 hours.  They still don't.

Today, a month later, I was checking in with the local pd to see if I could receive a copy of their report, and also I was checking with campus to see if they were going to pursue sanctions on me...They said that they didn't know if they could release the report to me, and that they don't know if the report had been submitted to the prosecutor, and that they were waiting for results back from the FBI about my stuff and I guess if it had psilocybin in it yet...in which case it'd be illegal.

So, today, a month later, the Campus hasn't gotten a report, which leads me to believe that the prosecuting attorney hasn't gotten a report either.  Since I'm not in jail now, I assume that the prosecuting attorney isn't going to prosecute me, because of the illegal method of entry (violation of the 4th amendment), and the "fruit of the poisonous tree" addition or part of the 4th.  But I made that assumption because I had thought that he had the official report...Which now it turns out that he might not have...

At any rate, if I do go to jail...Really shitty.  If I don't, I'll let you know what the FBI's report on my mushrooms turns up.  i.e. whether or not the mycellium contains active psychoactives.  It says somewheres on the board that it does, but I'll let you know what the FBI's report says.

I really hope I'm not fucked, and let this serve as a reminder to you all to not let stupid friends fuck your shit up!

Sucks to hear that but I bet they did have the right to come in:cop: , its lame man....I bet it was the smell...,,,

I know someone who got charged hit and run, no joke like 3(or more) years after,, so gl.:cop:

just read your update....

about mj i bet they wont care too much as long as you aint going crazy with the stuff... :stonedjerk:

Edited by Diddyds (08/28/08 08:25 PM)

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
    #8844146 - 08/28/08 09:01 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Well, good luck, and I hope if anything you learn to not break the law again.

I'm not being sarcastic either, from now on you'd be best to keep your nose clean, the cops failed on what they probably consider a big case, now they think you'll be more cautious and confident, and they may get a better case next time.

You are in your drivers seat and the choice is yours, make the right choice for your own sake:shrug:

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

OfflineTri High
Whigro
 User Gallery

Re: Caught by the Police...What next?! [Re: Chemy]
    #8845224 - 08/28/08 11:29 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

For shizzle dizzle.

I'm going to use the key to life and take off.  Reading and running will be my forte' from now on.

That's some bs'ing, but I know.  Nothing is worth going to jail.  NOTHING IS WORTH GOING TO JAIL.  Again, NOTHING IS WORTH GOING TO JAIL!  Trust that, players.  And I'm not going to jail.  If you get what I'm trying to say there.

But I am going to jail if sept. 9 goes badly for me...But after this incident, nothing will cause me to go to jail again.  Because doing the things that may be fun or whatever are not worth going to jail for.  So I'm not going to jail because nothing is worth doing that will end up with me in jail.  So I won't do the things that could put me in jail.  Because nothing is worth doing that will put me in jail.

For real.

:firecum:

Edited to add: 
Well, some things are worth going to jail for,  but it's not recreational drugs or drinking and driving.  I'd rather die for the worthy things than go to jail, though.

--------------------

Edited by Tri High (08/28/08 11:30 PM)

OfflinedWarriors88
Male

Loc: Q
    #8850926 - 08/30/08 02:19 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Been fun reading, and seeing this story progress! Are you still gonna grow? lol

OfflineDiddyds
Stranger

#8852556 - 08/30/08 02:27 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Tri High said:
For shizzle dizzle.

I'm going to use the key to life and take off.  Reading and running will be my forte' from now on.

That's some bs'ing, but I know.  Nothing is worth going to jail.  NOTHING IS WORTH GOING TO JAIL.  Again, NOTHING IS WORTH GOING TO JAIL!  Trust that, players.  And I'm not going to jail.  If you get what I'm trying to say there.

But I am going to jail if sept. 9 goes badly for me...But after this incident, nothing will cause me to go to jail again.  Because doing the things that may be fun or whatever are not worth going to jail for.  So I'm not going to jail because nothing is worth doing that will end up with me in jail.  So I won't do the things that could put me in jail.  Because nothing is worth doing that will put me in jail.

For real.

:firecum:

Edited to add: 
Well, some things are worth going to jail for,  but it's not recreational drugs or drinking and driving.  I'd rather die for the worthy things than go to jail, though.

:eek: I dont think anyone could have stated the fact that going to jail is bad any better than that, I mean wow. :handth:

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
    #8897850 - 09/08/08 06:38 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

:goodluck: Tomorrow

OfflineTri High
Whigro
 User Gallery

Re: Caught by the Police...What next?! [Re: Chemy]
    #8899145 - 09/08/08 10:17 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Chemy said:
:goodluck: Tomorrow

thanks!

Love to you and seuss

--------------------

OfflineTri High
Whigro
 User Gallery

#8902265 - 09/09/08 01:58 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

DISMISSED!  For now...Of course they have the ability to file charges again with a revised/amended probable cause statement.  If anyone could help me find the statute of limitations on RSMO 195 type situations, that'd be great.  I've been searching for a little bit but I haven't found much.

From what I have seen my situation has a 3 year statute of limitations...But I don't know if that's real, or fake, or whatever.  It seems likely, but if one could search and check it out for me, much appreciated it would be.

Lovin' you all.

Jah

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #8902306 - 09/09/08 02:07 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Good job. 

Just realize you got VERY LUCKY.

They could have charged you anyways, but it sounds like the cops messed up.  Ignoring the search issues, which were irrelevant for the preliminary hearing, they could have sustained the charge had the cop only included your statements in his report.  Who knows maybe the judge would have dismissed anyways, but this would certainly have been reversed had the prosecutor appealed and had they charged you with attempt- which carries the same mandatory minimum in my state as the actual offense (2 years).

So wise up and don't listen to the loon above who claims you should make excuses.  WHile he meant well, don't listen.

In the future NEVER TALK TO THE POLICE.  Like Seuss said, innocent or not doesn't matter, you don't talk.  Look at martha stuart.  Look at Libby, Cheney's Aid.  Both were convicted of lying and obstructing an investigation that found they were innocent of any crimes!

These were innocent folks that got jail time and convictions all cuz they talked to the police.  In the future all you should say is:  "I do not want to be questioned or give a statement untill I can talk to an attorney.  I will not consent to any search untill I talk to an attorney."

That's it.  No excuses, don't correct the cops when they say something false, don't respond when the cops talk amongst themselves about how you were doing something you know you werent, just shut up.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Caught by the Police...What next?! [Re: johnm214]
    #8902334 - 09/09/08 02:13 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Oh, and just so you know, you will probably still be charged with the marijuana, unless the prosecutor doesn't want to mess with it due to the search issues.

Since you admitted it and they were positive, you'll likely be charged.  Likely your state has a felony-only court and that judge dismissed the charges cuz he has no jurisdiction over a misdemeanor if their is no felony in the same charges.

So the prosecutor probably will file the marijuana charges in municipal or district or whatever cour type your state has for such.

You can get those thrown out hopefully by a suppresion hearing- the pot was in your room right?

Hope that the prosecutors don't want to mess with a minor pot possesion charge given the search and seizure violations, but don't count on it, plan for the worst.

Hopefully this is it and the case is done, but don't bet on it.

OfflineTri High
Whigro
 User Gallery

#8902369 - 09/09/08 02:20 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

The pot was in a room mate's room.  All they took from my room /could find was my gourmet mushroom grow.

I'll be sure to let my ex-room mate to keep his head in the sand.

I'll never talk to cops again.  I found this -

“Officer, I mean no disrespect, but I understand my rights. I have the right to have an attorney present during questioning. I have the right to refuse to consent to any search of my body and personal effects. I wish to exercise all of my rights. If I am under arrest I wish to invoke and exercise my Miranda rights and be allowed the opportunity to obtain the advice of my attorney. If I am to be taken into custody, I request a reasonable opportunity to make arrangements to secure my own property. I do not consent to any impoundment of my property. If I am not under arrest, I want to leave. If I am free to leave, please tell me immediately so that I may go about my business."

Looks good.  I'll print it out or memorize it.  Wo0t.

Much love again.

Oh, and the pot was a felony charge (due to 35g<), but I wasn't charged with it in the probable cause statement because the cop that wrote it knew that the weed didn't come from my room.

Is the evidence now available to me?  Like, can I go and get my shit from the pig pen, or do they hold it for the 3 years?

And a lawyer told me that the statute of lims is 3 years from the time it was filed.

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8904362 - 09/09/08 09:09 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

They can hold it most likely , but would have to do so on the grounds of a continuing investigation.

What is the value of the stuff they took?  I'd honestly not even go pokin around the pen if I were you.  Don't want those piggy's to get a whiff of ya.

Probably totally irrelevant to anything whatsoever, but given that they can recharge you, I'd hate to see the cops call the prosecutor and say "so and so wants his stuff  back, you gonna charge him again?" and get the prosecutor moving.

If it is low value stuff I'd wait a bit anyways.

OfflineTri High
Whigro
 User Gallery

#8904439 - 09/09/08 09:24 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

how long will they keep it for?  indefinitely?  I'm sure it's taking up a lot of room in the university police's evidence room...

decently a lot of stuff.  lots of mason jars, tupperware containers, all of my hydrogen peroxide and rubbing alcohol, a bunch of wash cloths....not TOOO expensive, but an investment I'd like back...

--------------------

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Caught by the Police...What next?! [Re: Tri High] * 1
    #8905164 - 09/10/08 12:30 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Tri High said:
how long will they keep it for?  indefinitely?  I'm sure it's taking up a lot of room in the university police's evidence room...

decently a lot of stuff.  lots of mason jars, tupperware containers, all of my hydrogen peroxide and rubbing alcohol, a bunch of wash cloths....not TOOO expensive, but an investment I'd like back...

I'd listen to john on this one.  Granted you may be in the clear, why risk it for those items you listed above?  You do realize if john's worst case scenario plays out, you're going to be paying A LOT more than the cost of those items listed above. 

I was thinking you had some sentimental items in police custody or something.  But some tupperware containers, wash cloths...rubbing alcohol?  I realize it's an investment to you, but I'm doubtful very many members reading this thread would go back for those items had they been in the same situation.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Caught by the Police...What next?! [Re: SuperD]
    #8912212 - 09/11/08 12:23 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

You are not going to need that stuff anyway since you don't grow mushrooms anymore.

OfflineTri High
Whigro
 User Gallery

Re: Caught by the Police...What next?! [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #8914449 - 09/11/08 07:04 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Hey!  My name is off of casenet now.

Casenet is where they put you on for the public to search your name and find out what you've done...but my name was there and now it's gone!

Hooray!

We'll see in the future though.  3 years,  said a lawyer.

Hooray!

--------------------

OfflineJamesChappy
Noob
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #9294849 - 11/22/08 11:31 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Have you heard of those cases where people's facebook accounts or blogs were used against them in court? While I was fascinated by this thread, you might want to remember that until the statute of limitations runs it's course, the state can still gather evidence against you. I'm sure if you talked to a lawyer and showed him your posts on this website, he'd probably advise you to remove all of your postings. Congrats on getting damn lucky. Out of curiosity (if you don't end up deleting all your posts) what exactly were the charges brought up against you? Were the charges dismissed by the judge or the prosecutor? I'm guessing the prosecutor since you're afraid of charges being filed again. They can't charge you twice for the same crime, and please correct me if I'm wrong oh internet, but if you were charged with a crime and you were found not-guilty, the prosecutor can't bring up charges that he didn't file for that same crime. IE, if he failed to charge a murderer with murder in the second degree, and only charged with murder in the first, he wouldn't be able to press charges for murder in the second after loosing the first trial. Oh internet, I'm sure you have an opinion on that one. Grace us with your knowledge!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate