Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline4 ho cultivar
Transcending plains
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central, Oregon {represen...
Re: Humidifier for room [Re: J3illy]
    #9294711 - 11/22/08 11:02 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

they're is a tek i think by ?. anyways you fill a 20 gal barrel with water put in a air bubbler in the bottom to create micro fine water particles in the air.  You connect a squirrel cage fan to the lid to force air in.  You duct out of the lid to your grow room via PVC.    the fan is on constantly to  provide Fae every 5/10 min.  the air bubbler's inside the barrel provide humidity because the micro fine particles get picked up in the airs stream  and pumped into the grow chamber... to keep everything perfect you put in some ultrasonic mister on a timer to provide optimal levels of humidity. preferably  cycle stat repeat timer..

--------------------
:mushroom2::crazy2::mushroom2::crazy2::Patience be thy virtue:crazy2::mushroom2::crazy2::mushroom2:

Blurring the line between reality and dreams
Mr. Winkie says: "Procrastinators unite................................tommorrow!!:ganja:
G.Kahuna said: "Plus you get all the fun from taking a walk {and} shooting mycelium at cow droppings with a super soaker. Now beat that!":cuteshit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Humidifier for room [Re: P.Menace]
    #9294715 - 11/22/08 11:02 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Who said I was still worried?? Just sayinnn! ha.

OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Humidifier for room [Re: 4 ho cultivar]
    #9294717 - 11/22/08 11:03 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

4 ho cultivar said:
they're is a tek i think by ?. anyways you fill a 20 gal barrel with water put in a air bubbler in the bottom to create micro fine water particles in the air.  You connect a squirrel cage fan to the lid to force air in.  You duct out of the lid to your grow room via PVC.    the fan is on constantly to  provide Fae every 5/10 min.  the air bubbler's inside the barrel provide humidity because the micro fine particles get picked up in the airs stream  and pumped into the grow chamber... to keep everything perfect you put in some ultrasonic mister on a timer to provide optimal levels of humidity. preferably  cycle stat repeat timer..

or in theory anyway

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9294721 - 11/22/08 11:04 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

4 ho cultivar said:

I think you're talking about the tek w/ the fogger w/ LED lights, right?  You enclose it in a container and pipe the fog to your FC or Martha.

Offline4 ho cultivar
Transcending plains
Male User Gallery

#9294734 - 11/22/08 11:06 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

REALLY, well this is what i wanted to know. i don't wanna waste my time with all this homemade crap if its not even gonna WORK! could just buy multiple cool air mist/ultrasonic humidifiers to do the same job?!! hmmm

--------------------
:mushroom2::crazy2::mushroom2::crazy2::Patience be thy virtue:crazy2::mushroom2::crazy2::mushroom2:

Mr. Winkie says: "Procrastinators unite................................tommorrow!!:ganja:
G.Kahuna said: "Plus you get all the fun from taking a walk {and} shooting mycelium at cow droppings with a super soaker. Now beat that!":cuteshit:

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9294743 - 11/22/08 11:08 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Why are you thinking about humidifiers anyway?  You only need them for a Martha - not just an FC, although I've seen it done for FC's.  I was just talking about them cuz my RH in my is mad low, but I just have Mycobags.

Offline4 ho cultivar
Transcending plains
Male User Gallery

#9294758 - 11/22/08 11:12 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

8x8x8 room. using shelves on all walls with one light in center.

--------------------

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #9294781 - 11/22/08 11:18 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

1 ultrasonic in that room if you really feel the need, will be more than enough

--------------------

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9294784 - 11/22/08 11:18 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I'll tell ya man, that's quite a large area to try and maintain 90+ %RH.  And unless you seal the entire thing in something like plastic, you will get mold and all sorts of crazy shit on the walls/ceiling.  There's really no need to do that.  Do some searching on a Martha.  They're sold as mini-closets w/ shelves, and enclosed w/ a large plastic wall - they zip up.  These give you a nice big area to grow, and it's much more practical and easier to maintain a high %RH.  Trying to do an entire ROOM - it's just a bad bad idea.

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #9294800 - 11/22/08 11:22 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

or throw a matress bag over your shelves.

I did that once for my only martha... worked well
but bags and mono's are better IMO
no electricity, no bullshit, set it and forget it

--------------------

Offline4 ho cultivar
Transcending plains
Male User Gallery

#9294814 - 11/22/08 11:24 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

yeah 6mill 20' by 100' it will be sealed with spray adhesive then stapled securely to the wall{then i'll silicone the seam and all staples.. it will be sterile and air tight!  the door entering will be sprayed around the perimeter then plastic staple securely{as to prevent any moisture whatsoever to not get around plastic.{it wont}.. I don't see why not.  somebody's gotta do it right. if everybody was a follower. we would never proceed and discover.

--------------------

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9294817 - 11/22/08 11:25 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

P.Menace said:
no electricity, no bullshit, set it and forget it

:thumbup: :thumbup:

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9294823 - 11/22/08 11:27 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

4 ho cultivar said:
yeah 6mill 20' by 100' it will be sealed with spray adhesive then stapled securely to the wall{then i'll silicone the seam and all staples.. it will be sterile and air tight!  the door entering will be sprayed around the perimeter then plastic staple securely{as to prevent any moisture whatsoever to not get around plastic.{it wont}.. I don't see why not.  somebody's gotta do it right. if everybody was a follower. we would never proceed and discover.

Oh wait, I think I remember you - are you the one making the room in that empty house?

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #9294831 - 11/22/08 11:28 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

You can try it. Im not trying to discourage you... but think of 3 things

1. Humidity/ Fresh air exchange... no fresh air if its sealed air tight/ humidity is gonna prove to be tough
2. Amount of workk to payoff ratio... is it really worth it or necessary to go to those lengths to grow a few lbs of mushrooms?
3. Radar... its gonna be hard to explain why noone's allowed in the room of wonders as my lab has been coined. I had to come right out and tell my Parents what I was doing cause they just couldnt get over the closed door....

--------------------

Offline4 ho cultivar
Transcending plains
Male User Gallery

#9294839 - 11/22/08 11:28 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

the PVC will be ducted towards the shelves and wrapped around room . so the mushies will be bathed in the high humidity air. I don't care about the center of the room. I'll create a micro environment around the mushies. ill probably hang plastic down in front of shelves{staple} to retain humidity on all shelves. the co2 will spill out the bottom of the plastic. and no i'm not him. just some cuntry bumpkin. makin' poo shrooms. huck ya''all

--------------------

Offline4 ho cultivar
Transcending plains
Male User Gallery

#9294841 - 11/22/08 11:29 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

no i'll put the cool mist[s]/ 20 gal tub outside the room duct into the rooma and have a air outlet somewhere low. d

--------------------

Edited by 4 ho cultivar (11/22/08 11:30 PM)

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #9294845 - 11/22/08 11:30 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

4 ho cultivar said:
huck ya''all

thats dangerously close to Fuck Ya'll

--------------------

Offline4 ho cultivar
Transcending plains
Male User Gallery

#9294848 - 11/22/08 11:30 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Paerent??? no i'm 28 plus i rent.no ones allowed into my house whos not a friend. plus i'll lock the door.:crazy2:

--------------------

Edited by 4 ho cultivar (11/22/08 11:31 PM)

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9294853 - 11/22/08 11:31 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Based on all the useless reading I did on humidifiers, for your case I'd recommend ultrasonic.  These are actually spraying a mist into the air, so the RH can go as high as you want it to [or high you're able to].  The other kinds w/ wicks have a limit to high it can theoretically get.

ANyways, they make some BIG ones for like industrial use or what, huge rooms - and I'd look into those.  Get something for a huge room, and it should work great in your small room.  Then just a little experimenting w/ how long it needs to stay on to maintain and all that, set it up on a time and you'll be good.

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #9294856 - 11/22/08 11:31 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Im near the same age, and I rent too... landlord has seen the lab too... just never 1 single mushroom

now your just contradicting yourself... Im out

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder