Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Trusted Cultivator
Size VS Quantity - total weight in the end?
    #9290449 - 11/22/08 06:59 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

This is one question that's been on my mind for awhile now.  Some strains/isolates grow big, some grow small.  In the grand scheme of things does the end weight balance out?  Lots of small mushrooms vs a few big ones?

My first guess would say that the total amount of nutrients + water content would dictate the the end weight.  But what do I know?

Can anybody answer this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Size VS Quantity - total weight in the end? [Re: Spongiform]
    #9290478 - 11/22/08 07:20 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Aye Aye, it is all down to biological efficiency which is the amount of wet shrooms produced divided by the weight of the dry substrate and multiplied by 100.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

OfflineJazzCatCF
Teo-nanacatl
Male

Loc: here today gone tommorow
Re: Size VS Quantity - total weight in the end? [Re: Nibin]
    #9290516 - 11/22/08 07:52 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

well if your talkin toothpick stems and dime size caps,then you need to switch up techniques.also hollow stems vs thick stems makes a huge difference in weight.And I dont think a buch of smalls equal a few big.and by a few big,I mean I usually get when doing casings(I usually do bags now)I average around 10, 30 grammers or 3 grams dry give or take a gram.And when I first started When I didnt have a optimal setup I was gatting probably a 1/4 of a gram per shroom dry. with about 100 shrooms,potency has always been good big or small,But people dont care,everyone wants 3 and 4 gramers,hell I think people would rather have size than potency.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there it is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."

The Mazatec Wise Woman, Maria Sabina (1894-1985)

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Size VS Quantity - total weight in the end? [Re: JazzCatCF]
    #9290559 - 11/22/08 08:29 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

In the end I don't care much as long as it balances out since I'm gonna dry via dehydrator then grind up into powder.

OfflineIncredibleEdible
Stranger

Re: Size VS Quantity - total weight in the end? [Re: JazzCatCF]
    #9290602 - 11/22/08 08:53 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

JazzCatCF said:
hell I think people would rather have size than potency.

I'm not sure about that....big and impotent.

Oh wait...you're talking about mushrooms.

(Sorry. O couldn't resist.)

OfflineJazzCatCF
Teo-nanacatl
Male

Loc: here today gone tommorow
Re: Size VS Quantity - total weight in the end? [Re: IncredibleEdible]
    #9290637 - 11/22/08 09:06 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

IncredibleEdible said:
Quote:

JazzCatCF said:
hell I think people would rather have size than potency.

I'm not sure about that....big and impotent.

Oh wait...you're talking about mushrooms.

(Sorry. O couldn't resist.)

:smile:
yea if your grinding powder,than no worries.Youll get a finer powder with small ones any way.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there it is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."

The Mazatec Wise Woman, Maria Sabina (1894-1985)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix