Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
my ipod video nano 8G is fuxz00red
    #9280653 - 11/20/08 06:13 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

it wont charge. I havent done anything to id besides play it.... its only maybe 3 months old.
i already looked some shit up online on how to reset it and whatnot, but that didnt help.
I dont think it is the USB cable either, because my computer recognizes it but it just wont charge.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: my ipod video nano 8G is fuxz00red [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #9280843 - 11/20/08 06:42 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

> its only maybe 3 months old.

Then it is under warranty.  Take it to any apple authorized service provider and they can service it for free.  Warranty period is one year from date of purchase as shown on the invoice.  Usually, the invoice isn't needed.  (It is only needed if you are real close to the year period.)

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: my ipod video nano 8G is fuxz00red [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #9281973 - 11/20/08 09:43 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I had the same item and mine broke as well, only a month or so after I had purchased it.  After much finagling Apple decided they would replace it, but it was a fight.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: my ipod video nano 8G is fuxz00red [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #9282711 - 11/21/08 12:23 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i would call apple. sometimes big retail stores are  a hassle. apple has the best customer service i have ever dealt with. maybe ask them to send the aprts to your local place or whatever. but im sure it wont be an issue. also if you call them like the 1800 your more likely to get somethin free or a discount for somethin in the future.

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #9283323 - 11/21/08 03:07 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

> After much finagling Apple decided they would replace it, but it was a fight.

Unless you dropped it and it was dinged up, there should have been no fight at all.  Apple authorized service providers get paid by apple to service these things when they are defective and under warranty.  The type of service offered depends upon your region.  If you worked through the retailer, rather than a service provider, then you might have had a fight because you were asking them to do something that they lose money on.

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/faq/

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: my ipod video nano 8G is fuxz00red [Re: Seuss]
    #9283587 - 11/21/08 05:53 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

It wasn't dropped or anything, I keep it in a hard plastic case at any rate.  I was disconnecting the power/data cable one day and some little piece broke off inside nano.  You could hear it rattling around in the case.

Took it to the Apple store where I bought it, they told me there was no way they could fix it and that they wouldn't replace it, even though it was a month old.  I must have had five different phone conversations with them before they decided they would, after all, replace the thing since there was no conceivable way random parts should just fall off a $250 piece of technology because you looked at it cross-eyed.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #9284757 - 11/21/08 11:44 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

> Took it to the Apple store where I bought it, they told me there was no way they could fix it and that they wouldn't replace it, even though it was a month old.

Strange.  If it happens again, call 1-800-APL-CARE and explain the situation to them.  Usually the people in an Apple Store are pretty easy going.  Be sure to get the Tech ID of the idiot at the Apple Store that was giving you a hard time as well so that you can report him to the people at Applecare.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#9286273 - 11/21/08 03:51 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I went to the Apple Store and had to make an appointment at their "Genius Bar", which is just their hipster name for Tech Support.  The guy wasn't a dick, I didn't mean to give that impression.  He was nice, just took it in the back and told me there was no way they could fix or replace it and to have a nice day.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#9286275 - 11/21/08 03:52 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I went to the Apple Store and had to make an appointment at their "Genius Bar", which is just their hipster name for Tech Support.  The guy wasn't a dick, I didn't mean to give that impression.  He was nice, just took it in the back and told me there was no way they could fix or replace it and to have a nice day.

As for next time, I won't be buying another Apple product.  One was plenty.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale