Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLeftBehind
Eater Of Ass
 User Gallery

Re: XBOX 360 vs. Playstation 3 [Re: memes]
    #9290660 - 11/22/08 11:12 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

same here. PlayStaion's have always had the best graphics, games and controllers. i just want to make the right decision and not have any regrets.

--------------------
TWO MUSHROOMS ARE GROWING NEXT TO EACHOTHER. ONE TURNS TO THE OTHER AND SAYS, "its a beautiful day were havin', eh?". THE OTHER MUSHROOM TURNS TO HIM AND SCREAMS, "oh my god!!! a talking mushroom!!!".

emilbus@hush.com

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: 203 Flag
Re: XBOX 360 vs. Playstation 3 [Re: LeftBehind]
    #9290696 - 11/22/08 11:25 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I just bought a PS3 and I feel it was worth it, although I had a bit of trouble tracking down a backwards compatible model.

Although I'm a bit biased due to the fact I don't like Xbox and never have, but I feel I can afford to not like them I own 18 different working systems and Xbox is the only one I wish I didn't buy.

--------------------

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #9290738 - 11/22/08 11:43 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

In the end this debate always comes down to personal preference.  I've always been a PS guy so my opinion is biased as well.  Some of my thoughts are:

-I hate the cluncky xbox controller.  I'd have to find an aftermarket controller that was similar to the PS controller if I owned an xbox.
-I wouldn't pay for online gaming. That just seems like typical Micro$oft double dipping into their customers pockets.
-RRoD I've heard way too many stories about how many defective xboxs are out there.  They don't seem to have a problem sending you a new one when it dies, but thats because they openly admit to the defective quality of the units.  And who wants to go through the hassle of getting it replaced?
-Blu-ray.  Although it is not a reason to buy a PS3 at least blu-ray won the hi-def battle.  So if you want the hi-def movie experience then its a nice bonus.  And believe me, if you haven't seen a blu-ray movie on the proper TV then I'll tell you....there is an amazing difference from standard DVD!
-Games.  Both systems have their share of exclusives.  But to buy a system just for one or two games would be silly when there are so many other things to consider.  And the majority of games come out for both.
-As far as graphics and gameplay goes both systems are great.  Die-hard fans will debate this, but I doubt many people could really tell the difference.

:2cents:

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: XBOX 360 vs. Playstation 3 [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9290762 - 11/22/08 11:50 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Oh yeah, the backwards compatibility issue with PS3s is a topic to consider also, especially if you already have older PS and PS2 games.  I personally don't know the whole scoop on this subject, but I do know that when I bought my PS3 over a year ago that the salesman in the store did me right by steering me to the 60GB model for exactly this reason.  Apparently the 60GB model (which I haven't seen since about the time I bought mine) had the hardware built in for backwards compatibility instead of a software emulator.  I have yet to find a PS or PS2 game that my system won't play flawlessly, and I still play a fair number of older games.  But I hear most of the new system have issues with backward compatibility.  So if you want to go PS3 and you want to play older games you might do some research and try to find the right machine to buy.

--------------------

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

#9290777 - 11/22/08 11:56 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

from playstation.com

PLAYSTATION 3 models

Hard Drive Capacity
160GB
80GB
80GB
80GB
60GB
40GB
40GB
20GB

USB Ports

Backward Compatible
No
No
No
Yes
Yes
No
No
Yes

Release Date
November 2008
November 2008
September 2008
August 2007
November 2006
March 2008
November 2007
November 2006

In Production
Yes
Yes
Yes
No
No
No
No
No

--------------------

InvisibleLeftBehind
Eater Of Ass
 User Gallery

#9290778 - 11/22/08 11:57 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i still have my old PS2 so if i want to play older games i can just bust that mother fucker out. im kinda leaning towards the PS3 now.

online gaming is free with PS3?

everyone i know has a 360 so im not really sure what games are out for the PS3?

the 80gb is the highest for the PS3?

where could i go to get the best deal?

thanks for all the input, but i think i will be getting me a PS3 unless you can change my mind.

are there places that due deals where you could get a PS3 and a flat screen for one cheap price?

--------------------
TWO MUSHROOMS ARE GROWING NEXT TO EACHOTHER. ONE TURNS TO THE OTHER AND SAYS, "its a beautiful day were havin', eh?". THE OTHER MUSHROOM TURNS TO HIM AND SCREAMS, "oh my god!!! a talking mushroom!!!".

emilbus@hush.com

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9290807 - 11/22/08 12:07 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, online gaming is free.

As far as the GB goes its not that big a deal.  You can just buy larger standard hard drives and install them if you feel the need.

As far as games goes, like I said its not the best reason to buy a system.  But probably the most notable exclusives to PS3 are
-Resistance:Fall of Man and Resistance 2
-Metal Gear Solid 4
-Little Big Planet
And I've always enjoyed the Ratchet and Clank series as well, if you're into more kid oriented games (I find them to be a fun time waster :shrug:).

--------------------

OfflineAmericanPsycho
Abomination of Nature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Normandy SR2 Flag
    #9290913 - 11/22/08 12:48 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ToTheSummit said:
if you haven't seen a blu-ray movie on the proper TV then I'll tell you....there is an amazing difference from standard DVD!

:thumbup:  This is definitely true.

--------------------

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: XBOX 360 vs. Playstation 3 [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #9290972 - 11/22/08 01:05 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

PS3  = SOCOM series :smile:

they just came out with SOCOM: Confrontation and i'm addicted.  I'd might as well sell my Resistance & COD because they suck relative to my baby (SOCOM).  Then again, i'm a huge SOCOMhead

Offlineschizophrenic
Grand Poohba
Male

Loc: Northeast
Re: XBOX 360 vs. Playstation 3 [Re: memes]
    #9291212 - 11/22/08 02:11 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

PS3 was dogging with the game selection when it first came out, but recently and in this next year they have a huge lineup in the pipeline. Better graphics, free online play. Xbox 360 was competitive when PS3 first came out for sure. But I think PS3 has passed it by now. Even if you dont currently buy into the whole Blu-Ray thing now, eventually you will so plan ahead. It is amazing to watch a movie in HD and now BluRay is the chosen format. And Sony introduces all of the cool new blu ray stuff to the PS3 before anything else. BluRay 2.0 went to the PS3 first. Xbox is not a bad selection and if you get it you will be happy, but I do believe PS3 is the way to go. Remember it was the same way with the PS2 as well. Started off slow and came on like a frieght train.

--------------------
Roses are red, violets are blue, i'm schizophrenic, and so am I.

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

#9291253 - 11/22/08 02:19 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

InvisibleLeftBehind
Eater Of Ass
 User Gallery

Re: XBOX 360 vs. Playstation 3 [Re: Llamanose]
    #9291323 - 11/22/08 02:31 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

according to the chart i need to get myself a PS3.

--------------------

emilbus@hush.com

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

#9291380 - 11/22/08 02:40 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Neither.

Just one word... Wii

Best fun I have ever had, and some of the solo games are amazing too.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

InvisibleLeftBehind
Eater Of Ass
 User Gallery

Re: XBOX 360 vs. Playstation 3 [Re: Nibin]
    #9291395 - 11/22/08 02:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

really, the WII??? it seems like it lacks in games. they all seem, childish. how are the graphics compared to the PS3?

--------------------

emilbus@hush.com

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

#9291443 - 11/22/08 02:51 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Nintendo isn't really about graphics and that's why their games look "childish" the usually focus on the other aspects that make games fun.

if you can look bast the look of their games they have some of the best games out there and they usually make thing real easy to pick up. ANYONE CAN PLAY is the whole idea.

the biggest downside I see right now is the system isn't friendly towards "conventional" games which tends to make some of the games feel gimmicky.

IMO if you are already interested in PS3 or 360 you'd probably be happier w/ one of them, but if you're familiar w/ the Wii and you're still interested in it, it's probably something you'd enjoy.

--------------------

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

#9291453 - 11/22/08 02:53 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LeftBehind said:
really, the WII??? it seems like it lacks in games. they all seem, childish. how are the graphics compared to the PS3?

Graphics are not comparable really.

It depends on what kind of games you like.

If it is shooting or driving games, avoid the Wii, but if you just enjoy gaming and having fun, it can be fantastic.

Don't you have any friends who own a Wii? Go visit them and try it out.

Also, if you constantly have friends over at your place a Wii will make your stoner nights a lot more fun :lol:

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

Edited by Nibin (11/22/08 02:54 PM)

InvisibleLeftBehind
Eater Of Ass
 User Gallery

Re: XBOX 360 vs. Playstation 3 [Re: CosmicFool]
    #9291458 - 11/22/08 02:54 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

ive never played myself.

--------------------

emilbus@hush.com

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: XBOX 360 vs. Playstation 3 [Re: CosmicFool]
    #9291472 - 11/22/08 02:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I think Nintendo did a smart thing.  They were failing to compete with the traditional gaming systems (gamecube was a complete failure) so they changed their target market.  Instead of trying to convince true 'gamers' that they should buy a nintendo, they went for people who typically wouldn't even CONSIDER buying a gaming system.

The Wii is perfect for friend get togethers and other situations like that.  It's interactive and entertaining for many who would never consider themselves gamers.  For example, my friend T's parents are an engineer and a finance executive.  They own a Wii and love it.  They would NEVER consider buying & playing a 360 or PS3, but this system is perfect for them.  It's not too complex, graphics are good enough for them, but by no means spectacular - it just fits their lifestyle.

In that regard, Nintendo Wii = genius.

However, for our purposes (we being gamers) the Wii is garbage (IMO).  I find it extremely difficult to play traditional games with my hands being able to move freely, and I find a slight delay in system's ability to read my movements (and as we know, in traditional gaming every milisecond counts).

I'm glad you (OP) are leaning toward the PS3.  I'm very confident that you will not regret that decision.

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
    #9291482 - 11/22/08 02:59 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LeftBehind said:

I have a wii and a ps3, i feel the wii is lacking in the single player department, and it never really gets used except for parties and by my daughter.  I did not own a ps2 but chose xbox1, since it was a superior machine.  I normally go for whatever has superior hardware, as I am not a hardcore gamer, though I do game frequently.  I also like to mess around with the systems, for instance, i have installed linux on my ps3.  PS3 is superior in terms of performance to the xbox360...unfortunately however, the architecture is so new, its hard for developers to use this power, though it is really starting to shine finally.

Picking a system based off of one or two games is silly in my personal opinion, as you will have this system not to play only one game, but many.  I mean, seriously, spend 299 on a xbox360 just because it has halo/gears of war?  do you plan to play no other games?  I leave exclusives out of my choice.

Next, as others have stated, I HATE monthly fees for online gaming, part of the reason I have never played WoW.  I mean, buy a game for 50-60 bones, then have to pay more jsut to play it, that is weaksauce.  Xbox live has a monthly fee, ps3 is free to play, and I have had no problems with the online play at all.  XBOX live is really nice, but again, paying to play after you have bought the system and the game is ridiculous IMO.

Next is the life of these systems.  Xbox has a horrible track record for breaking down and needing replacement.  While they have extended their warranty to help alleviate this, it still sucks to be out of a system for 2 weeks while they are being shipped back and forth.  I have yet to have anyone I know have their ps3 breakdown or quit working.  EVERY single friend I have with a 360 has gotten at least 1 replacement.  I have one friend who is on his 4th right now, he games heavily and constantly, so he uses it more than the average user, but 4 is just ridiculous and shows very poor build quality.

PS3 had blu-ray HD format, that is used for both movies and games.  If you dont watch movies then its no biggie for that.  But ps3 games have the capacity to hold 25gb or 50gb for dual layer.  The best xbox360 can do is ~9gb on a disc, though they could just come out with multiple disc games.  This hasn't proved to affect games at all yet...yet being the important part of that.

IMO, ps3 is hands down a better system and a better deal over all.

peace

InvisibleLeftBehind
Eater Of Ass
 User Gallery

Re: XBOX 360 vs. Playstation 3 [Re: supra]
    #9291526 - 11/22/08 03:07 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

you won me over with that speech. im getting the PS3.

--------------------

emilbus@hush.com

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Community >> The Pub