Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineXpatriot
Stranger
Salvia Health Affects
    #9281904 - 11/20/08 09:30 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I havent come across any information regarding the health affects of salvia. It surely must have some adverse consequences. Im considering taking some tommrorow, and would like to knwo if anybody can point me towards any information. Also if anyone has any experiance with affects felt afterwards or general advice/tips.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemaysrome
It is a disgusting sandwich.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Alabama, USA
Re: Salvia Health Affects [Re: Xpatriot]
    #9282066 - 11/20/08 10:03 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Taken From Erowid
It is also important to understand that there have been no toxicological studies of this compound in humans. It is true that the Mazatecs have used the plant for a very long time and don't seem to have problems with it, but when the pure compound is used it would be a simple matter to consume a dose hundreds of times greater than anything ever encountered by the Mazatecs.

Not only is salvinorin A chemically different from other hallucinogens (it is a diterpene not an alkaloid) but its effects are quite different as well. Many people consider the effects less manageable and harder to work with than other entheogens. The majority of people who have had a full blown experience with salvinorin A are reluctant to ever do it again. Anyone choosing to experiment with this compound should always have an alert, clear-thinking sitter present to prevent them from injuring themselves or others.

Here is a link to the full article.

Perhaps this can help you, I don't think it's exactly what you were looking for, but this is the closest I've got. 

--------------------
Es muss sein?!

OfflineDarkLiberty
Ethereal Eater of Souls
Male

#9282080 - 11/20/08 10:07 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

all partially combusted organic material presents dangerous long-term health effects. i know nothing of salvia's dangers other than complete loss of motor cordination while peaking.

i dont like it; makes my neck crunchy.

--------------------
"All Bibles or sacred codes have been the causes of the following Errors:
1. That Man has two real existing principles: Viz: a Body & a Soul.
2. That Energy, call'd Evil, is alone from the Body; & that Reason, call'd Good, is alone from the Soul.
3. That God will torment Man in Eternity for following his energies.

But the following Contraries are to these are True:
1. Man has no Body distinct from his Soul; for that call'd Body is a portion of the Soul discern'd by the five Senses, the chief inlets of Soul in this age.
2. Energy is the only life, and is from the Body; and Reason is the bound or outward circumference of Energy.
3. Energy is Eternal Delight."

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Prick
Male User Gallery

#9282498 - 11/20/08 11:29 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I have never read of any health effects aside from depression and or a feeling of depersonalization. I've done salvia over a thousand times probably and can say from my own experiences that both of the above are possible and subject to the individual. The severity and results can vary equally.

Of course smoking anything has it's own health problems from the act of smoking. I love Salvia and don't want to see it legislated beyond maybe age restrictions. I will not deny however that it can change the way you think about and view reality for good or bad depending on the person.

I suggest exploring other psychedelics first. I think the biggest problem Salvia faces is it's legality and ease of obtainment making it a gateway psychedelic when it really should be reserved for when others are exhausted instead.

Most people will never actually need to go as far as it can take you.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale