Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
MAOI's + Smoked DMT
    #9278968 - 11/20/08 02:12 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I was thinking about this the other day while smoking a cigarette.

Smoking DMT is effective because it gets so much of it into your system so fast that your liver cannot process it before it effects you, right?

If you were to take an MAOI and THEN smoke DMT think it would have an effect?  Seems like you could potentially extend the experience for hours (not sure if you'd want to, I'm pretty nervouse to try smoking a large amount of DMT to be honest, I've only had an oral dose with an MAOI, what I called pseudohuasca :lol:)

Anybody done it?  Thoughts?

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedoom876
Stranger

Re: MAOI's + Smoked DMT [Re: circularvortex]
    #9279296 - 11/20/08 03:10 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Wouldn't it not have an effect since there are none of the enzymes that break it down in your lungs, as there are in your stomach?

--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

OfflineMindFood
Chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: England
Re: MAOI's + Smoked DMT [Re: doom876]
    #9280363 - 11/20/08 05:33 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

doom876 said:
Wouldn't it not have an effect since there are none of the enzymes that break it down in your lungs, as there are in your stomach?

Mono amine oxidase is an enzyme in the brain, so yes it would work by inhibiting the metabolism of DMT. I would have thought it would be a hell of a trip but I haven't tried it.

Offlinedoom876
Stranger

Re: MAOI's + Smoked DMT [Re: MindFood]
    #9280395 - 11/20/08 05:40 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MindFood said:
Quote:

doom876 said:

Mono amine oxidase is an enzyme in the brain, so yes it would work by inhibiting the metabolism of DMT. I would have thought it would be a hell of a trip but I haven't tried it.

cool
In a somewhat related question...
How long, after eating/drinking an maoi should one wait before injesting DMT? I have heard 15 minutes, 45 minutes, and of ayahuasca coming as 1 drink rather then two.

--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

#9280431 - 11/20/08 05:46 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

When you feel the effects of ingesting the MAIO, you should be golden.  It is hard to judge when the inhibitor will work, depending on if you have an empty stomach, if you drank/smoked/ate the maio.  You should be able to feel the effects from it.  It will feel like a light dose of benzo's (xanax).

From what I have read about the combo, it will make it last a little longer and be a "softer" ride.  You will also be able to remember more about the experience.

--------------------
One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the dark conscious.
--Jung

Offlinedoom876
Stranger

Re: MAOI's + Smoked DMT [Re: j_db69]
    #9280929 - 11/20/08 06:55 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I don't do benzos, so I wouldn't know. I ate like 1 1/2 to 2 grams of rue and felt little but sick after an hour or two. So I dunno what to wait for. and I'm talking drank, empty stomach.

--------------------

Offlineutk
Ellis, Dee M.D
    #9281753 - 11/20/08 09:06 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

The stomach and the brain both contain mono amine oxidase enzymes. Digestion is a very slow process and the DMT is exposed to the enzyme to the point of being null by the time it would reach your brain. Smoking transports the vapors directly into your blood stream and they reach the brain almost instantly. DMT takes about 30 minutes for the body to fully metabolize. From anecdotal evidence eating an MAOI and smoking DMT will produce a powerful out of body experience at a lower dose for about an hour. If you eat them both think of it as time released DMT. The drug doesn't hit you all at once and you gradually gain higher blood concentrations. The effect will come in waves orally and you will find yourself snapping back into your body for short periods of time. When smoked its like having a tsunami crash over you and pull you into the ocean.

OfflineintenttoDeMenT
DeMenTed lover
Female User Gallery

#9281824 - 11/20/08 09:17 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

circularvortex said:

Smoking DMT is effective because it gets so much of it into your system so fast that your liver cannot process it before it effects you, right?

If you were to take an MAOI and THEN smoke DMT think it would have an effect?  Seems like you could potentially extend the experience for hours (not sure if you'd want to, I'm pretty nervouse to try smoking a large amount of DMT to be honest, I've only had an oral dose with an MAOI, what I called pseudohuasca :lol:)

If you try this, let us know what happens :smile:

--------------------
We're All Mad Here

My Dials Are Pupilated.

Our subconscious minds have no sense of humor, play no jokes, and cannot tell the difference between reality and an imagined thought or image. What we continually think about will manifest itself in our lives.

JAMAIS VU
- No matter how well you know someone, They're always a stranger.

Did perpetual happiness in the Garden of Eden maybe get so boring that eating the apple was justified?

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
    #9281885 - 11/20/08 09:27 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

circularvortex said:

*puts on to do list*

may as well start off small

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
Re: MAOI's + Smoked DMT [Re: utk]
    #9281916 - 11/20/08 09:31 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

utk said:
From anecdotal evidence eating an MAOI and smoking DMT will produce a powerful out of body experience at a lower dose for about an hour. If you eat them both think of it as time released DMT.

:thumbup:

if what you say is true, that would be one hell of an experience.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale