Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenachra
Stranger
Any advice on dealing with ayahuasca's taste (preferably capping advice)
    #9274169 - 11/19/08 06:58 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Let me say that i love the ayahuasca trip, just hate the ayahuasca taste. I hear of people putting the rue in caps to take care of that bad taste, but is there some way to cap the MHRB? I was thinkin either just blend it up and let the dust settle, then scoop it into the pill, or freezing the ayahuasca tea crushing it up and scooping it up, or boiling it down until the tea becomes that weird sludge then scooping it in, or maybe just scooping the tea into the pill. If its the amount of pill that make this uncommon, thats not an issue, i used to trip robo and got it in pill form so took 3bottles of pills at a time. So with that said has anyone had success with any method of capping the MHRB?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Any advice on dealing with ayahuasca's taste (preferably capping advice) [Re: nachra]
    #9274185 - 11/19/08 07:00 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

If you let the mimosa tea settle down for a while you´ll notice all tanins will fall out in suspension, will collect in the bottom. At this point it should be tasting not so horrible.

FH

Offlinenachra
Stranger
Re: Any advice on dealing with ayahuasca's taste (preferably capping advice) [Re: felixhigh]
    #9274473 - 11/19/08 07:36 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

should i pour the top lair out and only drink the bottom suspention, or save the top lair and discard the bottom lair? should i let it settle before or after i boil it down to a shot? and how big of an improvement on the taste is it? sorry, im still pretty new to this shit

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
Re: Any advice on dealing with ayahuasca's taste (preferably capping advice) [Re: nachra]
    #9274818 - 11/19/08 08:37 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

My advice would be to just suck it up and drink.
Consider it a right of passage if you will.
Believe me, what huasca has to offer is well worth the horrible taste, and more.
but yes, after you have reduced the brew to a drinkable amount, let it settle for a while, then gently and carefully pour the cleared liquid into another container without disturbing the sediment at the bottom. this will also relieve some of the imminent intestinal torture to come.

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #9274842 - 11/19/08 08:41 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I've heard of using gelatin to remove tannins

OfflinePsychedelicPanda
Urban Herbalist

Re: Any advice on dealing with ayahuasca's taste (preferably capping advice) [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #9281485 - 11/20/08 08:18 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Letting the tannins settle to the bottom is the best method I think. I remember my first brew, I split it with a friend, we used waaaay to much water. Ended up having a full glass of it each. I had the top half, and it wasn't half bad (with a bucketful of honey). He started complaining about it half way through (he had the bottom half with most of the tannin). I'm surprised he got 2/3rds of the way through. I tried to swallow the rest, and found I couldn't. It tasted like dirt. REALLY bitter dirt.

and as for whether or not theres a potency difference. I got hit harder then he did, so I think by the time the brew is done most of the active content is dissolved in the water.

--------------------
Respect the substance, and it's spirit will let you leave with your sanity...

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder