Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
Wanting to grow for first time
    #927521 - 10/03/02 03:24 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Lately i'm really interested in the 'growing scene'....but if course, this is all new to me, so i have a lot of questions.
I've been looking around on sporeworks...and they seem pretty reliable. I'm really interested in the mycobags. They seem to be the 'easy and fairly efficient' way. I've read up on what to do with them(injecting the spores, etc)...but i just want to make sure. Basically speaking, you just inject the spores and put the bags away in a dark place(where they won't get contaminated and all that)? And of course keep the right temperature(which i think is around 80 or something right?). So is that all i do? Just keep them there till they are finished? See i'm not sure what else you have to do. Any help would be appreciated. I'm really interested in getting into this hobby. and i figure the mycobag is the easiest way.

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Wanting to grow for first time [Re: juicemonkey]
    #927537 - 10/03/02 03:33 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

That's it. Innoculate and then keep them in a dark place until they're colonized. Best temp would be around 84*F, but 80*F is fine.

Good luck!

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: Wanting to grow for first time [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #927588 - 10/03/02 03:49 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

alright thanks. but i was reading up a bit more...and some people were talkin about after a certain point...you bring them out into light(not direct light or anything)...do you have to do that? or do you just keep them in the dark place until they are ready to harvest?

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
    #927594 - 10/03/02 03:51 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry, I thought you knew about the other part of the process. After the bag is 100% colonized, then you move it into light.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: Wanting to grow for first time [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #927674 - 10/03/02 04:12 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

alright, and how long would i keep them in indirect light? Is that the last stage? And then after 'x' amount of hours in the condition, they are ready to harvest?

and just making sure...you don't open the bag whatsoever until ready to harvest?

--------------------

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
    #927704 - 10/03/02 04:21 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know if you have to open the new bags or not. I would assume not due to the filter patches -- someone who knows more than I in this matter could answer this better. Either way, you leave it in indirect light, keep it cool (the low 70s would be fine), and it should fruit.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract