Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDude96
Stranger

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Just finished my research paper
    #9275251 - 11/19/08 09:54 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

And it feels good :grin: :dancer:

--------------------
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that our eyes once watered."
-Tom Stoppard

"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
-Samuel Johnson

I will be a cancer upon you, ravaging all that you love and sundering your beliefs. Then, and only then, once you have fallen so far and are but a shell of that which you once were, I will grant you your every dream.
Only to crush them all before your eyes. You doubted my willpower, you abused my generosity, and now you will recognize my cruelty.
-Anonymous

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnarchoTrip
Young Blood
Male User Gallery

Re: Just finished my research paper [Re: Dude96]
    #9275290 - 11/19/08 09:59 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I've just recently finished my 25-page philosophy senior thesis paper. It is, indeed, a great feeling.

--------------------
YIPPIE!

OfflineYour Destination
Stranger-than-you
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Just finished my research paper [Re: AnarchoTrip]
    #9275306 - 11/19/08 10:01 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Heh. I just finished a pretty big paper too. It's a nice feeling eh? I know I did well on it too so I'm not nervous or anything.

What was yours on?

--------------------

OfflineDude96
Stranger

Re: Just finished my research paper [Re: Your Destination]
    #9275334 - 11/19/08 10:06 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Its not due tomorrow thank god, I was just doing final revision. And holy shit, a 25 page thesis paper would be extremely relieving. Right now this thing is 8% of my mark..so its pretty important, but not quite as important as a thesis :grin:

and it was on Subatomic particles with relation to technological advancement and the string theory. I focused mainly on neutrinos and the proving of preons.

How about yours?

Also to first poster, what specifically with philosophy did you write about?

--------------------
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that our eyes once watered."
-Tom Stoppard

-Samuel Johnson

I will be a cancer upon you, ravaging all that you love and sundering your beliefs. Then, and only then, once you have fallen so far and are but a shell of that which you once were, I will grant you your every dream.
Only to crush them all before your eyes. You doubted my willpower, you abused my generosity, and now you will recognize my cruelty.
-Anonymous

Edited by Dude96 (11/19/08 10:07 PM)

OfflineYour Destination
Stranger-than-you
Male User Gallery

#9275350 - 11/19/08 10:08 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Twas a sociology paper on the long term effects of a prisoners upon release. I don't even want to go into it :P Sounds easy compared to yours.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#9275362 - 11/19/08 10:09 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I have a pair of papers due by semesters end that I have been procrastinating on.  Not cool, cant wait till I get that feeling you describe.

OfflineDude96
Stranger

#9275363 - 11/19/08 10:10 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Nice, I'm debating taking a sociology, anthropology or psychology course next year. You enjoying it and any recommendations?

Edit: To Diecommie, yeah man I procrastinated fairly badly with these as well. I've got a second much larger one due in a while but i'm not overly worried about it as i've already got a good portion including all my research done. Best of luck. What you doing yours on?

--------------------
-Tom Stoppard

-Samuel Johnson

-Anonymous

Edited by Dude96 (11/19/08 10:12 PM)

InvisibleDieCommie

#9275375 - 11/19/08 10:11 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dude96 said:
and it was on Subatomic particles with relation to technological advancement and the string theory. I focused mainly on neutrinos and the proving of preons.

wtf, that sounds like gibberish :lol:

OfflineYour Destination
Stranger-than-you
Male User Gallery

#9275379 - 11/19/08 10:12 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dude96 said:
Nice, I'm debating taking a sociology, anthropology or psychology course next year. You enjoying it and any recommendations?

Honestly? I'm hating it. I have another thread saying I'm considering dropping out and enlisting. If you have to take one of the three I'd go for Psychology.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #9275383 - 11/19/08 10:12 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dude96 said:

Any thoughts on this possible "new particle" discovered at Fermilab recently?

Does it make any sense to you?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineDude96
Stranger

Re: Just finished my research paper [Re: DieCommie]
    #9275384 - 11/19/08 10:12 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

Dude96 said:

wtf, that sounds like gibberish :lol:

Science for the loss :tongue:

--------------------
-Tom Stoppard

-Samuel Johnson

-Anonymous

InvisibleDieCommie

#9275409 - 11/19/08 10:15 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dude96 said:
What you doing yours on?

One is on optical computation, the other is on optical traps and tweezers.  I have a little one, about 3 pages, on information entropy too.  Kind of sticking to a theme.

OfflineDude96
Stranger

Re: Just finished my research paper [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #9275424 - 11/19/08 10:18 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Quote:

Dude96 said:

Any thoughts on this possible "new particle" discovered at Fermilab recently?

Does it make any sense to you?

Quite a bit of my paper was based around this, although it wasnt my central idea I did cover some of the fermilab stuff. I'm not entirely sure of how recent my information on that was (was sort of just an added side thing, I was more so convering traiditional nutrino information).

Correct me if im wrong, but they found a fourth nutrino particle drifting between an unknown dimension and ours are low energy levels? I'm really hoping it turns out..if it does it definitely is going to make some progress for the string theory :O.

Do you know if there's been any news regarding the argon chambers efficiency, if they've even tested them yet?

--------------------
-Tom Stoppard

-Samuel Johnson

-Anonymous

OfflineDude96
Stranger

#9275433 - 11/19/08 10:19 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Your Destination said:
Quote:

Dude96 said:

Honestly? I'm hating it. I have another thread saying I'm considering dropping out and enlisting. If you have to take one of the three I'd go for Psychology.

Ah, na, i'd be taking it out of interest. Had a bad experience with anthropology in high school but it was a bloody horrid teacher so I was considering giving social sciences a whirl...

on second thought maybe not :lol:

--------------------
-Tom Stoppard

-Samuel Johnson

-Anonymous

OfflineYour Destination
Stranger-than-you
Male User Gallery

#9275445 - 11/19/08 10:20 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dude96 said:
Quote:

Your Destination said:
Quote:

Dude96 said:

Ah, na, i'd be taking it out of interest. Had a bad experience with anthropology in high school but it was a bloody horrid teacher so I was considering giving social sciences a whirl...

on second thought maybe not :lol:

Well if you're truly interested and have the time and money then go for it. Different people get off to different tunes.

--------------------

OfflineDude96
Stranger

#9275512 - 11/19/08 10:28 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Na, I really gain  nothing towards my desired profession by it, and I don't need it..was more so curious for your personal feel about the course..I hear really mixed feelings about sociology from friends and just aquaintances.

They either love it or hate it *shrug*

--------------------
-Tom Stoppard

-Samuel Johnson

-Anonymous

OfflineYour Destination
Stranger-than-you
Male User Gallery

#9275542 - 11/19/08 10:31 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Seems to a love hate thing for sure.

Now I'm left with no idea what I want to do down the road!

--------------------

OfflineDude96
Stranger

#9275571 - 11/19/08 10:34 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I think I read your other thread, you said you had dual citizenship and were considering Canada? I would suggest Canada, some of my friends are enlisting soon/have and after looking into it said they were glad their Canadian. Not sure if its them just being proud of their country or if its true, but i'd seriously consider it at the very least

--------------------
-Tom Stoppard

-Samuel Johnson

-Anonymous

OfflineAnarchoTrip
Young Blood
Male User Gallery

#9275737 - 11/19/08 10:54 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

String Theory makes my head hurt.

My thesis paper was dubbed: (imagine this with a resonating booming voice coming from the heavens)

AN INQUIRY CONCERNING THE FUNDAMENTAL MOTIVATIONS FOR HUMAN TRANSGRESSION

It was about why humans, since the dawn of time up till now, engage in "wrong" behaviour (yes, wrong is debatable, but I think many of us can agree that things like murder, rape and theft are wrong)

It was fun, a very disciplinic study including sources from biology, genetics, hinduism, buddhims, philosophical metaphysics, social and political philosophy, and existentialism.

Very fun. But yeah, string theory hurts my head. I don't get quantum physics at all.

--------------------
YIPPIE!

OfflineYour Destination
Stranger-than-you
Male User Gallery

#9275746 - 11/19/08 10:56 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dude96 said:
I think I read your other thread, you said you had dual citizenship and were considering Canada? I would suggest Canada, some of my friends are enlisting soon/have and after looking into it said they were glad their Canadian. Not sure if its them just being proud of their country or if its true, but i'd seriously consider it at the very least

Looked into it a bit more. I've been recommended by someone I know well who has a military family that Canadian Forces would be better for me.

I'm still confused and unsure, I may find a humanitarian operation of some kind.

I'm doing well the Sociology, its not that I'm finding it hard, I just don't find it interesting.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order